Ghostbusters Franchise

Started by Don Dorris, Sep 26, 2008, 04:12:29 PM

Author
Ghostbusters Franchise (Read 157,264 times)

Nightmare Asylum

You like Firefly, right Aspie? Any particular reason you can't see Fillion donning the proton pack?

I could see either him or Alan Tudyk really working in this type of role.

BANE

BANE

Aspie wants Shia Laboeuf to play Iron Man in Robert Downey Jr.'s stead.

He has no credibility.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 27, 2013, 06:12:13 PM
You like Firefly, right Aspie? Any particular reason you can't see Fillion donning the proton pack?

I could see either him or Alan Tudyk really working in this type of role.

Firefly was good. A bit overrated amongst fans, but it was okay.

I love me some Fillion, but a younger Ghost Buster group just seems more exciting to me. He can be a mentor/villain/ally or something, but my heart is set on a younger group of ghost hunters.

As for Clark Gregg...well, he just doesn't belong in movies in general.

Blacklabel

Quote from: Hubbs on Apr 27, 2013, 05:29:51 PM
A female member??

MALE SUPERIORITY IS BEING CHALLENGED!!!!!!

:laugh:

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 27, 2013, 05:22:09 PM
Nathan Fillion, Clark Greg, Sam Rockwell, and Katee Sackhoff as the new Ghostbusters.

Fund it now.
ALL MY MONEY.

Hubbs

Hubbs

You can't have Fillion as a Ghostbuster!! this is suppose to be a bunch of quirky, wacky, regular Joe oddballs that don't look like movie stars, they look like blue collar workers doing a mundane job. Fillion is a good looking heroic young Han Solo type guy, that's not the type of guy for this film jesus!. Its not about good looking buff blokes running around with gleaming white teeth and being generally superheroic, may as well cast Cruise, Pitt, Depp and Clooney if you want that. Glad some of you don't make big decisions  ::)

Same goes for having a female member, that would inevitably bring along the cliched sexy Ghostbuster angle with tight outfits and lame feminist gags. Plus you know they would use someone like Megan Fox to attract all the teen males.

Maybe have a female join the regular four during the film as a recruit which two of the team have reservations about...kind thing, but not one of the four.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Hubbs on Apr 27, 2013, 08:19:39 PM
You can't have Fillion as a Ghostbuster!! this is suppose to be a bunch of quirky, wacky, regular Joe oddballs, mainly for the funny men of film. Fillion is a good looking heroic young Han Solo type guy, that's not the type of guy for this role jesus!. Glad some of you don't make big decisions  ::)

Fillion played a Han Solo-esque character. He himself isn't a Han Solo-esque character.

I can certainly see him doing this kind of role. He has great comedic timing, a similar dry wit shared by the actors in the original film, and just seems like he'd look right in the role. But that's just me; not gonna force my opinions on anyone.

Quote from: Hubbs on Apr 27, 2013, 08:19:39 PM
Same goes for having a female member, that would inevitably bring along the cliched sexy Ghostbuster angle with tight outfits and lame feminist gags.

Or it would mean that one that *gasp* of the members is a female! :o

Winston was black in the first movie...does that mean that the film was full of African American-centric stereotypes and gags?

TJ Doc

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 27, 2013, 08:25:41 PM
Fillion played a Han Solo-esque character. He himself isn't a Han Solo-esque character.

But he is sex on two legs.

Hubbs

Hubbs

I just think a female character would be lame, simple. Its suppose to be four blokes living in a firehouse and just being like four working blokes, having female in there would bring up some interesting moments but change the feel of the film totally.

Fillion looks pretty Solo-esque to me.

Quote from: TJ Doc on Apr 27, 2013, 08:27:23 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 27, 2013, 08:25:41 PM

And that's exactly what you DON'T want for this type of film  ::)

Aspie

Aspie

The only good move for the franchise now is to make the Ghostbuster crew younger. Keep Fillion away from a proton pack.

And Fillion is extremely Solo-esque lol.

TJ Doc

Quote from: Hubbs on Apr 27, 2013, 08:29:34 PM
Quote from: TJ Doc on Apr 27, 2013, 08:27:23 PM

And that's exactly what you DON'T want for this type of film  ::)

My point exactly. I'd much prefer to see another group of Average Joes strap on the proton packs.

With plenty of homoeroticism between them.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Yes exactly, Fillion doesn't fit that type of role. Not sure about the homoerotic bit though.

TJ Doc

Four guys alone together in a converted fire station 24/7?

Anything could happen.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: TJ Doc on Apr 27, 2013, 08:45:24 PM
Four guys alone together in a converted fire station 24/7?

Anything could happen.

You're scaring me  ???

TJ Doc

Spoiler
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed