AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie

Started by War Wager, Apr 22, 2008, 04:29:38 PM

Which is your least fave movie of the whole franchise?

Predator
6 (1%)
Predator 2
15 (2.6%)
AvP: Alien vs. Predator
51 (8.8%)
AvPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
270 (46.6%)
Alien
9 (1.6%)
Aliens
7 (1.2%)
AlienĀ³
37 (6.4%)
Alien Resurrection
102 (17.6%)
Predators
12 (2.1%)
Prometheus
25 (4.3%)
Alien Covenant
12 (2.1%)
The Predator
34 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 560

Author
AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie (Read 236,542 times)

HUGZZ

HUGZZ

I voted AVP:R cuz...well you've probably already read all the countless reasons, but when I submitted my vote I was like "damn! a lot of people don't like AVP:R :p

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

I'm not surprised.

AT ALL.

screenwriter805

screenwriter805

I'd have to say RESURRECTION. It sort of ruined the future storyline of any potential alien sequels. It did allow us to get prometheus, but still.. Wow..

Jean piere jeunet was the absolute wrong director for part 4 IMO

The Saint

The Saint

Reasons for the dislike..mostly and mine.
AvP:  Disappointed the most no. of fans in a no. of ways... being the first movie .   (I Loved the premise and Hated the fight Scenes)

AvPR: By this time not many people had recovered  from avp and had little faith including the Bros. Themselves . (I loved the Pred and nothing more)
Predators: Was too Predictable..(I Followed the movie way too much before  release to be surprised in any way)
Prometheus: People expected another "Alien" and were denied ...also the most detached movie in the series.( I loved the sci fi part of the movie the most.)

Xenoscript

Almost voted AvP, ended up going with AvP:R. In the end, they're both awful films and are easily worse than any of the other films by a mile.

AvP was full of sloppy editing, poor acting, bad cg, and weak direction. Not to mention it was knee-capped by a pg-13 rating. Avp:R Had the R rating, but that's it. The now infamous lighting (a shame, as some of the effects look good), cheesy acting and horrendous editing during combat. Both failed to delivar much in the way of actual fighting between the species, instead focusing on forced romance sub-plots and boring human protagonists. Complete wastes.

Oh, and does anybody else hate the Xenomorph design in AvP? I felt it was too meaty...

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

AVPR is the least well made but I also dislike AVP, Alien 3, Predators and Prometheus. I find myself liking Resurrection for some reason though.

Sinister Serenity

Sinister Serenity

Quote from: Gilfryd on Dec 03, 2012, 12:16:08 AM
AVPR is the least well made but I also dislike AVP, Alien 3, Predators and Prometheus. I find myself liking Resurrection for some reason though.

You like Ressurection more than 3?!

NOOOOOOOOO

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Xenoscript on Dec 02, 2012, 03:21:05 AM
Oh, and does anybody else hate the Xenomorph design in AvP? I felt it was too meaty...

Same ones that were used for Resurrection, in case you were wondering.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

With beefier hands, humanoid legs and jet-black color scheme with minor silver highlights.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Quote from: Sinister Serenity on Dec 30, 2012, 09:57:04 PMYou like Ressurection more than 3?!

NOOOOOOOOO

Even in a guilty pleasure so bad it's good sorta way?

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

cant believe anyone would vote for Alien and Aliens

cultistofvertigo

Huh.

I guess it's not too shocking that AvP:R got the most votes... but did you guys notice that those awkward, hard to watch SOLO predator movies are up on the board? Including the one where cops use machineguns or whatever the f**k? I mean, yeah, I get it, AvP:R isn't very good and all that, the characters feel like when you're watching a Harryhausen movie as a kid and you just want to fast foward all the terribly acted talking scenes, but you DO know that Predator 2 has NO aliens in it, right?

Like, here's an analogy. I'm a huge G-Fan, but I can't stand Godzilla vs. Space Godzilla at all. It's just awful. But of course I'd rather watch that over the 1998 Zilla movie. GvsSG might suck, but at least Godzilla is in it, right?

It's a weird combination of not surprised but also still a little surprised.

Annapurna1

both of the APVs were pretty lame, but they did provide some footage for the larger APV complex.

samoht

samoht

The people that voted for PREDATOR, ALIEN and ALIENS need to be hunted down by a pack of psychotic Rhino's who will cover them from head to toe in jizz for three hours straight. And when it's over, we will steal their shoes.

Spidey3121

Quote from: samoht on Jan 06, 2013, 11:58:12 AM
The people that voted for PREDATOR, ALIEN and ALIENS need to be hunted down by a pack of psychotic Rhino's who will cover them from head to toe in jizz for three hours straight. And when it's over, we will steal their shoes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed