New Members >>> Introduce Yourself

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:01:10 AM

Author
New Members >>> Introduce Yourself (Read 1,329,673 times)

Mr. Weyland

Quote from: fluxcap on Mar 10, 2007, 05:54:27 AM
I think one of the special effects shots of the Predator when camouflaged is Van Damme.
Which one, the one were he does that sideway grap from one tree to another just after the big log hits Poncho  ???

fluxcap

fluxcap

I just know its one of the shots when you see him cloaked and hes in a tree (Sorry I can't be more specific, I haven't watched it in awhile), it could be the one you mentioned? I'm really not sure.

Instead of listening to the commentary on the dvd again I hit up imdb.com and found this:
"According to an interview with director John McTiernan, the "hole in the jungle" appearance of the Predator was played by Jean-Claude Van Damme in a "blue screen" (actually red) suit. Van Damme quit after two days, unhappy with being cast as an uncredited special effect. The alien was scrapped, redesigned and was eventually played by 7'2" Kevin Peter Hall."

After they re-designed it, I'm pretty sure they used one of Van Damme's takes camouflaged to save some cash.

Mr. Weyland

funny I heard they got rid of Van Damme because they found Kevin Peter Hall, they said its better to have the predator big and not 5 feet 8 inch, because it wouldnt have looked like a real threat to arnie if he was small.

BrokenTusk

wow it seems there are fans from all around the world. Welcome Telkar, Andrew2421, and fluxcap.

can anyone tell me how Van Damme landed a job in acting ? everything I seen him in has been dismal to mediocrity.

fluxcap

fluxcap

I'm sure it was the sporadic roundhouse kicking over actor's & crew's heads led to him being sacked.

Mr. Weyland

I heard he got the job for predator because they wanted the predator to use martial arts, but then they though it was a bit silly  :P

mathewjohn365

Hi I'm Matt,25, from Ottawa Ontario Canada, when I was a kid and people would ask me what did I like better star wars or star trek I told them Alien and Predator.

dagoba6

dagoba6

Just wanted to say hello to everyone.  Just signed on today and am new to the Forum.

Darkness

Welcome to the site. Enjoy your stay.  :P

Dekapitator

Welcome all new members!

Quote from: mathewjohn365 on Mar 14, 2007, 03:43:49 PM
[...]when I was a kid and people would ask me what did I like better star wars or star trek I told them Alien and Predator.

Haha nice one Matt! ;)

BrokenTusk

what did I like better star wars or star trek I told them Alien and Predator.

that would be a tough decision for me, I don't like Trek but if it came to SW to A and P...... anyway welcome to avpgalaxy, Matt.

BrokenTusk

hiyo dagoba6

scarface

I love guitar, predator.

z3r0

z3r0

z3r0 here,
26 y/o, big alien & predator fan

z3r0

z3r0

how you doin dagoba6?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed