New Members >>> Introduce Yourself

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:01:10 AM

Author
New Members >>> Introduce Yourself (Read 1,328,820 times)

TheMonolith

It's a madhouse!
A MAAAADDHOUSSSSE!

War The First Horseman

Hi my names John I'm 20 and i live in Iowa. If you havn't guessed by now i really like the game Darksiders and the sequel this summer is going to be Awesome!

PlaidSlurpee

Hey there! GreyCloudWolf here! Nice to see that theres alot of Alien/Predator fans out there. I'm a big fan of Aliens and I will have to re-watch the Alien movies again as I barely rememeber a thing ^^'' I'v also decided to collect Alien merch once I get the money, though getting the statues will need some work..

Anyway, I'm a great fan of Anime, Manga, Cosplay and what not. I love all music but my favourite would have to be either Rock or NintendoCore/Chiptune (especially Boys Like Girls and SabrePulse!). I'm an animal lover too, but anyway, it's nice to meet you all!

Nero the Jackal

Welcome newbies, enjoy your stay at the mad-house.  :P  :laugh:

Virgil

Virgil

Hello everyone!

Danny here. Long time stalker (since back in the days when I believe this site was running coverage on the lead up to AVP) and I thought I'd finally create an account in time for Prometheus  :)

azeemurill

Greetings all!

I've been an Aliens fan apparently since I was 3 years old. This first part is all what my parents tell me, since I was a little too young to remember. I was at a museum at the time that had a movie special effects exhibit, and in that exhibit they had a full sized Alien statue and a screen beside constantly looping the Powerloader Queen battle. My parents tell me they couldn't pry me away.

I so wanted to see the movie, but my parents being the good parents they were didn't want their 3 year old son watching Aliens, so every visit to the video rental store, they lied about the movie being taken out at the time. Finally one day I had apparently ran off into the store, plucked Aliens off the shelf, and showed them it was in. So of course they had to rent it for me, but they thoroughly explained that this was just a movie, nothing was real, and if I ever got scared they would have to turn it off. I'm told I was glued to the TV set and didn't wince away at all.

From there to about 5, I collected the Aliens Kenner toys, as many as I could get. I have memories of going to a long defunct toy store and ordering stuff from their catalogue that wasn't available in stores (oh Canada...). I remember getting together with friends, pooling all our Scorpion Aliens together to try and reenact the movie in toy form best we could, and then the Kenner comics as well. I was so disappointed seeing commercials for the Snake, Mantis and Boar Alien and being unable to get them in stores where I was.

Years passed, then at 9 years old, I was in a gas station and saw what I remember as Alien Alchemy on the comic stand. I picked it up, flipped through it, and remembered how much I missed Aliens. I was hooked once more. After soccer games on Saturdays my dad would take me to the local comic store, and allow me to pick out one comic. Instead of my usual Spiderman pick, I went and looked at the Aliens selection. Genocide #4 was my first Aliens comic ever. Weeks passed, and eventually I picked up AVP #1, and my initial opinions of thinking the idea sounded so stupid quickly disappeared and my love of the Predator franchise grew as well. So for the next few years I would pick up a random Aliens/Predator/AVP comic every Saturday. Being a kid, I never really completed sets, and of course just judged which ones to buy by the coolest (which usually meant most violent) covers. Also, in those few years, on trips to the US, I would pick up many of the Kenner figures not available in Canada.

My love of the AVP universe died off again, until I was about 14. I was in a grocery store which had a used book pile, $2 a book. I was sorting through them and came across Aliens vs. Predator: Prey. Thinking it had been a while since I had read anything AVP related, I picked it up. I instantly remembered the story from the comic, and my fond memories of it, and was hooked once more. I went all over to local bookstores big, small or used, trying to buy all the novels I could find. I had the stores order all those I couldn't find in stock, but being absolutely unable to find Aliens Rogue or Labyrinth. Desperate to find more Aliens reading material I made my first amazon purchase of those two books. That introduced me to online shopping.

Having finished off all the novels and eager to find more reading material, and now with a whole world of possible purchases now at my finger tips I went crazy, mainly ebay crazy. I bought all the comics/graphic novels I could, and finished off the collecting I had done much earlier in life. But not just comics, I bought Kenner/Hasbro/McFarlane/Hot Toys figures, shirts, cards, a chess set, costumes, video games, miniatures and all sorts of other Aliens/Predator/AVP stuff. This went on for about 5 years, resulting in two cupboards and a closet stuff with merchandise. After that, my interest was still there, but not nearly as strong, and I was no longer crazy with purchasing stuff. AVPR and Predators passed without me making a single purchase of merchandise from either of those movies (still regretting that).

Nowadays I still pick up a few things here and there, a lot of t-shirts mostly, and still wear some Alien themed costume every Halloween. So that's my history with Alien, and as you can see it has been a fairly steady thing in my life, a long time love who I've always come back to. I'm always in shock every time I hear someone hasn't seen Alien, and liked a crazed zealot, I do all I can to push the movies on them. I truly hope Prometheus brings out the same love for my beloved movie series in this generation of children.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I think that's the single best intro I've ever read on this site. Here's a big welcome to you azeemurill! Let me be the first to welcome you :)

And welcome Virgil_uk, didn't forget about you ;)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Welcome to the Galaxy you all!!

Quote from: TheMonolith on Feb 20, 2012, 01:58:19 PM
It's a madhouse!
A MAAAADDHOUSSSSE!
Come here and hug me, brotha.

Methuselah

Hi All, noob member Methuselah here.

Been looking at this excellent site for a while, the build up to Prometheus is getting me rather excited - hopefully one of those films that gets you thinking afterwards instead of before!

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Pred-man201 on Feb 13, 2012, 06:50:28 AM
Hi

im Dylan, i like ps3,sports, and collecting anything related to alien, and predator.

Dude, you, me, same name, even spell it the same. *Bro-Fist*. Lol

Pred-man201

Quote from: Prime113 on Feb 22, 2012, 03:08:56 AM
Hi

im Dylan, i like ps3,sports, and collecting anything related to alien, and predator.

cool nice to meet you  :)

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Pred-man201 on Feb 23, 2012, 10:13:36 AM
Quote from: Prime113 on Feb 22, 2012, 03:08:56 AM
Hi

cool nice to meet you  :)

Nice to meet you too, bro.

Master Chief

Welcome aboard, recruits!  Play nice.  8)

model maker

Hi all yep a kiwi from New Zealand and no I am not a hobbit as I am 6 foot 2 inches tall
as my name states I am a model maker and yes I am building the sulaco by jan and boy is it great to build if any want to have a model made I will build it but I do not know how I will get it to you at this point may be by box post then you could put the last of the model together as the final stage of the build
yep I am ex army but a real pussy cat and will only fight if I have to to save lives not take them

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

model maker, eh? And here I was thinking you worked with hot chicks ;)

Welcome to the site!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed