Aliens vs Predator 1990/What you liked about it

Started by avp85comiccollector, Feb 19, 2009, 04:43:36 AM

Author
Aliens vs Predator 1990/What you liked about it (Read 2,455 times)

XenoHunter5669

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 07, 2009, 07:24:53 AM
I liked the vast majority of it, personally. Originally, I was wowed by the art, back then, but when I eventually got the whole thing, thought that the story was crafted very well, too. Especially with the quarantined livestock/penalties issue, which allowed the Aliens to get in there, in the first palce; it felt real and precisely the sort of thing which would fit in a film version of it.

I didn't understand why the Predators deliberately eschewed their usual guns for hand-held projectile weapons, though. That part never made sense. We even see the usual one lock onto the heroine's speeding vehicle, at one point, but nothing happens with that.

The initial scene-setting confrontation, on the jungle world, was a particularly intriguing way to inform the reader as to what was going on, without any actual dialogue present.

The pacing of the story, too, was good, as well as the manner in which the Aliens and Predators are actually defeated.

The sense of atmosphere and characters within it, were one of the few comics where I can remember genuinely feeling it's as good as a film, considering the format. It has some problems, of course and is probably responsible for the unrealistic Alien/Predator kill ratio in following comic stories, but taken as a whole, it's definitely one of the best.

Could not have said it better myself. Additionally, this series is still my all time favorite, however, I can't leave out Eternal. I don't hold it as high regards, but that is my 1A, great story.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed