Author
Riddick (Read 163,886 times)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Well, this'll be fun!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Keg on Aug 05, 2011, 10:49:18 AM
Its highly unlikely (although if a new Riddick movie does well we may get one) but I'd love a third game too. A trilogy of games leading directly into Pitch Black. That would be awesome. The ending of Assault on Dark Athena leaves too many questions hanging about what happens between then and Pitch Black. A final game to tie it all up and bring it full circle would be fantastic.

Why do you say unlikely? Tigon Studios made a second game even though there was no film made based on Riddick since EfBB.

Keg

Keg

I dont think it sold well did it? I hope im wrong because I love those games. Fighting with the Ulaks was awesome.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

QuoteOn the flip side, Riddick has sold 110,000 units in its first three weeks of release and is, according to Variety, set to top 250,000 units and generate $15 million in revenue. While small in comparison to a multiplatform, multiplatinum title, the sales numbers are considered a major success for an Xbox-only game. Variety also cited unnamed sources as saying Riddick's success has prompted VU to prep a PC version for a Q4 2004 release. The article also said the publisher is actively considering a sequel to Butcher Bay--something that definitively can't be said about its film cousin.

Sounds like it did.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

So is this out before, or after xXx 3? Both belated sequels have been on Vin's to do list for a while now.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 06, 2011, 02:27:10 PM
QuoteOn the flip side, Riddick has sold 110,000 units in its first three weeks of release and is, according to Variety, set to top 250,000 units and generate $15 million in revenue. While small in comparison to a multiplatform, multiplatinum title, the sales numbers are considered a major success for an Xbox-only game. Variety also cited unnamed sources as saying Riddick's success has prompted VU to prep a PC version for a Q4 2004 release. The article also said the publisher is actively considering a sequel to Butcher Bay--something that definitively can't be said about its film cousin.

Sounds like it did.

Thats the first game, not the multi platform sequel. I dont think Assault On Dark Athena sold well.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: TJ Doc on Aug 06, 2011, 03:29:13 PM
So is this out before, or after xXx 3? Both belated sequels have been on Vin's to do list for a while now.

xXx 3 isn't on Vin's list it seems right now so I'd bet on this being released first.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Yeah, that seems more likely. This is clearly the one he's more passionate about, in any case.

ace3g

ace3g

New Story And Character Details For RIDDICK Revealed

"Here's who they're scouting for at the moment:
- Boss Johns
- Santana
- The sexy female merc Dahl
- The smug commander Krone"

As for the plot details, there is a lot of it, mostly spoilers, so I'll post the part that captures the whole thing. Read below:

"In a nutshell, the movie sees Riddick back on a barren planet, surrounded by monsters and mercenaries – both species who want him dead and vice versa. Though there's a couple of potential cameos from previous Riddick movie faves, it's mostly fresh blood this time surrounding the big guy. And speaking of fresh, the character seems to have gotten a welcome, kick-ass overhaul...he's more brutal, bad-ass and virile (as some may say) than he was in the previous films."

I have to say, this sounds pretty cool. The site goes on saying that Karl Urban might return for couple of scenes as Vaako and some other intresting stuff. For much more, just follow the link at the bottom of the page. So, what are your thoughts on the new RIDDICK film?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=44102

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Sounds good to me. A more brutal Riddick; does this mean the film be more graphic you think?

First Blood

First Blood

Sounds good to me so far.  :)

Quote from: ace3g on Aug 10, 2011, 10:40:59 PM
"In a nutshell, the movie sees Riddick back on a barren planet, surrounded by monsters and mercenaries – both species who want him dead and vice versa. Though there's a couple of potential cameos from previous Riddick movie faves, it's mostly fresh blood this time surrounding the big guy.

Regarding the cameos, it would be nice to see Toombs make one. Maybe part of the mercenary group.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Toombs is dead.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 11, 2011, 02:45:46 AM
Toombs is dead.

Really? I thought Riddick locked him in a cage between two animals?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I doubt this film is happening the day after.

First Blood

First Blood

True, but who's to say he did or didn't escape. The film could take place...say a few months or few years after Riddick and update the viewer on what's going on. Toombs may have escaped and plotted his revenge.

What I am trying to say is that it doesn't have to take place the day after, to justify the character still being alive.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed