74 (18.3%)
Love them both
5 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 398

Author
AvPR vs A:R (Read 144,364 times)

Snowdog

Snowdog

I wanted to have the Predalien use Eggmorphing before she would become a full grown queen. Also i wanted her to have more Alien like colors and a more Mechanical look. I like Chet as a movie monster. Not as much as an alien.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Aug 13, 2011, 11:17:34 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 12, 2011, 08:47:11 PM
How does Chet not make sense?
Eggbarf + too many traits.

Yeah, that. If they got rid of egg barfing, and toned down the yellow coloring a bit, it wouldn't have been so bad. Kind of cool actually. I would also like to see the dreds removed, or at least more mechanical looking, but its not as big a deal as the color,I think.

There are better predalien designs, but Chet wasn't completely terrible.

In terms of story, though, the egg barfing completely killed it. The Newborn at least had a reason to be ugly and act un-alien.

delsaber8

delsaber8

Rez is much better than AVPR. They both suck just I think A:R is a bit better.

Predalien91

Predalien91

Quote from: delsaber8 on Aug 24, 2011, 04:01:13 AM
Kinda like hookers  ;D

delsaber8

delsaber8

Quote from: Predalien91 on Aug 24, 2011, 04:04:03 AM
Quote from: delsaber8 on Aug 24, 2011, 04:01:13 AM
Kinda like hookers  ;D
lol  :D

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Chet existed before the movie, in the EU.  I hate the design (sorry Predxeno) but understand the lead in from the first AVP which was also taken from the comics.

A:R was too far of a stretch.  Ripley died in A3, we had closure. Ripley cloning is bad enough but pile on Alien DNA?  Too much.  I did appreciate how the made Call, alphabetically correct and advanced.  I can't wrap my head around Newborn  ??? 

As flawed as AVP:R is, we still get some consistancy and a lot of "Predator action" always good.

SM

SM

QuoteI can't wrap my head around Newborn   

What's not to wrap your head around.  It's all explained in the film by Gediman.

Terx2

Terx2

I hate the predalien design in AVPR but then again if they got it right not all fans/people would like it. And the egg barfing part added to the creature didn't real make much sense or make the story any better.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Aug 25, 2011, 10:48:45 PM

What's not to wrap your head around.  It's all explained in the film by Gediman.

Personally I just didn't care for the design. It didn't help matters that it was a hideous creature in an already awful film.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

It doesn't belong. 

delsaber8

delsaber8

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Aug 26, 2011, 01:32:41 PM

It doesn't belong.
I can see how it works in that situation, but it all comes down to the fact that the whole movie is bad.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Resurrection was by far superior. It was at least halfway decent if you forget that it was supposed to be an Alien film.

That... thing we got a few years ago was terrible no matter how you slice it.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You can't. That's what having Ripley in a film does. It makes the film that much harder to digest.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I was able to, because she didn't act like Ripley at all. When I removed my Alien fandom from the equation, it was just a film that had Sigourney Weaver in it.

magical_boy

magical_boy

requiem was more entertaining
resurrection had no teenagers

tough call...both were disappointing, especially requiem's terrible setting

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed