Aliens vs Predator vs Terminator 2?

Started by Space Disc Jockey, Dec 02, 2008, 12:29:52 AM

Author
Aliens vs Predator vs Terminator 2? (Read 16,427 times)

vikingspawn

I picked up another AvPvT trade paperback from a seller for $15:

If anyone needs one, let me know or PM me.   It's in about VG+ condition.

Mr. Domino

Always loved that cover art. Shame about the interior art though. And the story.

vikingspawn

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Dec 20, 2009, 03:12:03 AM
Always loved that cover art. Shame about the interior art though. And the story.

The cover is a highlight of the whole book.   I used to think it was an Arthur Suydam painted cover but checking it again,  it's by Jon Foster:

http://www.darkhorse.com/Search/Browse/Jon+Foster/PpwNwkt8

alienfan95610

I got lucky and nabbed a set of all 4 original issues for a little over $20 a few years back...glad I did too, I can't believe how much they want for these issues now....crazy stuff... ;)

Mr. Domino

Yeah, I'll find the issues cheap eventually. If there's one thing I've learned, its that good things aren't the only things that come to he who waits. Sometimes, if you're really patient, you can find crap too.

alienfan95610

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Dec 20, 2009, 04:53:59 AM
Yeah, I'll find the issues cheap eventually. If there's one thing I've learned, its that good things aren't the only things that come to he who waits. Sometimes, if you're really patient, you can find crap too.

My friend....that post made my day..... :D

cloverfan98

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Dec 20, 2009, 04:53:59 AM

Try checking used book stores. I got a copy of the AVPVT TPB for 6 bucks at one.

Rambo

Rambo

It will take way longer than a 4-issue mini-series to properly intertwine three major characters/storylines into a decent series. If they're going to make a new AvPvT, they definitely need to use the AVP: Deadliest of the Species model, and not just the 12-issue aspect, the whole pacing and proper character introduction and development DOTS used.

-------------------------------

Quote from: vikingspawn on Dec 20, 2009, 03:02:29 AM
I picked up another AvPvT trade paperback from a seller for $15:

*Snip*

If anyone needs one, let me know or PM me.   It's in about VG+ condition.
Any chance you could make a hi-res scan of that cover? It would make a great desktop image!

Mr. Domino

Quote from: SSj_Rambo on Dec 20, 2009, 07:30:32 AM
and not just the 12-issue aspect, the whole pacing and proper character introduction and development DOTS used.

... ??? what? I'm horribly confused. When I read it, DotS was a nonsensical mess...maybe its changed since then?

MadassAlex

Alien, Predator and human team-up, lol.

Mr. Domino

More than that, Alien Queen, Predator Female, and Human weird as shit genetically engineered android what-the-f**k-ever thing team-up.

MadassAlex

You know, it could work. For a given value of 'team-up'.

Predator and human team up, for whatever reason. Mutual survival, or whatever. The Alien keeps tabs on them from a distance, removing obstacles in their way so they can accomplish their objective - and unwittingly aid the Alien.

That would be pretty badass.

cloverfan98

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Dec 20, 2009, 02:49:26 PM
More than that, Alien Queen, Predator Female, and Human weird as shit genetically engineered android what-the-f**k-ever thing team-up.

What comic was that? I must read it now!

Mr. Domino

Quote from: MadassAlex on Dec 20, 2009, 02:52:27 PM
You know, it could work. For a given value of 'team-up'.

Yeah, it could. Sadly, it didn't.

Quote from: cloverfan98 on Dec 20, 2009, 03:46:54 PM
What comic was that? I must read it now!

Aliens vs. Predator: Deadliest of the Species

Read at your own peril.

Corporal Hicks

I still haven't made it far into that comic and that's why you haven't seen a review of AvP Vol 2.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed