New Members >>> Introduce Yourself

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:01:10 AM

Author
New Members >>> Introduce Yourself (Read 1,311,280 times)

TheRaven

TheRaven

Hey guys! I'm not new but I am a returning member after being absent for a few years now!
I went by TheRaven but my new steam ID is FlawedLegacy, so if you added me on there that'll be me c:

Are game nights still going on? I still don't have Aliens CM for PC and I need to get the server for AvP2
Do you guys have a discord now too btw?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: MarqFJA87 on Sep 07, 2017, 09:43:31 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 07, 2017, 08:38:33 PM
I hadn't noticed, sorry. Fair enough. I'd be curious to see that if you ever come across it again!
I probably won't. The magazine issue in particular is probably at least 20 years old by now, and they don't make a habit of reprinting old stuff.

Well if you ever do.  :)

QuoteBTW, which part of the forum should I go if I wanted to discuss ideas for fan-made world-building of the AVPverse (that is, world-building that we fans come up with ourselves, rather than what is present in AVP materials), such as all-new Xenomorph variants, details of Xenomorph/Yautja biology, or unexplored aspects of the culture/technology/history of Yautja/Humans? Because that's what drove me to sign up to this forum in the first place, even though I'm interested in doing other kinds of AVP-related discussion.

The general A/P board is probably what you're looking for. http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?board=26.0

Quote from: TheRaven on Sep 07, 2017, 11:08:43 PM
Are game nights still going on? I still don't have Aliens CM for PC and I need to get the server for AvP2
Do you guys have a discord now too btw?

Welcome back! :) We're trying to get game nights going again but it's not massively successful. Details are here - http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=57692.0

And yep! We're on Discord. https://discord.gg/NSaGx6U

A-L-I-E-N

Hello everyone, I am a long time fan of the site but haven't ever really reached out! I am 33 and grew up trying to get my hands on every Kenner figure I could as a kid and watching Aliens on VHS on near loop. I will admit Predator has never really been my thing but hey if it puts more Aliens on screen it can't be that bad hehe. I like all the films (and love a few of them), I have played most every video game from the franchise and still put in a few hours a week playing Colonial Marines on console.

Olde

Olde

Welcome. You might want to talk to Windebieste. He's very knowledgeable about the figures and has a book on one of the Kenner figures coming out soon. http://www.hideousplastic.com/?page_id=47

Corporal Hicks

Winde is a great bloke to chat to about the original Alien kenner figure. Make sure you stick your head in the Merch board and show off your collection too!  :) http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?board=15.0

And welcome to AvP Galaxy!

A-L-I-E-N

Woo! Get ready to be amazed! (Well it's not a bad collection)

Ollyhoward87

Hi my name is Olly and I have been a fan since my older brothers introduced me to Predator & Alien since from the age of around 5. Was so scared of the Alien I couldn't even go upstairs on my own! Don't think many of my friends parents liked inviting me around as I would mostly start running about with anything I could imagine as a gun and start swearing and pretending I was shooting the Predator in the trees or getting ambushed by Aliens thinking they where coming out of the goddamn walls. Been a massive part of my life and long may it continue!

Master Chief

You have cool brothers, Olly.  Welcome aboard!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ollyhoward87 on Sep 18, 2017, 08:46:30 PM
Hi my name is Olly and I have been a fan since my older brothers introduced me to Predator & Alien since from the age of around 5. Was so scared of the Alien I couldn't even go upstairs on my own! Don't think many of my friends parents liked inviting me around as I would mostly start running about with anything I could imagine as a gun and start swearing and pretending I was shooting the Predator in the trees or getting ambushed by Aliens thinking they where coming out of the goddamn walls. Been a massive part of my life and long may it continue!

Welcome to the club, Olly. I'm a fellow young age sufferer!

knoxvilles_joker

I am Knoxvilles Joker.  My favorite Cosplay as you could Surmise is Joker with my wife Harley in tow, hahaha.  I also love Aliens and Predator.  I have been slowly building out a colonial marine costume and a predator costume.  I will start on a smart gunner costume at some point soon as well.  The most important part on my builds is trying to bring fantasy to life with electronics and make everything fully functional just like in the movies. 

I am finding that the Raspberry Pi and 3-d printing is changing everything about this craft and this is a very fun and exciting time to be in.

I am on facebook and document my costume build outs there under Knoxvilles_joker.  My predator and Colonial marine build outs are being detailed on alienslegacy.com. 

I have worked with ian Bremner in bringing the motiontracker to life and Sean Maio with his smartgun setup.

Master Chief

Good stuff!  Welcome aboard, recruit Joker!

Corporal Hicks

Welcome to the club, Joker! Always happy to see more costumers showing up over here. I look forward to seeing your work!  :)

Saith

Saith

Howdy,
long time lurker of this site & fan of these franchises for many years.
Also enjoy the old Comic Series and the Novels of recent years.
Not to forget the Soundtracks! Picked up an original LP of Alien score and my Cassette copy of Predator 2 is a prized relic.

Enough about me. On with the Hunt!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Tony Pope on Oct 06, 2017, 01:08:28 AM
Howdy,
long time lurker of this site & fan of these franchises for many years.

Nice to see you...

I'm sorry, I'll go now.

QuoteAlso enjoy the old Comic Series and the Novels of recent years.

How did you enjoy the recent Rage War series and Predator: Hunters?

Saith

Saith

Well, I actually haven't read the Rage War series, by which I believe you are referring to Incursion and the likes? I do hope to, however Predator novels did hit a high standard over the years. From having read Nathan Archers excellent work, pretty much as they came out, to both Turnabout & South China Sea which were incredible!

That said, I'm also a complete stranger to the recent Alien trilogy of novels. Never got around to them, probably never will. Perhaps it is I feel there's been some overkill lately. Where as once I recall waiting long periods of time regarding announcements for anything really.

Honestly, the last slew of comics I got through was Fire & Stone of which I didn't truly enjoy that much though planning to give some time for Predator: Life & Death.
Not familiar with Hunters at all so I shall peruse the forum regards this.

Definitely looking forward to If It Bleeds!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed