AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie

Started by War Wager, Apr 22, 2008, 04:29:38 PM

Which is your least fave movie of the whole franchise?

Predator
6 (1%)
Predator 2
15 (2.6%)
AvP: Alien vs. Predator
51 (8.8%)
AvPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
270 (46.6%)
Alien
9 (1.6%)
Aliens
7 (1.2%)
AlienĀ³
37 (6.4%)
Alien Resurrection
102 (17.6%)
Predators
12 (2.1%)
Prometheus
25 (4.3%)
Alien Covenant
12 (2.1%)
The Predator
34 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 560

Author
AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie (Read 236,315 times)

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

It's been a while but it might've been the commentary with the FX guys. Honestly there're so many disparate accounts of things relating to the AVP films you could believe whatever you want.

D88M

D88M

huh, objectively the worst of the bunch is AVPR, then it would be AVP, and then Predators, those three are terrible, mediocre/generic, and bad movies respectively

Dreadlock Holiday

While I do love Wolf and Ian Whyte's performance, AVP: Requiem is an almighty toilet flush of a movie.  >:( A dark mess with unlikable characters who you wished would get killed off. I feel sorry for the Studio ADI guys. They did an amazing job with the practical effects but the poor lighting meant that their work wasn't showcased like it should've been.

hooligan1970

I will agree that requiem was bad, but I just don't like how they perverted the aliens origins with an absolutely horrible movie that could have been ended in the first 10/20 minuets of them being there. the characters acted humanly abnormal, would you run in the path of a FALLING SPACESHIP!!! no? I didn't think so, would you continue to explore a place that has killed most of your crew and beheaded an android with the creature you thought created you for god knows why. I honestly want to know who would do those things knowing they were also stepping on the substance that killed the most of their crew!

that felt good to get out.

windebieste

Shit, Man.  Yeah.  I'd run in a straight line. 

Would you prefer to run into the raining fiery debris of the ship that had exploded, instead? The rolling Juggernaut was actually shielding and protecting the pair from the shattered fragments of the Prometheus that was literally bombarding either side of the juggernaut. 

The path of the rolling ship was the only safe place, albeit a very temporary one.

Either way, it's one seriously f**ked up situation to make a decision over.  Instant death from above?  ...or near instant death from being crushed.  Personally, I'll take the few seconds of reprieve.  ...oh, and not fall over.  A few extra seconds can all too frequently mean the difference between life and death.  Happens all the time.  All over the world.

-Windebieste.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: hooligan1970 on Feb 20, 2017, 02:42:43 AM
would you run in the path of a FALLING SPACESHIP!!!

A bit hard not to given all the raining debris and its massive size.  They even tried to dodge it but the ship wasn't even falling in a straight line as it rolled on its axis.

Quoteno? I didn't think so, would you continue to explore a place that has killed most of your crew and beheaded an android with the creature you thought created you for god knows why. I honestly want to know who would do those things knowing they were also stepping on the substance that killed the most of their crew!

Because Weyland is old and dying, rich and probably insane.

Or are you referring to Shaw?  She had nothing else to live for, being barren and all her friends dead.  Why not?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Requiem is unquestionably a worse film than Prometheus on every level. And I say that as someone who's really pissed off with Prometheus.

The Cruentus

It is easy to talk about what you would in a situation like that right now while you are safe, but in a life or death situation, you are running on instinct which is not always smart. So chances are that people will make the same mistake and get flattened.

Indeed Huda, Prometheus is flawed but Requiem will always be the worst...so far.

Sutekh The Destroyer

Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Predator, Predator 2, Predators and Prometheus I love almost equally.

Resurrection is an interesting failed attempt to try and continue  the main series.

AVP is a dumb movie but fun.

Requiem......has maybe one or two cool things in it but is for the most part the second worst thing to come out of this franchise. It would be the worst if Deadliest of Species didn't exist.

The Cruentus

That was an odd book indeed and until defiance, was the longest one.

Ze Hydra

Ze Hydra

Prometheus for me in the worst.

The story could have been way better, the idea of Engineers meeting humans could be so much better. 
No xenos in an Alien movie....
Don't even get me started on the acting... At points there's 12 member as crew the next point theres 30....
Movie that jumps scenes and story..
It killed off AvP as canon.. and possibly predators as a whole might be cut off if ridley scott is given more praise.
More plotholes left by prometheus than solved, possibly to be covered in the next 7 years of sequels that will be milked like hell.

Alionic

Alionic

In the entirety of the franchise, I'd say the first AVP movie was the worst. The script was so awful that it made Joss Whedon's in Alien Resurrection look like a masterpiece by comparison. It's a shame, too, because the setting and designs were superb. I liked the quasi Mountains of Madness approach they took with it. They were also wasted on a PG-13 rating.

The movie went irredeemably full retard once the Predator made the lead girl a spear and a shield from an Alien's corpse. Now imagine this was made by someone who could write a script with an R rating.

KainSwiss

KainSwiss

The worst movie has to be AVPR it had plenty of bad taste written all over it. All the cast was unlikeable. Should have just wiped them all out. The only good thing about that movie was the predators. But I would agree the fight scene should have been much longer. Didn't they pay the electric bill when shooting. AVP was terrible also. But AVPR should have improved on what people critiqued about the first movie. Nope they made a worse pile of shite. Alien Resurrection wasn't as bad as those movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yautja2117

I don't really have an issue with Predator, Alien, or AVP and I haven't seen a lot of the others but Predators was such a steaming pile of shit I'm surprised they signed their name to it. Everything in it was exactly as if it were a fan film with a big budget that had a cheesy plot which was executed sloppily.

Comparing it to the original Predator film the casting sucked, the plot sucked (basically LOST but on a pred planet) and dear god I wonder if they even bothered applying special effects at all..

I don't think there is anything remotely good about the film aside from the crazy guy who lives in that burned out ship.

The happy alien

Prometheus, It was like a knife of sh** stabing me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed