Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3?

Started by DARIAS93, Aug 29, 2008, 02:46:07 PM

So who do you think deserves to return and direct AVP3?

Paul W.S Anderson
145 (78.4%)
The Strause Brothers
40 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Author
Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3? (Read 69,982 times)

SiL

Quote from: SM on May 12, 2024, 03:42:21 AMIf they tried to remove the embryo by the time the hugger dropped off though it could probably survive on its own AND kill the host.
But nothing would stop them killing the embryo if they wanted to.

QuoteDoes make for an interesting question as to why a hugger had to stay on so long if it's a form of ejaculation to create a new life form. Keeping Kane alive in a toxic atmosphere aside.
I'll Occam's Razor it and say the explanation is the ejaculating is hack bullshit that belongs in one of the AvP movies.

SM

Okay maybe not that interesting.

It was fan theory for yonks either way.

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 12, 2024, 03:52:24 AMMaybe to prevent self-harm.  It could be that a facehugger instinctively knows whether its host is both conscious and intelligent.  If so, it may have to keep the host comatose longer to scrub its memory of the encounter, so the host doesn't just kill itself to prevent a more painful death.

This could also explain the much shorter implantation time in Alien 3.

Then you have a pretty normal gestation in the dog but a much longer growth to adult.

Local Trouble

I'm not sure I follow, but I did just take some NyQuil so I'm a bit loopy.

Kradan

Quote from: SiL on May 11, 2024, 11:02:34 PMIf the facehugger was in place the entire time until right before he popped I'd buy it, but it's not the case.

That'd be a creepy visual actually -an unconscious body with its face covered entirely by a space spider suddenly begins twitching and convulsing until a covered in blood baby Alien breaks through its ribcage

SiL

Quote from: SM on May 12, 2024, 05:30:19 AMOkay maybe not that interesting.

I know as well as anyone there are certainly ways to fit or justify whatever.

But I'm also at a point where I just don't f**king care to justify filmmakers dicking around because they can't be bothered making things fit into what's been established.

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 12, 2024, 05:36:51 AMI'm not sure I follow, but I did just take some NyQuil so I'm a bit loopy.

It's NyQuil driving time.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: SiL on May 12, 2024, 07:14:38 AM
Quote from: SM on May 12, 2024, 05:30:19 AMOkay maybe not that interesting.

I know as well as anyone there are certainly ways to fit or justify whatever.

But I'm also at a point where I just don't f**king care to justify filmmakers dicking around because they can't be bothered making things fit into what's been established.

I'm feeling the same. If Romulus has anything stupid like the lope thing or if the rumors about finding big chap are true then I'm done. I probably won't bother going to see any new Alien media in cinema.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 11, 2024, 01:50:47 PMNice music but life-cycle too fast and was more or less fully formed, just in a sac that resembled the old chestburster.

On the topic of the chestburster in Covenant; I think I've become more forgiving of its gestation period in this particular case; I still believe it's not a 'true' Xenomorph in the sense of what we see in the original trilogy, and hate the short gestation periods overall... however, considering it David's 'prototype' if you will, a sort of unrefined test run, I can accept it's faster because we see how fast the pathogen is in creating a neomorph... and whilst I've often argued it appearing different as part-justification of not being a 'true xeno TM' upon repeat viewings, I did notice that actually, it may start as a regular chestburster, as when it pops we see acid burning the corpse, something we don't usually see... it's literally accelerated to the skin-shedding stage whilst emerging from the corpse. So its appearance can be chalked up to faster life cycle alongside gestation period. Perhaps the shorter gestation period accounts for its more undeveloped 'fleshy' exoskeleton.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

If I recall correctly, the Covenant novelisation has a around a seven hour gap from when they call Tennassee to when he can actually land because of the storm. This would make the life cycle similar to that of the original film.

Likewise it is implied Lope has been bursted for some time because Daniels and Tennasee were sleeping for some time until Mother came back online at 8 bells.

But the first point in particular is obviously not evident in the film at all so not sure if this was just another of ADF's attempted 'fixes'.

Kradan

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 12, 2024, 12:11:03 PMI probably won't bother going to see any new Alien media in cinema.

Eh, liar

The Cruentus

Nope. Home media maybe, cinema no.

Acid_Reign161

In contrast, I'll be booking the entire cinema screen for myself and my fiancée to ensure we get to enjoy it with no mumbling, talking, rustling of popcorn and snacks, or glowing phone screens. 😁 (Early birthday present) I really can't wait for Romulus!! Hopefully the manager will be as kind as the last one (when I booked a private screening for Evil Dead Rise, I managed to convince them to let me take one of the double sided quad posters for my Evil Dead Collection) 😊 I wonder how similar to the final Covenant quad poster the Romulus one will be... they all seem to be leaning into that Alien Isolation key art vibe.

SM

Quote from: TheBATMAN on May 12, 2024, 03:40:34 PMIf I recall correctly, the Covenant novelisation has a around a seven hour gap from when they call Tennassee to when he can actually land because of the storm. This would make the life cycle similar to that of the original film.

Likewise it is implied Lope has been bursted for some time because Daniels and Tennasee were sleeping for some time until Mother came back online at 8 bells.

But the first point in particular is obviously not evident in the film at all so not sure if this was just another of ADF's attempted 'fixes'.

There are ways around some of the timings when you look at the planet's rotation speed and the 8 bells thing, but the film still presents certain things as happening pretty quickly.

xShadowFoxX

I'm here looking at the poll choices and thinking .. "Why isn't there a 'neither' option?"

Neila

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on May 12, 2024, 10:09:17 PMIn contrast, I'll be booking the entire cinema screen for myself and my fiancée to ensure we get to enjoy it with no mumbling, talking, rustling of popcorn and snacks, or glowing phone screens. 😁 (Early birthday present) I really can't wait for Romulus!! Hopefully the manager will be as kind as the last one (when I booked a private screening for Evil Dead Rise, I managed to convince them to let me take one of the double sided quad posters for my Evil Dead Collection) 😊 I wonder how similar to the final Covenant quad poster the Romulus one will be... they all seem to be leaning into that Alien Isolation key art vibe.
From a financial perspective, this is probably a high stakes

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed