Prior to ALIENS, did the USCM encounter ALIENS before?

Started by Chris P, Jun 21, 2008, 10:56:52 PM

Author
Prior to ALIENS, did the USCM encounter ALIENS before? (Read 16,663 times)

Chris P

For all of you like myself who love the film: A L I E N S , then you would've noticed that when Riply goes with the USCM on their ship; at the debriefing before the initial mission takes place, HUDSON says something that would indicate that they have delt with Aliens(xenomorphs) before.  He said:  "Is this gonna be another stand up fight, sir, or another BUG HUNT"?.

It would seem to me that they had encountered Aliens before.  Can anyone tell me if this is explained in any books, or comic books or what?  Cause when they get to LV-426, and start the fighting, they seem to know nothing about the Aliens.  What is this all about?

- Thanks.

XenoVC

Eh,i'm guessing they probablly fought some other kind of bug-like species

Chris P

Quote from: XenoVC on Jun 21, 2008, 10:59:31 PM
Eh,i'm guessing they probablly fought some other kind of bug-like species
I would think so to, but when they said a "xenomorph may be involved", and that dude said "...a what?.." then Hudson replied "..bug hunt.", shows they would've faced them before.

maledoro

Quote from: Chris P on Jun 21, 2008, 11:12:52 PM
I would think so to, but when they said a "xenomorph may be involved", and that dude said "...a what?.." then Hudson replied "..bug hunt.", shows they would've faced them before.
No, it's not that conclusive.

1. The word "xenomorph" is not exclusive to this species; it was used by Gorman to appear intelligent.
2. Hicks was smart enough to figure out what Gorman meant, thanks to context.
3. If the USCM had encountered them prior to the mission, they wouldn't have acted like they didn't know what they were.

Chris P

Quote from: maledoro on Jun 21, 2008, 11:32:11 PM
Quote from: Chris P on Jun 21, 2008, 11:12:52 PM
No, it's not that conclusive.

1. The word "xenomorph" is not exclusive to this species; it was used by Gorman to appear intelligent.
2. Hicks was smart enough to figure out what Gorman meant, thanks to context.
3. If the USCM had encountered them prior to the mission, they wouldn't have acted like they didn't know what they were.
well that's what I meant.  Then was there any other related species stated reguarding the "xenomorphs"?  I don't recall any.

maledoro

Quote from: Chris P on Jun 21, 2008, 11:35:47 PM
well that's what I meant.  Then was there any other related species stated reguarding the "xenomorphs"?  I don't recall any.
"Xenomorph" is an even more general term than "alien". It can be used for anything, even non-living things. As for the USCM encountering other species, the nose cone art of one of their dropships declares that they "endanger species".

Chris P

Quote from: maledoro on Jun 21, 2008, 11:40:05 PM
As for the USCM encountering other species, the nose cone art of one of their dropships declares that they "endanger species".
Where?  I haven't seen that.

maledoro

Quote from: Chris P on Jun 21, 2008, 11:41:48 PM
Well, I guess you need to rewatch Aliens one frame at a time!
;)

Chris P

Quote from: maledoro on Jun 21, 2008, 11:47:02 PM
Well, I guess you need to rewatch Aliens one frame at a time!
;)
I guess so. ::).  What kind of fan am I? :D  AND, ALIENS is my favorite film! :D.

XenoVC

As for the USCM encountering other species, the nose cone art of one of their dropships declares that they "endanger species".

Chris P

Quote from: XenoVC on Jun 22, 2008, 02:46:48 AM

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x135/symbiote24/ALIEN15hh.jpg

Thanks man, I will look for that next time I watch the film. ;)

Undeadite

Yeah, only Weyland/Yutani has any real idea of the alien at this point.

Eidotemit

I wouldn't say they had a "good" understanding.

Undeadite

Neither would I, but they had a better idea than what the marines did lol.

maledoro

Quote from: Undeadite on Jun 22, 2008, 08:49:28 AM
Neither would I, but they had a better idea than what the marines did lol.
The marines had actually experienced the aliens firsthand; the Company had not.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed