Riddick

Started by Speed37, Jun 04, 2008, 11:34:44 PM

Author
Riddick (Read 164,540 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Back in the early days of my existence I hated when franchises leaped from one tone or genre to another.  So naturally I hated chronicles when it first released because it felt so different to PB.  PB felt more like alien, and chronicles felt more like SW, so it was like having ripley 8 fighting storm troopers in the second.  It just didn't mesh with what we saw in the first movie.

Now after having been influenced by hundreds of japanese anime, it doesn't bother me near as bad. 

There is more to do in a movie like Chronicles than solely another monster film with bounty hunters.

I still prefer the OG movie to all of them though. 

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Given the title and plot synopsis here, I'm very excited to see that Furya seems to be leaning harder into the knockoff 40K/space opera elements of Chronicles. Glad to finally have an official green light on this thing after so long; hopefully it goes into production soon.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah, it does look like it's more inline with Chronicles. Would need a big budget though.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Family fights! In space 🤭😁👉👈

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

This line will be said at some point in the movie:

"Do you know what 'Furya' means in the common tongue?  Family."

I don't know it for a fact.  I just know I'm right.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 13, 2023, 05:06:18 PMThis line will be said at some point in the movie:

"Do you know what 'Furya' means in the common tongue?  Family."

I don't know it for a fact.  I just know I'm right.
I don't know if I'd laugh or cry if that made it into the next Riddick movie.

Master Chief

Master Chief

haha I'd definitely laugh at that.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

QuoteFuryan Friday...
Grrr...

Wweyland

Wweyland

Very happy about this, and hoping for some more Riddick EU material (games, comics, etc.)

Master Chief

Master Chief

Looking forward to seeing the interaction between Riddick and Vaako.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Master Chief on Feb 28, 2023, 03:15:02 PMLooking forward to seeing the interaction between Riddick and Vaako.

Aye. Hoping for a lot of Necromonger action in this this one as we return to the space opera shenanigans of Chronicles.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I'd rather it strike a balance between Pitch Black and Chronicles.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Well, I'd definitely never say no to some more space monster action thrown into the mix, too. ;)

After the recent Furya announcement, I got in the mood and revisited Pitch Black, Dark Fury, and Chronicles for the first time since 2013 (and will be revisiting Riddick for the first time since then very soon as well) and have been having a lot of fun reacclimating myself with this messy little franchise that could. It's all through and through earnest, big swing storytelling that feels like a Vin Diesel D&D OC navigating his way from a truckers in space Alien-knockoff one-shot and into a massive "custom character in a video game cutscene" world without so much as a wink at the audience, because there's no joke to let the audience in on.

I'm all in on wherever Diesel and Twohy are taking Space Conan next.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 28, 2023, 07:00:48 PMI'd rather it strike a balance between Pitch Black and Chronicles.

I like 40k esque space opera and all 😅, but I think I would definitely appreciate balance as well.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Watched Riddick last night; it was my first time seeing the Unrated cut of that one. Quite liked how hard this one tries to emulate the stylings of a Frank Frazetta painting, especially once they reach "Not-Furya," and I was pretty blindsided by the added ending scene that's basically just there to queue up Furya. Really look forward to seeing how the next one continues on from that little "Transcendence" revelation...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed