New Members >>> Introduce Yourself

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:01:10 AM

Author
New Members >>> Introduce Yourself (Read 1,329,517 times)

S4MSUNG

S4MSUNG

Hey, I've been reading the forums for a good couple months now and it's good to see a whole crapload of hardcore Alien and Predator fans here

Name's Denis and from Canada...(yes it's true)

CanadianHero67

Quote from: S4MSUNG on Nov 02, 2007, 12:12:28 AM
Hey, I've been reading the forums for a good couple months now and it's good to see a whole crapload of hardcore Alien and Predator fans here

Finally another fellow Canadian. Welcome :)

S4MSUNG

S4MSUNG

Quote from: CloakedKiller on Nov 02, 2007, 12:27:41 AM
Quote from: S4MSUNG on Nov 02, 2007, 12:12:28 AM

Finally another fellow Canadian. Welcome :)

haha thanks for the welcome, i dont feel so isolated anymore haha

OneThousandEyes

OneThousandEyes

Hey Hey Hey, AvP Galaxy!  :)

My name is OneThousandEyes, i'm a 22 year old guy from Sweden, Europe. I have been lurking here for about 3 months, finding your forums a quite pleasant place to speculate/criticize/ridicule/love the Alien universe ( and the Predator, of course ). Now it's time to hit the boards and spew my opinions, which are:

1. Aliens were portrayed the best in "Alien". No other creature comes close to it, not even Camerons's and Fincher's. Wait...was there a fourth film made? Cant' seem to remember..  ;)

2. Without HR Gigers twisted, stylish and wholly unique designs, the Alien would never have made the impact it does even today. Each time someone else tries to "improve" upon it, it gets more and more familiar, monsterish and boring while also less and less...well..Alien.

3. Predator, from 1987, is a very good creature and design concept. I love it because of its sheer brutality and "300"-esque masculinity, from the way it sounds and walks all the way to its fatalistic Hara-Kiri-style attitude to defeat. A role model for not being a wuss ( What Would The Predator Do? ).

4. AvP:R, I have realized, is not to be considered as any other thing than a mind-numbing gorefest. When expectations are lowered, it can be enjoyed for what it is...  ;D

5. It takes a long time to write each and every one of my posts, due to english not being my native language. I strive to completely eliminate spelling errors in my texts, whatever it takes. Luckily, in sweden all the TV shows are subtitled instead of dubbed ( dubbing is what the rest of Europe does though ), so everybody gets a free english class when the TV is on. Hopefully, my writing will be comprehensible and thoroughly satisfactory.

6. Ratings:

Alien 11/10

Aliens 10/10

Alien 3 8.5/10

Yeah, a very well rounded TRILOGY it is... haha! They better not make a fourth film... what would they call it? Alien: Rising or Alien: Revelation? And maybe Ripley as an android or clone...
;)

Predator 9/10

Predator 2 9/10

AvP 4/10

So, why don't someone tell me more about this place! An introduction to the forums, so to speak.

Greetings from the snowy forests of Scandinavia!

//OTE

The New Blood

Whats up fellas? I've been lurking for the past few weeks and have finally decided to start posting. I'm 21 and have been an Alien and Predator fan since I was about 7 years old. Bring on AVP: R!

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: The New Blood on Nov 04, 2007, 02:49:43 AM
Whats up fellas? I've been lurking for the past few weeks and have finally decided to start posting. I'm 21 and have been an Alien and Predator fan since I was about 7 years old. Bring on AVP: R!

Wecolme to the site  :)!

Quote from: predalien12 on Nov 01, 2007, 06:13:33 PM
i am predailen12 i am 12 and i love alien vs predator iit is the best thing i have watched for years i can not wait until alien vs predator 2 comes out is going to be great ;D

You have to be 14 or older to join, your going to be banned soon.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: OneThousandEyes on Nov 03, 2007, 07:35:20 PM
5. It takes a long time to write each and every one of my posts, due to english not being my native language. I strive to completely eliminate spelling errors in my texts, whatever it takes. Luckily, in sweden all the TV shows are subtitled instead of dubbed ( dubbing is what the rest of Europe does though ), so everybody gets a free english class when the TV is on. Hopefully, my writing will be comprehensible and thoroughly satisfactory.

Wow. You're a lot better spoken than most of the retards on here.

OneThousandEyes

OneThousandEyes

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 04, 2007, 10:38:41 PM

My interest in the Alien saga is matched only by my perfectionism. A pedantic... unclouded by noobishness, fanboyism and delusions of significance.

I like this forum  :)
But I can't keep from wondering what questions have been mauled to death here, in regards to the Alien mythos. I'd hate to be redundant.

ShadowPred

Quote from: OneThousandEyes on Nov 04, 2007, 10:48:09 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 04, 2007, 10:38:41 PM

My interest in the Alien saga is matched only by my perfectionism. A pedantic... unclouded by noobishness, fanboyism and delusions of significance.

I like this forum  :)
But I can't keep from wondering what questions have been mauled to death here, in regards to the Alien mythos. I'd hate to be redundant.

The topics that have been discussed are literally eveything that you are thinking.

p!tu

p!tu

WA WA WE WA!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey guys just learned of this site! Since im a BIG!! Predator Fan! i said! what the hell! Lets check it out! I have almost all the Hot Toys Preds! only missing the Scar! :'(
Anyways! good to be here! and i hope to have loads of fun! :rock

EEV2650

EEV2650

welcome to the show, p!tu.

XpArAdOx

Hi im Isaac and im 18 fan of avp awsome site

ShadowPred

Welcome to the site.

WolfScythe

Hi, I'm new here. I'am 21 years old and I live in Chile.
I love Aliens versus Predator, I'am a huge fan of the Game AvP2, from the first comic and the movies.
Sorry for my grammar, it sucks. Greetings!!

-Lycaos "Wolf" Scythe.

DJDojo

DJDojo

Hey hey hey everyone!

You can call me "DJ" or "Dojo" or something in between, that's fine...I'm a huge electronica/dance phreak (Daft Punk....ahhhh  :D) and creative writing is an extended hobby of mine.

I hope to see ya'all around the forums!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed