Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3?

Started by DARIAS93, Aug 29, 2008, 02:46:07 PM

So who do you think deserves to return and direct AVP3?

Paul W.S Anderson
145 (78.4%)
The Strause Brothers
40 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Author
Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3? (Read 70,516 times)

DoomRulz

Call it what you will, but ultimately I prefer Requiem because there's variation in its palette. In AvP everything was black or grey and it was annoying.

spinksy

Neither - NO WAY

both managed to screw us over!!!

StrangeShape

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 16, 2010, 08:16:24 PM
Call it what you will, but ultimately I prefer Requiem because there's variation in its palette. In AvP everything was black or grey and it was annoying.

Well, its everyone preference. As they say, you dont wanna eat Fillet Menou everyday, sometimes you just prefer McDonalds.

delsaber8

I would chose Anderson but thats only cuz there were only 2 options if there was a neither option I would vote on that as both movies sucked Avp Was slightly less suckish.

x2SMONEY

Zach Synder would do wonders to the series. After superman, I want him to direct an avp reboot

GigersALIEN

Though I like the Predator and Alien action more in Requiem, Anderson is the better director. Anderson also has more experience with sci-fi with his amazing Event Horizon and to a lesser extend but still good, Soldier. If there is an AVP3(and I hope there is) I'd want Anderson to do it. With more freedom he could make a very good film.

MadassAlex

You mean less freedom.

He wrote the script, and it was bad. That's standard fare for Anderson, though. He's not a great writer.

I'm totally happy with him directing another AvP film, though.

echobbase79

Quote from: MadassAlex on Oct 31, 2010, 03:19:53 AM
You mean less freedom.

He wrote the script, and it was bad. That's standard fare for Anderson, though. He's not a great writer.

I'm totally happy with him directing another AvP film, though.

Don't forget Shane Salerno's contributions to the screenplay. I'm pretty sure all the horrible dialog came from him.

MadassAlex

That's true, but Anderson's scripts have been consistently mediocre.

echobbase79

True as well, but once Salerno got a hold of it the script went from being mediocre to down right embarrassing. I truly believe Anderson's early scripts tried to develop some cool characters but that got all washed away when Salerno got his grubby little hands on it.

brokentusk420

brokentusk420

Neither they both managed to screw things up royally. There is nothing and I mean NOTHING good about the first film. I see people saying that if it was allowed to be rated R that it would have been better. NO IT WOULDN'T!!! It takes more that showing a decapitation in all its glory to make a good film. Anderson maybe more experienced but the only good thing he has ever made was Event Horizon. Lets not forget those horrible Mortal Kombats he made ::) He started the shit ball rolling by allowing those horrible designs to grace the screen and allowing those hacks Woodruff and Gillis at ADI have anything to do with the creatures. Though they did start to pull their heads out of their asses when the designed Wolf but the still screwed up his face design. The Strause brothers brought the franchises back to their original R rating which I thank but its not enough to make up for horrible ideas, plots, creature designs, and dialogue. If they make anymore AVP movies they should forget the first two happen and do what they should have done long time ago. USE THE GODDAMN COMIC BOOK STORY!!! It was even made into a script at one point. It would have been far better.

Bring back the old alien designs. I personally like Cameron's alien design with out the dome. But to original is just as badass too. Bring back the old predator designs. Make subtle changes like in Predator 2. And for Christ sake, hire competent actors and a competent director. Stop casting crappy actors and actresses like that lead chick in AVP. Horrible just horrible, I never once believed she would be able to survive a situation like that, much less know what to do in it. She would be too concerned with breaking a nail or messing up here weave than being able to take on a queen alien. Should have had an Asian girl like in the comic. That would be more believable than what we got. What we got was a someone hire for her looks, which btw aren't all that. Get over this idea of lets cater to this demographic by doing this cause studies show it will make us more money. All stuff like I stated above does is jeopardize the integrity of the movies we all grew up loving. They are just bastardized versions of what we know to be canon.

SpaceMarines

There's something called the enter key. It's right next to the apostrophe.

DoomRulz

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Nov 01, 2010, 11:39:01 PM
USE THE GODDAMN COMIC BOOK STORY!!! It was even made into a script at one point. It would have been far better.

That's what Anderson did. Where do you think he got his ideas from, least of all the team-up?

And Peter Briggs did make a direct adaptation of the comic but Fox deemed it too expensive. Also, depending on who you ask, it wasn't that much better a script.

brokentusk420

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 02, 2010, 02:41:08 AM
USE THE GODDAMN COMIC BOOK STORY!!! It was even made into a script at one point. It would have been far better.

That's what Anderson did. Where do you think he got his ideas from, least of all the team-up?

And Peter Briggs did make a direct adaptation of the comic but Fox deemed it too expensive. Also, depending on who you ask, it wasn't that much better a script.

Yeah he got certain ideas from it, but it had nothing to do with a stupid f**king pyramid or Charles Weyland. It was a cheap bastardized version with budget in mind. I know of the Peter Briggs adaption and it would have been WAY better than what we got. More expensive maybe but it would have paid off in the long run. They could make the movie after the comic book but someone some where in that sh*t hole Fox studios is pulling strings to not make it happen.

Mus

Mus

Stop casting crappy actors and actresses like that lead chick in AVP. Horrible just horrible, I never once believed she would be able to survive a situation like that, much less know what to do in it. She would be too concerned with breaking a nail or messing up here weave than being able to take on a queen alien. Should have had an Asian girl like in the comic. That would be more believable than what we got.

...Because Asian people are... immune to, like, acid blood, or something?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed