New Members >>> Introduce Yourself

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:01:10 AM

Author
New Members >>> Introduce Yourself (Read 1,329,040 times)

Hunter0911

Hello  ;D
My real name is Tanguy, i'm French and 18 years old. I'm an old Duke Nukem and AVP fan :P
I went back to AVP 2 just a few days ago, and i thought i'd go where old fans could be ( i never really participated in AVP communities though ). I'm a bit sad that things aren't how they used to be :( the game ain't as popular as before, i played a bit on the savior server thingy and there's just a few people there :/ I wonder if there's anything else with more players ? Maybe this AJL mod ?
A little hello to Le Celticant, with who i used to speak on MSN ( tu ne te souviendra peut-être pas, c'est normal ça fait bien longtemps xD ) and I hope to see you guys in some MP games or something ( i plan on getting AVP classic 2000 on steam soon, as i played the normal version when i was a kid xD ) on AVP 2 or even 2010 ( not as good as 1 and 2 but not really that bad ^^' ).

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Toxin on Jan 11, 2014, 08:05:32 AM

No Peyton?
Peyton the person is hilarious, the player is ok. Forgot to write John Elway on the list tho  ;)

Toxin

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jan 11, 2014, 09:14:06 PM
Quote from: Toxin on Jan 11, 2014, 08:05:32 AM

No Peyton?
Peyton the person is hilarious, the player is ok. Forgot to write John Elway on the list tho  ;)

That's better ;)

tavianini19

tavianini19

Hi everybody! I'm tavianini19. I live in California and first love Alien and Predator. I used to be a member of the Hive Forum. I've just now decided to jump back into the AvP community after too long of a hiatus. Happy to be here!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Welcome recruit! Have a great time :)

SkinnerCreative

Hello! I'm Chris.

I'm a designer/illustrator based in the UK. I've recently done some Alien inspired artwork and plan to do more fan art so thought I would sign up and share.

Thanks.

The Dutch Ghost

Hello all,

I am The Dutch Ghost but I usually go around on the Internet under the moniker 'TDG'. (it's a long story where I got the user name from and involves Wing Commander)
I signed up for this forum a while but haven't taken the time yet to properly introduce myself.
Originally I was planning to write some long and detailed post about my Alien and Predator and write down my thoughts on Aliens Colonial Marines and Prometheus, but most what is on my mind about these has already been said and I do not want to bore people here with almost amounts to a life story.

When it comes to the Alien and Predator movies I am kind of an 'old school' fan, I prefer in general the first couple of movies such as Alien for the suspense, and Aliens for the frantic action. (In general I love Cameron's movie but I have come to dislike the xenomorph queen over the years, solidly in the egg morphing/DNA reflex camp).
Couldn't care much for Alien 3's story but I really liked the atmosphere for some reason.

(I really liked some of the behind-the-details stuff behind the movies that has been posted on this forum over the years such as original planned ideas and production notes)

I started my fandom with Predator and later saw Predator 2 and probably am one of the few people who actually did like that movie.
(I delayed watching the Alien movies for a long time as I was worried I couldn't watch them. Turned out I had 'manned' up enough in the meantime)

The AVP movies... I am sorry but I honestly don't think much of either movies and I really think FOX should have never tried to make what is basically glorified fan fiction.
I read the Aliens vs Predator comic years ago when Dark Hore re released it, I liked it then but when I read it again years later it had not aged well for me and I don't think its plot would have made a good movie either.

In other media the following are my favorites;

Games;

Alien 3 SNES (though back then I also enjoyed the Gameboy game for a while)
Alien Vs Predator Arcade (Capcom, there is no excuse for never porting this game to consoles or PC)
Aliens Vs Predator 2 PC (shame the expansion pack was such a disappointment)
Aliens Infestation NDS (I would not be surprised if this will turn out to be the best of all of SEGA's Alien games)

Comics;

I probably have some controversial choices here for my picks in probably most people's opinion. But understand, I did not start with the comics back when Dark Horse started to publish them (I don't think I was able to read English even then), so I have no connection to the comics that followed up on Aliens until Alien 3 was released.
When I read almost all of them years later at best the comics were acceptable to okay to my tastes to plain awful (Aliens vs Predator: Deadliest of Species grrrr!) and dreck (Aliens: Colonial Marines)

Aliens Apocalypse – The Destroying Angels. I really wish to know what Schult had further planned for this series (and yeah, the 'hippie' pilot was ridiculous. Even at the time when I read it which was way before Prometheus was revealed I already knew that the fossilized pilot in the derelict was wearing a spacesuit of some kind and that we never actually saw the real creature underneath it)

Predator – Hell and Hot Water. Sure the art is questionable sometimes because of lack of ink lines but I liked the storyline and the setting, the Predator actually hunting something else and the human protagonists simply getting in the way.

Well that is it for now

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Well that was quite the intro! Welcome :)

The Dutch Ghost

Thanks, guess I still ended up with a life story huh?

YeBittenDog

Hello everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been a fan of the alien and predator films and games since I was a kid. Awesome to be part of the community. I look forward to making friends.

Master Chief

Welcome aboard to the new recruits! Even the creepy lurkers.  ;)

StanSwitek

Greetings all, I'm brand new. I've loved Aliens/Predator all my life and enjoy almost all of the movies (although AVP: R really tries my patience), even Prometheus which I loved... I hear there are some people here who did not like it so MUCH! I'm very excited for Alien: Out of the Shadows the new book, I've read lots of the comics and books.

MrSpaceJockey

Great avatar! Welcome to the boards.  :)

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: LuciferAlpha on Jan 25, 2014, 07:56:31 PM
Greetings all, I'm brand new. I've loved Aliens/Predator all my life and enjoy almost all of the movies (although AVP: R really tries my patience), even Prometheus which I loved... I hear there are some people here who did not like it so MUCH! I'm very excited for Alien: Out of the Shadows the new book, I've read lots of the comics and books.
Welcome...

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jan 26, 2014, 04:17:23 AM
Quote from: LuciferAlpha on Jan 25, 2014, 07:56:31 PM
Welcome...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acUTeWFVOGo#

Enjoy your stay.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed