What made you unhappy today? Part 1

Started by Purebreedalien, Jun 26, 2008, 08:54:58 PM

Author
What made you unhappy today? Part 1 (Read 1,834,774 times)

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Sep 06, 2012, 07:23:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHJNBZ2rrMM#ws

The kind of sequel that make Prometheus and the Star Wars prequels seem like universally praised, war ending, religion uniting, diamond incrusted golden unicorns of pure joy.

"It's the most beloved Christmas story of all time...

... and we're going to shit all over it!"

Bob Clark is spinning in his grave right now.

Cvalda

Cvalda

My head is on the axe post at my job because everyone else on my team (to even call it a team is a joke--it is me doing all the work while my superiors--one of whom is the President of the company's son--do f**k all) is incompetent, and though I am by far the least paid and the lowest on the totem pole, I am expected to answer for their incompetence.

I have supplied this company with brand new website content for almost 400 individual products, made sure it was FDA and FTC compliant (you should have seen it before I came on!), solidly written and ready to go, in four months--ONE PERSON--getting paid $15 measly f**king dollars an hour, on a project that most companies devote an entire office team to. And I get no credit, no praise, not even a pithy "good job."

I'd make an ill-considered joke about stuffing my head in an oven, but my oven at home doesn't even work.

FML.

First Blood

First Blood

Goddamn, I am sorry to hear that. I truly am. I know what it feels like to be working on a project and have dead weight along for the ride, (I did enough group projects in college) – so I can sympathize.

They're seriously going to consider firing you if this project fails? :-[

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 06, 2012, 09:38:54 PM
My head is on the axe post at my job because everyone else on my team (to even call it a team is a joke--it is me doing all the work while my superiors--one of whom is the President of the company's son--do f**k all) is incompetent, and though I am by far the least paid and the lowest on the totem pole, I am expected to answer for their incompetence.

I have supplied this company with brand new website content for almost 400 individual products, made sure it was FDA and FTC compliant (you should have seen it before I came on!), solidly written and ready to go, in four months--ONE PERSON--getting paid $15 measly f**king dollars an hour, on a project that most companies devote an entire office team to. And I get no credit, no praise, not even a pithy "good job."

I'd make an ill-considered joke about stuffing my head in an oven, but my oven at home doesn't even work.

FML.

Really sorry to hear that. :( Unfortunately you're one of those employees who has an employer that expects impossible tasks or has no problem burdening you with all these responsibilities and ridiculous deadlines.

At the end of the day, labour laws are usually very protective of employees and if needs be, you can take this up with someone and fight for your rights.  Especially since you're not doing anything that warrants any extreme action from your employer.

Cvalda

Cvalda

I have no rights, because I am still considered a "temp", even though I've worked here since f**king April, with another department planning to keep me for the forseeable future due to my wide skill set.

The problem here is the President of the company's son--it's his word against mine. Guess who would come out the victor in any workplace dispute?

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

It's just as terrible, if not worse than the other sequel My Summer Story:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110168/

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

FML.

That's more messed up than KirklandSignature's small business model.

But I hear ya. Same bullshit goes on in my workplace too.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

They have to shit on someone, Cvalda.  I've had jobs where I felt just like that, like the better job I do, the more at-risk I am of being fired.

Most businesses are like that.  It's rare these days that doing a good job will have any relevance on your ability to keep said job, nonetheless advance.  It's all kind of a backwards, shitty mess, imo, and creates this insane environment of constant self-doubt and endless sacrifices for a company you aren't even sure will keep you on the payroll.  I used to do it a lot when I was young, then you figure out that people will take your best efforts with them as they shit on you and kick you to the curb.  Kind of cannibalistic or predatory behavior.  Sad and abusive, but what choice do people have?

Bend over and take it, or don't have a job unless daddy owns the company.  Doesn't forced nepotism lead to a sort of family-profession medieval type deal?

f**k all that noise.  Sorry to hear it.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Sigh. Thanks for the solidarity, fellas.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Somehow my Skype account has been disabled   :-[

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Must be their stalker radar.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

So sorry for all the shit you are gong through Cvalda. Let's hope a bit of sunlight will soon be seen.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Spoiler

FML.
[close]
f**k me that's brutal.

I hope someday you get a job where your potential can go realized and you can work with people who actually know what the f**k they're doing.

Aspie

Aspie

FML.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

FML.

Only in America.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed