What made you unhappy today? Part 1

Started by Purebreedalien, Jun 26, 2008, 08:54:58 PM

Author
What made you unhappy today? Part 1 (Read 1,835,943 times)

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Oct 06, 2011, 10:16:24 PM
My dog had a seizure and took her to animal hospital. She is okay now but it really worried me that she could have died and she is only four years old. I don't want to lose another pet dog since we put down my pet lab back in 2007 when she was 12 years old.

Darn, at least she's ok now. Do you know what caused it?

Vulhala

Vulhala

If my GF asks me one more question about weddings I'm throwing a puppy into a wood chipper.

Pn2501

Pn2501

Quote from: Vulhala on Oct 07, 2011, 11:27:48 AM
If my GF asks me one more question about weddings I'm throwing a puppy into a wood chipper.

I know dat feel.

Effectz

Effectz

Oh dear.

AliceApocalypse

Hey, Christmas is coming up.  It might save you some cash to put a ring under the tree  instead of having to buy presents and a ring later on.  It also saves you from thinking of a great place to pop the question in the future.  Just trying to help  ;D

Vulhala

Vulhala

Well we're already engaged but she's laid down the law. If I want another kid I have to but the whole package so to speak. I just said fine! We can get £5000. Just tell me when I have to be at the church, you sort the rest out with my mum.

Do I seem like the kind of guy that gives a f**k what canapés we have at the reception? I mean really.

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Vulhala on Oct 07, 2011, 12:39:22 PM
Well we're already engaged but she's laid down the law. If I want another kid I have to but the whole package so to speak. I just said fine! We can get £5000. Just tell me when I have to be at the church, you sort the rest out with my mum.

Do I seem like the kind of guy that gives a f**k what canapés we have at the reception? I mean really.

Honestly Vulhala, as a woman/mom that's understandable regarding the kids.  With most women, all we need men to do is show up on time and leave the wedding plans to the moms & bride  :laugh:  It will be relatively painless, no worries!  Plus, a nice "surprise" under the tree will really rack up some brownie points...trust me  :)

Quote from: Vulhala on Oct 07, 2011, 12:39:22 PM

lol, i know how you feel, luckily my wedding is a good few years off, we haven't got to the planning stage yet.

Vulhala

Vulhala

It all just seems pointless to me. We've lived together for about 5-6 years, we have a kid. Why do we need a piece of paper saying we're married? Just seems like a waste of money.

yeah but you know it's all brainwashed into their heads that it is important. and it can help you financially in some ways, and you get certain extra rights and stuff.

Marr

Marr

Quote from: Vulhala on Oct 07, 2011, 01:43:49 PM
It all just seems pointless to me. We've lived together for about 5-6 years, we have a kid. Why do we need a piece of paper saying we're married? Just seems like a waste of money.

Know exactly how you feel.....piece of advice....bite the bullet...this hassle don' go away.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

I agree. You don't need a piece of paper to tell someone you love them.
I also think that sometimes formalities can make things a bit easier on the other party, so it just might be worth it.

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Oct 06, 2011, 10:16:24 PM
My dog had a seizure and took her to animal hospital. She is okay now but it really worried me that she could have died and she is only four years old. I don't want to lose another pet dog since we put down my pet lab back in 2007 when she was 12 years old.
I know the feeling. We had a blind cat that had seizures. It really is hard to see a member of your family suffer like that.

AliceApocalypse

It is important (to many), especially when there are kids involved.  It's not just a piece of paper it is a legally binding committment to each other.   If it is important to your mate, and you are serious, then why not?  The ceremony is not a waste of money.  It's a milestone in your life that you, your wife, kids & family will look back on and smile.

Don't be afraid, it's over so quickly and you will be glad you did.

LadyZero

LadyZero

A guy I sort of vaguely knew from conventions died, which is sad because he's so young.

BUT what's making me unhappy is that people are posting stuff everywhere going on about what a wonderful person he was. That's very two-faced from some of them and it's untrue as this guy was nothing but rude in the brief interactions I had with him. Rude and obnoxious only scratches the surface of what an utter prick he was during our encounters. He was in a wheelchair and was one of those disabled people who abused the fact he was disabled, would run your feet over if you didn't gtfo quick enough and radiated an attitude of 'I'm in a wheelchair, I rule this show, get out of my way.' Just because you're disabled doesn't mean you get a free pass out of being considered a douchebag.

And now I feel bad because I spoke badly of a dead person. But why should dying absolve you of the fact that yes, you were a prick when you were alive? Ugh. So confused. Sad when anyone dies but can't see past the fact that he was an arsehole whenever I spoke to him.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Stop gossiping about people and you won't feel bad if they die.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed