Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3?

Started by DARIAS93, Aug 29, 2008, 02:46:07 PM

So who do you think deserves to return and direct AVP3?

Paul W.S Anderson
145 (78.4%)
The Strause Brothers
40 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Author
Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3? (Read 69,995 times)

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Neila on May 13, 2024, 07:25:50 AM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on May 12, 2024, 10:09:17 PMIn contrast, I'll be booking the entire cinema screen for myself and my fiancée to ensure we get to enjoy it with no mumbling, talking, rustling of popcorn and snacks, or glowing phone screens. 😁 (Early birthday present) I really can't wait for Romulus!! Hopefully the manager will be as kind as the last one (when I booked a private screening for Evil Dead Rise, I managed to convince them to let me take one of the double sided quad posters for my Evil Dead Collection) 😊 I wonder how similar to the final Covenant quad poster the Romulus one will be... they all seem to be leaning into that Alien Isolation key art vibe.
From a financial perspective, this is probably a high stakes

It's actually not as bad as you'd think; when I first enquired about it for Evil Dead Rise, I thought it was going to be obscenely priced (like, literally the cost of every seat)- but it's not, if you go on certain cinemas websites (in this case I used Cineworld in UK) it was around £100 for a private screening (and that allows you to bring up to 20 or so people if you wish; so costs can be greatly reduced if you want to have a viewing party too, (though for me that defied the point of ensuring quiet 🤣). When you get there, the cinemas is usually closed to public, so a manager will meet you at front entrance... whilst you are buying snacks etc, they'll ask if you want trailers or just movie (I like trailers) but they then give you 5mins to get settled in and then start the movie.

They way I justified the cost to myself was, I don't go out drinking etc like I used to when I was younger; and around 15 years ago I recall a night out with taxi costs would sit me and friends around £75 per person a night (and that was minus food) I can only imagine what it is now 🤣 or another way to look at it is, it's literally 1 overtime shift at my part time job (though in the case of Romulus I'm fortunate not to have to worry about it due to it being an early 40th gift) - but I think it's a reasonable price for a day/night out for two 😃👍

EDIT: (Another way to look at it; it's the same cost as getting your name in the credits of a fan-made Aliens documentary 🤣) 

SiL

I would absolutely spend 100 quid on a private screening.

Neila

This is actually still within the realm of possibility.
and if you consider not having any disturbers in the cinema, all the better.

SiL

Here they're about $200-$300

Neila

That's about £240.
Split between a group of friends, that's okay too I think.

SiL

SiL

£150 ish, I'm talking AUD.

Neila

Corporal Hicks

That's actually come down quite a bit for the chain cinemas. I remember it being several hundreds when I enquired back when I worked at Odeon. I ended up hiring the "worlds smallest cinema" instead a couple of times  for £80-100 because that was a lot cheaper!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed