The third Aliens-based game for the 360

Started by Ash 937, Sep 16, 2008, 03:05:29 AM

Author
The third Aliens-based game for the 360 (Read 3,107 times)

Ash 937

Ash 937

Anyone remember this game?  I've never played Alien Breed but I did love Gaunlet back in the day.  If it is anything close to Gaunlet, the game should work for me.  It will be DLC for Xbox Live.

http://kotaku.com/5050240/alien-breed-remake-coming-in-2009

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/09/15/team17-confirms-alien-breed-resurrection/

Xhan

Rip off does not equal based on. By that definition Contra Hard Corps, Gears of War and Halo are "Aliens based"

Salt The Fries

I played Alien Breed on Amiga and it's one of the best shooters in this genre, of all time. I have vivid memories of it.

Ash 937

Quote from: Xhan on Sep 16, 2008, 10:42:40 AM
Rip off does not equal based on. By that definition Contra Hard Corps, Gears of War and Halo are "Aliens based"

Not really.  The enemies in this game appear to be actual aliens, not the strogg or the flood like in Gears or Halo.  Also, nearly every major FPS that came out ten years ago had a total conversion that was based on Aliens.  No one complained that those weren't official or "rip-offs."  This game is almost like those except that it is inspired by Gauntlet.

Dachande

Xhan

Xhan

But not enough to warrant lawsuits. and again by the "definition" DooM  (whihc was originally slated to be an Aliens game) is an Aliens ripoff, Duke Nukem, Xenophobia, Abuse, Contra, R type, Prey, Metroid WH 40K, Space Hulk. yadda yadda.

Not an Alien-based game.

SM

Alien Syndrome was my fave Aliens rip-off.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

I hated it when I was a kid, because when I saw the title I expected more Alienesque somethings, and I was dissapointed with it. By the way there was some game on C64 with Alien in the title and there were also bugs in it, but small ones. It had blonde protagonist. Does anyone remember? It's kind of obscure and it bugs me. I saw it briefly in some C64 compilation on youtube and I want to recall the title, because I played it.

SM

Salt The Fries

Xhan

Salt The Fries

Looks amazing for a 1987 game. Plus its title is a funny pun actually.

SM

SM

Used to play Xenophobe all the time in arcades.  Lots of joystick waggling when those hermit crab f**kers latched on.  Think I've got it on MAME somewhere.

Xhan

same here.

I have:

Abuse
Xenophobe
AvP Capcom
Aliens Konami
Aliens C64 US and UK
AvP Snes JPN and US
Alien3 Snes and Genesis
AvP jag
AvP
AvPG
AvP2
A: ACBA
Predator C64
Alien3 Sega Arcade
A:R
Alien Trilogy PSX
Alien Breed Amiga
OverKill Amiga
Dark seed 1 and 2 PC
Space Hulk 3d0, PC, PSX and Board game
Got a used copy of extinction that I've never opened
Aliens TC for Jdoom
and I've personally ported Aliens and Preds into CSS and JKA courtesy of 3dsm9, and hopefully they'll fit into L4D too.

SM

SM

I've been looking for Extinction amongst the increasing plethora of 2nd hand PS2 games becoming available.  Only saw it once and they wanted something like $70 for a 2nd hand copy.  I think not.  Wouldn't mind getting my mitts on A:R too.  Heard it wasn't too bad.

Is Dark Seed any good?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed