Dredd

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 20, 2008, 10:01:19 AM

Author
Dredd (Read 284,311 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Haven't seen the Stallone film so I have nothing to compare it to, but I loved the look of Mega City 1 (as much as you can love a grungy post-apocalyptic city, at least :D ).

I bought Dredd used on DVD for a cheap price because I had no clue if I would like it or not, but I contributed to the cause and got the soundtrack off of Amazon afterwards. 8)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Samayel on Jun 24, 2013, 02:39:17 PM
Absolutlely love Dredd, bagged the Blu Ray as soon as possible. Did my bit to help a sequel get the green light.

The only thing they didn't get 100% spot on was the look of Mega City 1, guess that was due to budget constraints; that was only thing that the Stallone abortion did get about right!

What they did get spot-on was conveying the concept and scale of the "Mega-Blocks" - those huge self contained hi-rise towers that is essentially a small city crammed into a skyscraper. They weren't really obvious in the Stallone disaster. The Stallone version of Mega-City 1 was perhaps a little closer in appearance to the comic book source material but translated into a live-action film it looked a little too fantastical and OTT.

Compare Dredd (2012)

to Judge Dredd (1995)

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I gotta prefer the Dredd look. It's unified, and resembles giant tombstones.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Stallone version looks like it's made out of air conditioner parts. :laugh:

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 24, 2013, 03:02:17 PMHaven't seen the Stallone film...
Be warned though, should you ever decide to check it out. The script is so horrible that some of the actor's faces melted while reading the dialogue.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Shasvre on Jun 24, 2013, 04:22:19 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 24, 2013, 03:02:17 PMHaven't seen the Stallone film...
Be warned though, should you ever decide to check it out. The script is so horrible that some of the actor's faces melted while reading the dialogue.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2012/12/dredd30.jpg

http://www.zuguide.com/image/Rob-Schneider-Judge-Dredd.4.jpg

:laugh:

Check out the difference between the costumes...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Stallone's costume is comic-accurate and looks good on screen. But Urban's looks more practical.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 24, 2013, 04:32:35 PM
Stallone's costume is comic-accurate and looks good on screen. But Urban's looks more practical.

The shoulder/eagle pads and badge chain on the Stallone version is definitely closer to the comic book. On the Urban version the helmet, gloves, utility belt, badge, boots and elbow/knee pads are closer to the comic book.

Won't even mention that giant codpiece that Stallone is sporting...

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: ST on Jun 24, 2013, 04:55:33 PMWon't even mention that giant codpiece that Stallone is sporting...

"Officer Johnson reporting for duty."

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Shasvre on Jun 24, 2013, 05:13:31 PM
Quote from: ST on Jun 24, 2013, 04:55:33 PMWon't even mention that giant codpiece that Stallone is sporting...

I am... THE COCK!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 24, 2013, 05:15:38 PM
Quote from: Shasvre on Jun 24, 2013, 05:13:31 PM

I am... THE COCK!

Well... Stallone's costume was designed by Gianni Versace...  :-*

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Shasvre

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed