Doom (2016) (Doom 4)

Started by Ratchetcomand, May 09, 2008, 12:07:44 PM

Author
Doom (2016) (Doom 4) (Read 90,300 times)

Razz

Razz

Closed Alpha signups here: http://doom.com/age_gate/alpha

Signed up for it (PS4 Version), hoping I get in.

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Here is gameplay from the upcoming alpha release!

DoomRulz

Razz

Razz

Got my code for the Closed Alpha and downloaded it, can't wait till this weekend.  :)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The multiplayer alpha is f**king dope. It feels so refreshing to play a shooter with a complex level design that's almost like a maze and having to rely on pickups is such an awesome nostalgia kick.

Jango1201

Jango1201

Anyone else have a problem getting into a game? Everytime I tried I was told the lobby was full. I gave up after too many attempts to count.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I kept selecting the find match link until it worked. Only took a few tries in some cases.

Taxemic

Taxemic

Has this finished now?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Yes, it ended last Sunday.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

What are your last impressions?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The graphics didn't impress me as much as I thought they would which was disappointing. In the gameplay vid from E3, everything looked damn near photorealistic whereas the alpha looked like a modern shooter. The gameplay, graphics aside, was tons of fun. This is very much an old school run-and-gun FPS. The map also had a maze-like feel to it, reminiscent of the DOOM of yesteryear. The weapons were nice too, though the rocket launcher needs a damage upgrade as the splash damage felt very underwhelming. A secondary firing mode with a lock-on feature would be cool too. Playing as the Revenant was the bomb, to put it simply. Running around with extra health, dual wielding shoulder-mounted rocket launchers with a jetpack is all kinds of awesome. No melee attack as said demon was disappointing. In DOOM 2, the f**ker packs one hell of a right hook if the player gets too close so it would be nice to see it included.

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Game Informer is covering the game this month! Below is the cover for the upcoming issue of Game Informer.

Spoiler

[close]

You can see read more at this link.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/01/06/game-informer-february-cover-reveal-doom-2416160408.aspx?utm_content=buffer66ae2&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I've been watching the E3 gameplay video at least once a day for the past few days. I can't get enough of it. I'm so hyped for this.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 14, 2016, 03:42:20 AM
I've been watching the E3 gameplay video at least once a day for the past few days. I can't get enough of it. I'm so hyped for this.
Dont get too hyped,just some advice.  :P

razeak

razeak

The E3 trailer was glorious. Unfortunately, I can't contain the hype.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed