New Members >>> Introduce Yourself

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:01:10 AM

Author
New Members >>> Introduce Yourself (Read 1,311,311 times)

BR1XER

BR1XER

Hello y'all! Immerse yourself in Alien resin, or just hang out. However way you prefer. :laugh:

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

A big welcome goes out to strangebeast & (5/10)Wicked!!! Welcome to you both.

(5/10)Wicked is a unique name. Is there a story behind that one?

DEADLY_VENGEANCE

I'm Deadly_Vengeance (you can just call me "Dead"). I've come across this site quite a bit and I finally decided to make an account.
Anyways, I watched Jurassic Park pretty much everyday and drew dinosaurs all day when I was little, so I've always loved the horror/sci-fi genre. It eventually sprouted out to films like Jaws and Alien.
I joined because I'm currently a senior in high school and nobody talks to me (most people are scared to talk to me or I don't have enough "swag" for them) so I turned to the internet for some form of social life hah. Even though it screws my eyes up so I'm on only a couple hours a day.
I aspire to be a practical effects artist.

Amaterasu

Welcome to the boards, Dead!

Arcangel

Arcangel

Your story is so similar to mine, Dead! (At least the whole shunned senior gig) I think you and me are gonna get along just fine. Ah yes, and WELCOME TO THE SITE!!! 8)

BR1XER

BR1XER

Wait, WHAT?

I also loved Jurassic Park and Jaws as a kid. I can't keep track of how many dinos and sharks I drew.  :P

Of course, that somewhat contributed to my interests in xenomorphs. However, preds are fine too. So welcome to the site Dead!

(if my avatar isn't enough of an indicator, I'm also a brony)

SIMULANT

SIMULANT

Hey everyone,

My Names Simulant but back in the day when playing Alien VS Predator 2 online I went by the name of Unknown (I know Highly original) :) Been a massive Alien/Predator fan since I was Nine years old when my dad first showed me Alien (1979) been hooked ever since. Played pretty much every Alien and Predator game released and hope to play all future ones.

My favorite Alien film has to be Alien 3 ( which I know a lot of people aren't fond of) I like it because after aliens which was a good film but had too much of a Hollywood ending; Alien 3 was able to bring back the despair and hopelessness that was established in Alien. Yes some of the alien rod puppet effects look a bit naff but all in all the characters, plot and production make it my favorite.

Where as my favorite predator film is Predator 2 but only just as the original is awesome and the less said about Predators the better. The reason is you get more of a feel for the species, more information about why they Hunt and their interest in Humans especially. Also the ending where the whole clan of predators appear is awesome, just cool to see so many varied predators.

Anyways I'm sure I've bored you all enough now but I am really looking forward to interacting and discussing some Fan Alien/predator Topics.

SIMULANT out

DEADLY_VENGEANCE

Thanks, Amaterasu.
Yeah, people tell me they're scared of me because my clothing choice includes abnormal amounts of black, chains, and spikes, but it's what makes me happy and if you're not doing what truly makes YOU happy, what's the point in living? Females like it, though. But thanks, Arcangel; I look forward to exploring the forums some more :)
I STILL love those movies, jedi. I saw Jurassic Park 3D like 5 times hah. I hear a lot of little kids didn't want to go see it because it's for "old people". f**king societal norms preventing kids to experience good film. I, personally, love me some good 'ol 50's flicks every now 'n then. I'm not a brony myself, but one of my friends is. I'm fine with it as long as you don't constantly talk about it and/or sing the theme song every 10minutes.

BR1XER

BR1XER

Don't worry, I'm not THAT kind of brony Dead.  ;) Namely because there really isn't a pony thread here to my knowledge. I still respect those movies, but for now, I'm kinda on other things.  :P

Oh, and welcome Stimulant! Glad to know you were an alien/predator fan long before me.

Amaterasu

Welcome to the boards, Simulant!  :)

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: SIMULANT on Jul 28, 2013, 02:34:21 PM

My favorite Alien film has to be Alien 3
( which I know a lot of people aren't fond of) I like it because after aliens which was a good film but had too much of a Hollywood ending; Alien 3 was able to bring back the despair and hopelessness that was established in Alien. Yes some of the alien rod puppet effects look a bit naff but all in all the characters, plot and production make it my favorite.

SIMULANT out
I have a feeling we will get along just fine! Welcome to the AVPGalaxy!

SIMULANT

SIMULANT

Thanks for the welcome guys, I hope I can become a productive member of this forum. Been looking to getting back into forum posting for a long time so looking forward to chatting, discussing and interacting.

Amaterasu

Quote from: SIMULANT on Jul 29, 2013, 03:36:47 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys, I hope I can become a productive member of this forum. Been looking to getting back into forum posting for a long time so looking forward to chatting, discussing and interacting.

And not end up like those members who log in once and are never seen again?  :laugh:

SIMULANT

SIMULANT

Hopefully I won't end up like those one time posters / log ins.

I'm here to stay and post away  ;D

I'll try not to disappoint

Amaterasu

.... ....

You're okay. :3

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed