Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3?

Started by DARIAS93, Aug 29, 2008, 02:46:07 PM

So who do you think deserves to return and direct AVP3?

Paul W.S Anderson
145 (78.4%)
The Strause Brothers
40 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Author
Paul W.S Anderson or The Strause Brothers for AVP3? (Read 69,976 times)

SiL

The tail coming out next to the head is also ridiculous.

SM

Quote from: SiL on May 10, 2024, 11:20:02 PMInfecting Lope in 3 seconds through a hole in his cheek is some bullshit.

If by bullshit you mean "ace" then yes.

As ropey as Covenant is, AvPs 10 minute Aliens were markedly worse.

SiL

Quote from: SM on May 10, 2024, 11:29:49 PMIf by bullshit you mean "ace" then yes.

No I mean hack bullshit I'd expect from something like AvP.

The Cruentus

Quote from: SM on May 10, 2024, 10:30:38 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on May 10, 2024, 01:40:03 PM
Quote from: Neila on May 10, 2024, 06:49:21 AMoh, I think that was the most family friendly and worst chestburster scene so far.

They did add cgi blood in the unrated version, does very little to help though as its not really blended well.

Honestly I do find the chestbursting in that scene not too bad, at least up until the actually burst. As like in the first film, it takes time to get past the rib cage, which would not be quick and easy. Very nasty death. Pity about the super fast life-cycle though, though Ridley managed to do worse than that.
I think in the sequel however, a chestburster pops out nearly instantly out that hunter. :laugh:

How was Ridley's worse?

Quote from: SiL on May 10, 2024, 11:20:02 PMInfecting Lope in 3 seconds through a hole in his cheek is some bullshit.

This.

Quote from: SiL on May 10, 2024, 09:13:50 PMAvPR lengthened it out to a few hours. Buddy and Sam get grabbed in the morning and don't poop until the afternoon.

I'm leaving that typo there.

The implantation time is longer than the first film but the chestburster bursts quicker than it did  than Rousseau's. It only "pushes out" twice or three times and its out. With the former, it does it multiple times before it erupts.

SiL

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 10, 2024, 11:52:49 PMThe implantation time is longer than the first film but the chestburster bursts quicker than it did  than Rousseau's. It only "pushes out" twice or three times and its out. With the former, it does it multiple times before it erupts.
Once or twice is pretty average though.

The kid's laughable.

The Cruentus

Alien and Aliens had them take a few pushes, Alien 3 was instant for Ripley, rez was a lengthy period but without any ribcracking until Wren got killed. AVP at least managed to make them seem like a struggle to burst out, even if the end result was pretty bad.

The kid shouldn't have been alive given the size of the chestburster versus his chest cavity size. His lung should have been crushed.

SM

Quote from: SiL on May 10, 2024, 11:40:49 PM
Quote from: SM on May 10, 2024, 11:29:49 PMIf by bullshit you mean "ace" then yes.

No I mean hack bullshit I'd expect from something like AvP.

You did the universe a great disservice editing out Bechir's cheek implantation comments.

Think of all the EXPLAINED YouTube videos we have been deprived of.

SiL

Quote from: SM on May 11, 2024, 12:18:11 AMYou did the universe a great disservice editing out Bechir's cheek implantation comments.

If I could've salvaged it I would've, but it was nested in such an incoherent rant I had to throw the baby out with the bath water. :(

I wonder if @Corporal Hicks  has the raw footage still.

Kradan

Wait, you talking about facehugger or David ?

Neila

Quote from: The Cruentus on May 11, 2024, 12:09:13 AMThe kid shouldn't have been alive given the size of the chestburster versus his chest cavity size. His lung should have been crushed.
That's correct.
However, if you really think about it, the whole chestburster thing is generally illogical.
A creature of this size would affect the host's lungs as it grows and cause death before it is fully grown.
But it's a film and so it doesn't matter.

SiL

Quote from: Kradan on May 11, 2024, 06:38:40 AM

Wait, you talking about facehugger or David ?
The facehugger that jumps on him.

Quote from: Neila on May 11, 2024, 06:42:03 AMA creature of this size would affect the host's lungs as it grows and cause death before it is fully grown.
It wouldn't kill the host, but it would affect their ability to breathe. They'd wake up with a bad case of asthma.

BlueMarsalis79

Alex White solved that, it does not grow in the lungs, but in the chest cavity.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on May 11, 2024, 09:15:49 AMAlex White solved that, it does not grow in the lungs, but in the chest cavity.
That was always the case. The scan in Alien 3 shows it's around the heart. Even AvP shows it there when Scar scans Sebastian.

The issue is something that size in the chest cavity would interfere with the lungs' ability to work.

A3 prop showing the Queen between the lungs and heart. Originally designed as a regular burster then changed during production.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on May 11, 2024, 12:38:00 AM
Quote from: SM on May 11, 2024, 12:18:11 AMYou did the universe a great disservice editing out Bechir's cheek implantation comments.

If I could've salvaged it I would've, but it was nested in such an incoherent rant I had to throw the baby out with the bath water. :(

I wonder if @Corporal Hicks  has the raw footage still.

Remind me to check in the week. I'm not at home this weekend.

The Cruentus

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on May 11, 2024, 09:15:49 AMAlex White solved that, it does not grow in the lungs, but in the chest cavity.

No one has ever said it grows in the lung, even if it was a small egg size it would probably kill someone if it was in the lung.

The chest cavity has been where it always goes but it would be pressing against the lung.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed