What made you unhappy today? Part 1

Started by Purebreedalien, Jun 26, 2008, 08:54:58 PM

Author
What made you unhappy today? Part 1 (Read 1,835,075 times)

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

My younger brother is ill. Just suddenly happened, and he had a headache so bad it made him cry. :-\

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: First Blood on Dec 16, 2010, 09:17:20 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 16, 2010, 09:14:13 PM
Stargate Universe isn't getting a third season.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY-WCl6mkRg#

They'll probably finish it up in direct-to-dvd like Ark of Truth was for Season 10 of SG-1  :(
At least you'll have Battlestar Galactica. Heh, "at least".

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Furnace went out last night..temp in teens. I kept warm with an electric heater,oven on & covered pot on the stove.

House stayed at 59 degrees

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Dec 16, 2010, 09:20:02 PM
At least you'll have Battlestar Galactica. Heh, "at least".

Yes I am highly looking forward to that. Its a show I wish I could have paid more attention to when it first aired. Here's a second chance to watch (for the first time) this highly acclaimed show.  :)

Universe was different and I liked it. If the viewers would have just given it a chance and accepted its new format, it could have lived on. And whats unfortunate is that the second season was very good so far. They raised the danger, the action, the effects, the drama. More than enough to please a Stargate fan.  :(

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

So do you think it's the Stargate purists that aren't giving it a chance, or the public in general? Because if you mean the purists, Battlestar had the same problem, but gained enough of the public (since I suppose the "human" approach appealed to them) to keep it running. That and the high critical acclaim (which SG-U seems to have though as well) and good publicity (too bad those voters for the Golden Globes and Emmys had their heads up their collective asses). BSG ended on it's own terms, thankfully, and hopefully SG-U is able to provide a satisfying ending.

There'll probably be some fan uprising like what happened with The Sarah Connor Chronicles, too.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

They'll probably finish it up in direct-to-dvd like Ark of Truth was for Season 10 of SG-1 or the remaining 10 episodes.  :(

If we're lucky. But before that happens then the the DVD climate has to improve. That's all that has been holding the SG1/SGA movies up.

I think a lot of it is down to the fans. I hate browsing GateWorld. There's just way too much negativity. Pisses me right off.

First Blood

First Blood

It seems more of the purists who were looking for that "save the world" style of storytelling each week. I liked SG-1/Atlantis for those types of stories but Universe was such a refreshing experience. I really liked that direction it took, you got to know the characters much better.

Brad Wright one of the show's creators mentions why the ratings started to decline.

"I don't think if we for any reason go away, it is an issue necessarily of the quality of the product that we've been making. I think getting moved on the schedule has hurt us. And the fact that some of the fans that liked SG-1 and Atlantis were so angry that they have deliberately hurt us, which is unfortunate".

Nope

Nope

Having a D in english  :'(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: First Blood on Dec 16, 2010, 09:40:09 PM
Brad Wright one of the show's creators mentions why the ratings started to decline.

"I don't think if we for any reason go away, it is an issue necessarily of the quality of the product that we've been making. I think getting moved on the schedule has hurt us. And the fact that some of the fans that liked SG-1 and Atlantis were so angry that they have deliberately hurt us, which is unfortunate".

I can completely understand that. But those fans will never concede to that. I just hope MGM find it another home on a different network.

EEV2650

EEV2650

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Dec 16, 2010, 09:27:49 PM

Furnace went out last night..temp in teens. I kept warm with an electric heater,oven on & covered pot on the stove.

House stayed at 59 degrees

Thats how I mostly kept warm in IL.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 16, 2010, 09:38:55 PM
They'll probably finish it up in direct-to-dvd like Ark of Truth was for Season 10 of SG-1 or the remaining 10 episodes.  :(

If we're lucky. But before that happens then the the DVD climate has to improve. That's all that has been holding the SG1/SGA movies up.

I think a lot of it is down to the fans. I hate browsing GateWorld. There's just way too much negativity. Pisses me right off.

yeah i hate it there too, that's part of why i left,

i'm really sad that SGU has been cancelled too :( i haven't been watching it religiously, but i was planning on catching up when the season finished, but now there's nothing to look forward to after.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Little brother is acting imature.

My mom told him if her work calls tell them they have the wrong number, guess what he does "she's not here can i take  message."

Now my mom has to work a 16 hour shift, get paid no overtime, yes this place is total crap but its the only work she can find now and now i can't finish my x-mas shopping for everyone. So i tell him mom is mad at him, which she is, she won't even talk to him right now and comes up to me and goes "you need to take care of your problems stephan."

I said this back. "i'm sorry nico but unlike you i take care of my problems i don't create them for other people, grow up and learn some repsonisbilty." boy that pissed him off, now his not talking to me because i hit too close to home on him.

Little brat trying to pin his mistake on me when i was with my mom shopping and he was home not paying attention.

He never could admit his own mistakes or problems. bah.

Vulhala

Vulhala

I know that feeling. The shit I've had to go through because of my younger brother, you would not believe. He's 24 now, and it just gets worse everyday.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: The Ghoul on Dec 18, 2010, 02:31:12 AM
Little brother is acting imature.

My mom told him if her work calls tell them they have the wrong number, guess what he does "she's not here can i take  message."

Now my mom has to work a 16 hour shift, get paid no overtime, yes this place is total crap but its the only work she can find now and now i can't finish my x-mas shopping for everyone. So i tell him mom is mad at him, which she is, she won't even talk to him right now and comes up to me and goes "you need to take care of your problems stephan."

I said this back. "i'm sorry nico but unlike you i take care of my problems i don't create them for other people, grow up and learn some repsonisbilty." boy that pissed him off, now his not talking to me because i hit too close to home on him.

Little brat trying to pin his mistake on me when i was with my mom shopping and he was home not paying attention.

He never could admit his own mistakes or problems. bah.
Little brothers can be horrible depending on the type, and it seems like we have the same kind. Actually my older brother can be an immature bastard too, and my younger brother needs to f**king straighten out and grow up. I just don't think any of them would purposely make things worse for my either of my parents in such a way that yours ignorantly did. But really, I know what it's like, man.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

My dogs a F*cking shredder... and ruined another of my belongings
My mother stands up more for that dog then me...
and a few others things I'm just so pissed...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed