New Members >>> Introduce Yourself

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:01:10 AM

Author
New Members >>> Introduce Yourself (Read 1,329,593 times)

Randomizer

Welcome !

Seeing as you're a fan of AVP2 you might want to look on ModDB for a while; there's been quite a few new mods for the time being.  ;)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ironb4lls on Sep 08, 2016, 02:01:44 AM
Hello all,

Been a fan of the series ever since I saw Aliens on TV in 1987, though i still consider the original to be my favorite of the bunch. Played the old AvP2 against friends back in the day, and have become obsessed with Alien Isolation as of late.

Welcome to the site! Be sure to stick your head in on the gaming boards!

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Ironb4lls on Sep 08, 2016, 02:01:44 AM
Hello all,

Been a fan of the series ever since I saw Aliens on TV in 1987, though i still consider the original to be my favorite of the bunch. Played the old AvP2 against friends back in the day, and have become obsessed with Alien Isolation as of late.

Greetings. Welcome to the site :).

Xenecronomicon

Life-long franchise fan, long-time reader, first-time poster.

I'm a twenty-seven year old who first discovered the Alien films via an unusual route - I was into H.R. Giger first as a young teen, and learned about this film series based in part on his artwork. I was immediately floored when I watched Alien for the first time, because while I'd been familiar with the film's title and place in pop culture before I first saw it, I hadn't realized the sheer artistry that went into making the picture, or the levels of subtext in the story.
This movie was a perfect representation of Tiger's work in Necrom IV.

I might be one of a handful of fans to really not like Aliens very much; I felt like the imposition of an overt insectoid lifecycle on the creatures stripped them of much of their majesty and power. Conversely, I love Alien 3, and I think that the religious symbolism of the picture nicely echoes the carnal spirituality of Giger's creations (recall that the creatures in Necrom IV appear to be engaged in some sort of ritualistic sexual activity). The less said about Resurrection and the AvP pictures, the better. I thoroughly enjoyed Prometheus, warts and all.

I'm extremely hyped for Covenant and anti-hyped for Blomkamp's fan-service Aliens II.

That's about it, I suppose.

Corporal Hicks

Welcome aboard! The fanbase is quite varied so you'll find people who aren't keen on Aliens and others who don't want the retcon. It can be fun at times! Please check out the board rules and feel free to contact any mods if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you about!  :)

Kaltes

Kaltes

Quote from: Xenecronomicon on Sep 20, 2016, 07:21:03 AM
Life-long franchise fan, long-time reader, first-time poster.

I'm a twenty-seven year old who first discovered the Alien films via an unusual route - I was into H.R. Giger first as a young teen, and learned about this film series based in part on his artwork. I was immediately floored when I watched Alien for the first time, because while I'd been familiar with the film's title and place in pop culture before I first saw it, I hadn't realized the sheer artistry that went into making the picture, or the levels of subtext in the story.
This movie was a perfect representation of Tiger's work in Necrom IV.

I might be one of a handful of fans to really not like Aliens very much; I felt like the imposition of an overt insectoid lifecycle on the creatures stripped them of much of their majesty and power. Conversely, I love Alien 3, and I think that the religious symbolism of the picture nicely echoes the carnal spirituality of Giger's creations (recall that the creatures in Necrom IV appear to be engaged in some sort of ritualistic sexual activity). The less said about Resurrection and the AvP pictures, the better. I thoroughly enjoyed Prometheus, warts and all.

I'm extremely hyped for Covenant and anti-hyped for Blomkamp's fan-service Aliens II.

That's about it, I suppose.

Welcome to the forum.

serbip1

serbip1

Hey there, guys.

First, I wanna say that by far this community is absolutely great and I really enjoy being here!
I'm pretty new to this AvP franchise(started in summer 2015) and by far it's one of the best things I've ever seen
Hope to see more things from you guys!

Cheers.

Master Chief

Quote from: serbip1 on Sep 21, 2016, 03:59:47 PM
Hey there, guys.

First, I wanna say that by far this community is absolutely great and I really enjoy being here!
I'm pretty new to this AvP franchise(started in summer 2015) and by far it's one of the best things I've ever seen

Cheers.
Better late than never. Welcome aboard, recruit!

Corporal Hicks

You've got that damn right!  :P Welcome into the fold. How did you come by AvP and this wonderful community?

serbip1

serbip1

You've got that damn right!  :P Welcome into the fold. How did you come by AvP and this wonderful community?

EDIT:First,my brother introduced me to the Aliens vs Predator game from 2001,the game is still giving me the creeps to this day.

I watched the movies when I was younger and I decided to watch them again like 1 year ago.I liked the movies so much I had to discover more about this franchise.For a moment I thought the community died and no one cares about the AvP franchise (tried to check subreddits but they were pretty much inactive) and then I discovered this website which is keeping me busy like everyday and it's really a cool experience to enjoy.Love the community <3

Kaltes

Kaltes

Hey there, guys.

Cheers.

Welcome to the forum, great to have you here.

RasayaWong

Hello, I'm Rasaya.

I think I've seen this place before, years back, but was younger then and didn't really do more than look around. I've been a fan of the first two Alien films and the original Predator, since I was about five or six, when my dad let me see then with him at home in TV.

I've kept up with the franchise off and on since Resurrection, which I thought was kinda eh, but I watched Prometheus, and am currently playing through Alien Isolation. Late to that party but I got stuck and cornered by the creature in med bay. XD

Can't wait for news of the upcoming films, even though I did think Prometheus had its pros and cons. I listen to your guys' podcast at work all day, so I'm almost through the entire thing. Loved the Engineer script and original AVP one.

Happy to be here!

serbip1

serbip1

Quote from: RasayaWong on Sep 23, 2016, 08:42:33 PM
Hello, I'm Rasaya.

I think I've seen this place before, years back, but was younger then and didn't really do more than look around. I've been a fan of the first two Alien films and the original Predator, since I was about five or six, when my dad let me see then with him at home in TV.

I've kept up with the franchise off and on since Resurrection, which I thought was kinda eh, but I watched Prometheus, and am currently playing through Alien Isolation. Late to that party but I got stuck and cornered by the creature in med bay. XD

Can't wait for news of the upcoming films, even though I did think Prometheus had its pros and cons. I listen to your guys' podcast at work all day, so I'm almost through the entire thing. Loved the Engineer script and original AVP one.

Happy to be here!

Happy to have you :)

Kaltes

Kaltes

Hello, I'm Rasaya.

Happy to be here!

Welcome. :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: serbip1 on Sep 22, 2016, 03:13:42 PM
EDIT:First,my brother introduced me to the Aliens vs Predator game from 2001,the game is still giving me the creeps to this day.

I wonder how many of us those games helped push into the community. I was obsessed with AvP2 and it was probably what pushed me into the online community and to make my first website.

QuoteI watched the movies when I was younger and I decided to watch them again like 1 year ago.I liked the movies so much I had to discover more about this franchise.For a moment I thought the community died and no one cares about the AvP franchise (tried to check subreddits but they were pretty much inactive) and then I discovered this website which is keeping me busy like everyday and it's really a cool experience to enjoy.Love the community <3

The only subredit that seems to be even partially active is LV-426. https://www.reddit.com/r/LV426/

Better late than never!  :P I jest! Glad to have you aboard!

QuoteI've kept up with the franchise off and on since Resurrection, which I thought was kinda eh, but I watched Prometheus, and am currently playing through Alien Isolation. Late to that party but I got stuck and cornered by the creature in med bay. XD

Isolation is one of the best things to happen to the franchise for a long time! Absolute cracker of a game!

QuoteCan't wait for news of the upcoming films, even though I did think Prometheus had its pros and cons. I listen to your guys' podcast at work all day, so I'm almost through the entire thing. Loved the Engineer script and original AVP one.

You're not alone. I'm dying for next year when the advertising really kicks in. Glad you're enjoying the podcasts! Always puts a smile on my face when someone says they both listen and enjoy them!  :laugh: I really enjoyed doing the script episodes. I love reading the massively different approaches that could have been taken - even if I didn't actually like the script itself. Did you listen to the Predators one?

We recorded the next episode on Friday. Just need to edit it.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed