Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3?

Started by DARIAS93, Aug 29, 2008, 02:46:07 PM

So who do you think deserves to return and direct AVP3?

Paul W.S Anderson
145 (78.4%)
The Strause Brothers
40 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Author
Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3? (Read 70,498 times)

PredaNinja

Out of those two? Anderson...With TSB doing the effects (and w/o all the darkness)....

The Demon

The Strause Brothers because they understand how important the classic designs are.

SiL

Pity they didn't realise how important anything else about the original movies were.

And what the hell did they do to prove they understood how important the original Alien designs were? They changed the freaking face-hugger for crying out loud. That's the one thing that's never changed in all the movies, and they go and friggin' change it.

The Demon

Quote from: SiL on Dec 27, 2008, 08:35:12 PM
Pity they didn't realise how important anything else about the original movies were.

And what the hell did they do to prove they understood how important the original Alien designs were? They changed the freaking face-hugger for crying out loud. That's the one thing that's never changed in all the movies, and they go and friggin' change it.

Well this was their first movie. I didn't expect it to be a masterpiece. I think they did a good job for the most part. They captured some feels the original movies had.

The Alien's design was ok just very poorly portrayed in the movie I think. I don't think there was anything wrong with the new facehugger look. Mainly it was just different colors.

SiL

Quote from: The Wolf on Dec 27, 2008, 08:40:04 PM
Well this was their first movie. I didn't expect it to be a masterpiece.
No-one was asking for one. Just a movie that respected both creatures and had the tiniest bit of thought put into it.

QuoteThey captured some feels the original movies had.
...which? "Ohshit I can't see"?

DoomRulz

How did they change the facehugger?

aliensetta

aliensetta

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 27, 2008, 09:06:51 PM

They made them a dark green/brown color. But I think they changed the facehuggers color in the movie because you see the normal pale color ones in the beginning but at the scene when all the bums get facehugged their the green/brown color. 

The Demon

Quote from: SiL on Dec 27, 2008, 08:45:36 PM
Quote from: The Wolf on Dec 27, 2008, 08:40:04 PM
Well this was their first movie. I didn't expect it to be a masterpiece.
No-one was asking for one. Just a movie that respected both creatures and had the tiniest bit of thought put into it.

QuoteThey captured some feels the original movies had.
...which? "Ohshit I can't see"?

I enjoyed it because it had the same kind of value as movies like Demons. You just want it for the action it gives us. Who going to go see an AvP movie expecting a great flawless story? To me it was like a nice Predator tribute. Its good to see the Predator redeem itself after AvP.

haha that's old. Its simple, whether you're stubborn about it or not, cranking up the brightness makes all the difference. But I meant how the Predator was portrayed. Not just the performance either. Several scenes reminds me of the original Predator. Not too much there for the Alien though.

DoomRulz

Quote from: aliensetta on Dec 27, 2008, 09:17:25 PM

They made them a dark green/brown color. But I think they changed the facehuggers color in the movie because you see the normal pale color ones in the beginning but at the scene when all the bums get facehugged their the green/brown color. 

<_< Nitpick IMO. You don't see them all that often for it to really matter.

The Demon

I think their explanation for that was the pale ones were the normal ones from AvP and the new colored ones were "warrior" facehuggers as in they lay warrior alien embryos in hosts.

DARIAS93

Quote from: The Wolf on Dec 27, 2008, 11:38:11 PM

I think their explanation for that was the pale ones were the normal ones from AvP and the new colored ones were "warrior" facehuggers as in they lay warrior alien embryos in hosts.
Okay those facehugger, or should I say "Warrior Facehuggers", are the ones that lay warrior alien embryos in the hosts, then tell me what do they called those facehuggers in Aliens? Pale Warrior facehuggers?

The Demon

No, I'd just call them facehuggers. Hey, that was the Strause explanation, not mine.

SiL

Quote from: The Wolf on Dec 27, 2008, 11:17:43 PM
Who going to go see an AvP movie expecting a great flawless story?
Nobody. And nobody has ever, ever asked that of AvPR. Not before it came out, not now.

QuoteTo me it was like a nice Predator tribute. Its good to see the Predator redeem itself after AvP.
f**k the Predators, this is AvP. What about the Aliens? I know two Predators got killed by one Alien; I know they ran off with the humans. They still put up a fight and had some cool scenes. The Aliens had nothing in Requiem.

QuoteIts simple, whether you're stubborn about it or not, cranking up the brightness makes all the difference.
It mostly just makes the black turn grey and pixelated.

QuoteBut I meant how the Predator was portrayed. Not just the performance either. Several scenes reminds me of the original Predator. Not too much there for the Alien though.
And once more, f**k the Predators. This is AvP. There are two creatures, two franchises. Even as a crossover it fails because it only gives a shit about one side. At least Anderson gave his Predators some credit.

The Demon

Quote from: SiL on Dec 28, 2008, 12:15:36 AM
Quote from: The Wolf on Dec 27, 2008, 11:17:43 PM
Who going to go see an AvP movie expecting a great flawless story?
Nobody. And nobody has ever, ever asked that of AvPR. Not before it came out, not now.

QuoteTo me it was like a nice Predator tribute. Its good to see the Predator redeem itself after AvP.
f**k the Predators, this is AvP. What about the Aliens? I know two Predators got killed by one Alien; I know they ran off with the humans. They still put up a fight and had some cool scenes. The Aliens had nothing in Requiem.

QuoteIts simple, whether you're stubborn about it or not, cranking up the brightness makes all the difference.
It mostly just makes the black turn grey and pixelated.

QuoteBut I meant how the Predator was portrayed. Not just the performance either. Several scenes reminds me of the original Predator. Not too much there for the Alien though.
And once more, f**k the Predators. This is AvP. There are two creatures, two franchises. Even as a crossover it fails because it only gives a shit about one side. At least Anderson gave his Predators some credit.

That was a rhetorical question.

No don't f**k the Predator. I would rather it be fair but I'll take it. The Aliens had something.. the Predalien. People will laugh at that but what did the Predators have in AvP? Scar?.. haha

It works fine for me, dude.

Once again, no don't f**k Predators. Yes, I understand this is AvP. There's nothing I can do about it. But sense its good Predator action, I will enjoy it. That's the only way I can watch the movie and get a kick out of it.

SiL

Quote from: The Wolf on Dec 28, 2008, 12:21:10 AM
The Aliens had something.. the Predalien.
You mean one of the many, many things Alien fans disliked about the movie? The one with the reproductive method that makes no sense, the appearance that looks retarded and has little coherency with how any other Alien has ever looked, that stood around waiting for Wolf to do a strip-tease in the final fight?

The Bros are idiots. It doesn't matter if it's their first movie, they just clearly don't know what the f**k they're talking about. Even when they tried to big-up the Predator they made him look incompetent and stupid. The Predators in AvP were better fighters.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed