Escape from New York (Remake)

Started by Ratchetcomand, Jun 20, 2008, 01:00:30 PM

Author
Escape from New York (Remake) (Read 24,619 times)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

If people were okay with a older Rambo and Indy then I don't see why a older Snake will be a big issue?

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Russell's Snake has never been quite as iconic as those guys.

Russ

Russ

Clearly, you didn't grow up in the 80s.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

You are sadly correct, I didn't plop out until that cultural dead zone called the 90s.

It's still true, though.

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah. I only have one good friend that even knows what Escape From New York is, honestly.

First Blood

First Blood

It's a cult film.

orchidal

orchidal

I wanna see Escape from Siera Leon

Pliskin. Ebola. Catch them in 2016.

Nightmare Asylum

Ooh, interesting. Might have to check that out.

Gotta see the sequel eventually, too.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: orchidal on Oct 09, 2014, 10:45:50 AM

Hubbs score: 4/10

"Not rated R really ruined this movie."

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: ShadowPred on Oct 09, 2014, 09:27:57 PM

I concur.

orchidal

orchidal

Quote from: Hubbs on Oct 09, 2014, 10:22:05 PM

I concur.

Not to mention: the CGI blood  and body fluids "really took me out of the experience of it all"  ;)

ace3g

ace3g

'Escape From New York' Remake Moving Forward With John Carpenter Producing

Read More: 'Escape From New York' Remake Moving Forward (Again) | http://screencrush.com/escape-from-new-york-remake-john-carpenter/?trackback=tsmclip
http://screencrush.com/escape-from-new-york-remake-john-carpenter/

Russ

Russ

It's all a little bit sacrilegious to me. This is just one remake that I don't want because I very much doubt it'll be as nihilistic as the 81 classic. I am always in camp "don't judge till you've seen" but EFNY is one of my all time favourite films and I just don't think anyone could "do" Snake other than Kurt Russell (and let's face it, he was ripping off Clint Eastwood, so a new person would have to rip of Kurt ripping off Clint. And if they don't that, it won't be Snake - it's lose/lose).

Chris Hemsworth is the fan-bait at the moment.

For me, even though Kurt Russell has come out and said he thinks that Snake is "an American in his prime" and he is now too old to play the character, I wish that he would reconsider. Since those halcyon days when post-Apocalyptic dystopia ruled the ruins (and the straight to video shelves), sci-fi has come a long way - serious sci-fi I mean. So why not Snake Plissken's "Unforgiven." Something really quite heavy instead of a fast, slick action movie - which EFNY really wasn't. I'm not saying that there shouldn't be action, of course there should, but Old Snake offers so much in the way of character (in a way that, say "Old Mad Max" doesn't).

That's something I'd be really excited about. But I fear we'll get something with CGI, karate and the obligatory tough chick who takes no shit but kind of has the hots for Snake.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

It won't surprise me if the remake is PG-13. The original was R rated back in the early 80's since things were different back then. The violence is tame by today's starters and they only say the F word like once or twice. The scene of breast is only on screen for like a second before it's gone. If they make it R rated just to boost up the violence and sex then I will lose more respect for this film. The original Escape from New York would be PG-13 now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed