What made you unhappy today? Part 1

Started by Purebreedalien, Jun 26, 2008, 08:54:58 PM

Author
What made you unhappy today? Part 1 (Read 1,835,769 times)

Deuterium

Deuterium

I woke up, rubbed my eyes, and realized that today was the US premiere date for PROMETHEUS.

Closed my eyes, went back to sleep, and tried to dream about puppies and bunnies playing in a green meadow, with butterflies flittering against a clear blue sky.

If I don't see PROMETHEUS, can I pretend it never happened?  Unfortunately, this tactic didn't work for Jar Jar Abrams "Star Trek".  Despite the fact that I never saw it in the theatre, and my continuous efforts to wish it out of existence, I recently stumbled upon it while channel surfing.  This experiment was a decided failure.  My retinas are still trying to heal from the exposure to the intense lens flares.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Look on the bright side: no lens flares in Prometheus! :)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Lens flare > Space Imhotep.

Vickers

Vickers

You know those movies you buy on Blu-Ray or DVD that even though you didn't like the story itself and the way it played out, you still think it looks incredible and one/some of your favourite actors and/or actresses is in it?  That's Prometheus for me.

I'm going to be suckered into watching it on the big screen.  And I will spend money once again when it gets released on disc.  I'll probably end up buying the art of Prometheus book too.  And then I'm going to be annoyed with myself because of my love/hate relationship with this movie.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Vickers on Jun 07, 2012, 05:37:08 PM
You know those movies you buy on Blu-Ray or DVD that even though you didn't like the story itself and the way it played out, you still think it looks incredible and one/some of your favourite actors and/or actresses is in it?  That's Prometheus for me.

I'm going to be suckered into watching it on the big screen.  And I will spend money once again when it gets released on disc.  I'll probably end up buying the art of Prometheus book too.  And then I'm going to be annoyed with myself because of my love/hate relationship with this movie.
So Aeon Flux Redux for both of us, then :D

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 07, 2012, 05:38:03 PM
Quote from: Vickers on Jun 07, 2012, 05:37:08 PM

So Aeon Flux Redux for both of us, then :D

:laugh:

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Deuterium on Jun 07, 2012, 05:33:06 PM
I woke up, rubbed my eyes, and realized that today was the US premiere date for PROMETHEUS.

Closed my eyes, went back to sleep, and tried to dream about puppies and bunnies playing in a green meadow, with butterflies flittering against a clear blue sky.

If I don't see PROMETHEUS, can I pretend it never happened?  Unfortunately, this tactic didn't work for Jar Jar Abrams "Star Trek".  Despite the fact that I never saw it in the theatre, and my continuous efforts to wish it out of existence, I recently stumbled upon it while channel surfing.  This experiment was a decided failure.  My retinas are still trying to heal from the exposure to the intense lens flares.
Man, sorry, new Star Trek is one of the best films of all time, of all time. :laugh:

I've actually had some incredible Prometheus dreams that, sadly, are much better than what the actual film sounds like.  The creepiness invoked by those trailers, and the lingering, powerful memories of Alien.  Mmmm.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

WTF you punks, the new Star Trek was pure awesome and one of the best blockbusters in the past few years. And I've always been "meh" about Trek.

Vakarian

Vakarian

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Jun 07, 2012, 05:51:14 PM
WTF you punks, the new Star Trek was pure awesome and one of the best blockbusters in the past few years. And I've always been "meh" about Trek.

I was never interested in star trek or star wars.

But the new star trek film was pretty damn good.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jun 07, 2012, 05:46:42 PM
Quote from: Deuterium on Jun 07, 2012, 05:33:06 PM

Man, sorry, new Star Trek is one of the best films of all time, of all time. :laugh:

I've actually had some incredible Prometheus dreams that, sadly, are much better than what the actual film sounds like.  The creepiness invoked by those trailers, and the lingering, powerful memories of Alien.  Mmmm.

I actually had a Prometheus nightmare the other night.  No, I didn't watch the film in my dream. :laugh:

I can't remember a whole lot of it.  There's only a few dreams that actually stick with me for a long time.  But I remember it was extremely intense and it was a bunch of random people on the crew (none of the cast members).  I was one of the last few survivors and I remember that there was one other person in the room with me.  I saw a space jockey walking slowly towards the seat - it was a strange kind of motion.  And this space jockey wasn't an engineer in a suit - it was an extremely creepy and mysterious creature which I only caught small glimpses of - but those small glimpses were terrifying.  And it was not like the laughable Dark Horse comic designs either.  Anyway, I can't remember much that happened after that except that I think the two of us that were hiding in that room, got left behind by the ship.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Just received this text message from my roommate:

"So I kinda want to see PROMETHEUS tonight" - after he said he didn't want to the other day and I just bought my ticket for tomorrow.

>:(

I will kill him.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 07, 2012, 07:23:39 PM

"So I kinda want to see PROMETHEUS tonight" - after he said he didn't want to the other day and I just bought my ticket for tomorrow.

I will kill him.

Do eeeettt!  :laugh:

Sorry to hear about, though. What a jackass thing to do.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Kill him! Do it nooow!

Vakarian

Vakarian

I will kill him.

You should do something terrible to him...

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 07, 2012, 05:33:53 PM
Look on the bright side: no lens flares in Prometheus! :)

Ahem sure... right.... right... (bites tongue...)  :P

I will kill him.

Bugger... I guess it's too late to change plans now and the theater might not offer an exchange/refund?  :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed