Riddick

Started by Speed37, Jun 04, 2008, 11:34:44 PM

Author
Riddick (Read 163,872 times)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

That was several years ago. I think a new movie can do better if the word of mouth is good.

genocyber

genocyber

I still don't understand the hate for that movie. It had good acting, and had a Heavy Metal magazine tone to the story. Riddick was still Riddick and he was still killing people. The only difference is that there wasn't any horror going on. But the story was much more fleshed out of that universe. Plus there was plenty of action devoid of cheesy one liners.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It was too much too soon. The story didn't really logically follow from Pitch Black despite having two characters from the previous movie. Dark Fury helped bridge the gap though and I saw it before I saw CoR.

Glaive

Glaive

Oh, twat-loops...

Shasvre

Shasvre

Keg

Keg

Get in!

Snowdog

Snowdog

Good to hear 8) Even if i disliked the chronicles of riddick. i loved pitch black.

Keg

Keg

Despite its flaws and trying to do too much, too fast I really like Chronicles of Riddick.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: Keg on Nov 27, 2011, 02:06:26 PM
Despite its flaws and trying to do too much, too fast I really like Chronicles of Riddick.

I agree.

Effectz

Effectz

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Nov 27, 2011, 03:58:35 PM

I agree.

Only thing good about Chronicles of Riddick is when he kills the guy with a cup because it made me laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCPqvW8ycEQ#ws

MykeHavoc

MykeHavoc

I enjoy both films. I was greatly impressed with the scope of Chronicles. I look forward to this film and hope the financial issues are behind them.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I liked it but I think that's because I saw it after seeing Dark Fury.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

The original was a competent movie with a bit of charm, but ultimately lacking soul and cliched, but good visually and with memorable lead character. 5/10 in my books, fun but disposable, and this actually not a bad score on my scale ( :D )...But anyway "Chronicles..." wanted to make an epic out of it on a grand scale and it utterly failed. There was little connection between scenes, the whole movie seemed disjointed, there wasn't any chemistry, nothing clicked. And ultimately despite trying hard to say something, it had nothing to say.

Feral_PRED

Feral_PRED

Riddick Resumes Production December 28th

Back in October, actor Vin Diesel revealed Riddick was nearing the start of production, although the sequel was shut down weeks later because of cash flow issues. Now it seems all has been resolved, and Riddick will resume shooting on December 28.

Michel Trudel, who owns the Montreal studio where Riddick was shooting, booted the cast and crew off the set when Vin Diesel's production company, One Race Films, fell behind on payments to the studio. Now Michel Trudel says the production company has paid up, and he will allow the sequel to continue production. It isn't known if the production company took on a new financing partner for Riddick, or where the new funds came from.

David Twohy is directing Riddick from his own screenplay. Vin Diesel returns as the title character, and Karl Urban reprises his Vaako role from The Chronicles of Riddick. We reported last month that Katee Sackhoff, Bokeem Woodbine, Andreas Apergis, and Dave Bautista were offered roles in Riddick, although it isn't known if they have accepted yet.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/riddick-resumes-production-december-28th

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Drugs. I'm calling drugs on this one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed