New Members >>> Introduce Yourself

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:01:10 AM

Author
New Members >>> Introduce Yourself (Read 1,329,148 times)

Paya

Paya

Quote from: Mormegil on Sep 05, 2014, 02:10:24 AM
Quote from: Paya on Sep 03, 2014, 09:29:09 PM
Hello, I'm new, obviously. Just registered a few hours ago. Yesterday, I saw the Aliens movie and got a (maybe not so original) idea for an Alien vs Predator fanfic. The problem is that I know almost nothing about xenomorphs or predators, so I've been reading around about both. I'll be mostly lurking around as well as asking questions.
Welcome! I'm new too, but in my experience, if you've just seen Aliens, watch Alien, Predator, and maybe... maybe, Predator 2. Then write your fic!

Then, afterwards, when you're drinking and celebrating, watch the rest of the Alien, Predator, and AvP films, and then come wallow in despair with the rest of us. :D :D
Well, I've seen all of them, yet it was Aliens the one that triggered the idea. Your suggestion seems to mean that I need no additional knowledge beyond that. Admittedly, I'll need to watch all of them again to refresh my memory. I agree the ones you mentioned are the best, but I don't dislike the rest of them. I find them acceptable, although not great.

Mormegil

Mormegil

Like it or not, you're right, they ARE part of the franchise.

It's truly up to you what you want to do with your fanfic, man. We'll read it and most likely love it either way. There are all types of fans, and a broad ass range in the fanbase lol.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Paya

Paya

Quote from: Mormegil on Sep 05, 2014, 10:25:11 AM
Like it or not, you're right, they ARE part of the franchise.

It's truly up to you what you want to do with your fanfic, man. We'll read it and most likely love it either way. There are all types of fans, and a broad ass range in the fanbase lol.

Good luck in whatever you decide.
Thanks. Maybe you'll hate it. I have never written anything in my life and English is not my native language. Yet I'm taking it the tough way. I'm reading about writing fiction and using Randy Ingermanson's Snowflake method to build a novel. You know, I have this hope of being able to write my own novels, and I though a fanfic is a good change to test my hand on it. I'll need quite a while to write it. Anyway, it's fun.

Adolphus Strigoi

Adolphus Strigoi

Hello I'm Adolphus Strigoi. I'm 24 and a long time Alien and Predator fan.

Randomizer

Welcome !  ;)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Adolphus Strigoi on Sep 10, 2014, 09:15:57 AM
Hello I'm Adolphus Strigoi. I'm 24 and a long time Alien and Predator fan.

Good day Adolphus and welcome :)

Paya

Paya

n'jauka (welcome) Adolphus.

indigenous7

Hi I'm 42 and Alien-Predator fan

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Welcome aboard indigenous7 :)

indigenous7

haha

Lovely Maggot

Hello everyone!

My name is Ivan and I'm 24 years old, I'm a huge bug lover and, as my profile already shows, an aspiring cultural entomologist  ;D

I've been a fan of the Alien movies since I can remember, actually Aliens is the first sci-fi movie I ever saw and fell in love with it. Ironically my favourite animals have always been parasitoid wasps (which inspired the Alien's life cycle) and I never really made the connection between those wasps and the Aliens untill I got a lot older  ::)

My other interests are games (I'm a hardcore Half-Life fan), art, music (rock, industrial, retro and classical), books (mainly sci-fi) and fictional monsters! In fact I own the Fictional Insects and Other Arthropods page on Facebook  ;)

Feel free to ask me anything as long as it's not too personal  :-X

Shasvre

Shasvre

Welcome to the forum, Ivan. We're glad to have you here. :)

I love your avatar and signature as well.

Lovely Maggot

Quote from: Shasvre on Sep 22, 2014, 08:23:13 PM
Welcome to the forum, Ivan. We're glad to have you here. :)

I love your avatar and signature as well.

Thnak you very much!  :D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Welcome to the Galaxy, Ivan. 8)

Lovely Maggot

Quote from: Omegazilla on Sep 22, 2014, 10:05:41 PM
Welcome to the Galaxy, Ivan. 8)

Why thank you Omegazilla  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed