*Official* Relationship Advice Thread

Started by DoomRulz, Apr 18, 2008, 12:36:19 AM

Author
*Official* Relationship Advice Thread (Read 711,201 times)

Cal427eb

This thread saddens me but makes me laugh at the same time.

First Blood

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Feb 24, 2013, 02:43:49 AM
If we're sharing life experiences in love, might as well tell a few of mine:

Tiffany- Back in elementary school, I was in 2nd grade and there was this girl who was the apple of my eye. Everyday I would say hi to her. Occasionally sit next to her at lunch. Of course, she always ignored me, and never showed an emotional love towards me. One day it was recess and I remember she broke her arm and everyone signed her cast. I wanted to but there was no room for me. So with it being winter and snowy outside, she said, "come with me..." I followed. She brought me to a small ice patch where we "skated" holding each others hands. It lasted only two minutes, which were the slowest two minutes in my life for it felt like a lifetime. She knew then that I loved her so she gave me a one time only chance to spend with her before she had to move out of state. I'll never forget that day...

Mary- Then, there was another time in 5th grade when I fell in love with this girl. She would always stand up for me when bullies attacked me. She showed how much she cared and you could say I took that the "wrong way." Suddenly, a love spell was cast over me and left me feeling enamored with this lovely girl. At first, it started off real great with us spending time together laughing over stupid things and playing footsies under the table. We were just kids and it meant nothing to her, but meant everything to me. When it came to being Valentine's Day, I gave her a box of chocolates and she denied them and handed the box back to me. Saddened, I ran home crying into my Star Wars pillow. A week later, I swore vengeance upon her and made her life as miserable as she had made mine. I started to grow hatred for her and would embarrass her in front of her friends. A month passed and her dad died. Me, still having feelings for her resented my attacks and fell back in love with her. Of course, that didn't last long for she never forgot the things I have done to her. I took the message and left her alone ever since...

Briana- This ones a little short. It was middle school and I was partnered up with this lovely lady for a school project. When working together, she accidentally closed the clip board on my fingers. As caring as she was, she took care of me. We fell in love with each other and our "relationship" lasted for only two full weeks. It was my fault, since she wanted it to be kept a secret, I told everyone, and she left me.

Aside from a few others, most of them happen to already be in a relationship by the time I confess my love towards them. Which brings me to the questions: 1) Why is it that every girl I go after has a boyfriend already? 2) How come all the pretty looking girls who aren't in a relationship want to stay single?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0QnsOVR7Xc#

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Feb 24, 2013, 02:06:18 AM
I'm really a down to earth cool dude who is only looking for the right one but always gets himself in trouble. I'm that hopeless romantic, or the under-dog who never gets the girl. I'm the "good guy" girls always talk about who they want in a relationship but never give them a chance because they automatically friend-zone them or make the wrong decisions and get with the bad boy, juvenile delinquent who treats them like shit and only wants sex.

"Cool dude" - this label is a trap

"always gets himself into trouble" - this shows you don't take the time to learn from your mistakes

"hopeless" - this shows me poor attitude

"under-dog" - giving yourself this title shows more poor attitude

"I'm the "good guy" girls always talk about who they want in a relationship but never give them a chance" - assuming too much, particularly your own worth in their perspective

"because they automatically friend-zone them" - again assuming too much, plus if I were the girl this would be probably an act of security

"make the wrong decisions and get with the bad boy, juvenile delinquent who treats them like shit and only wants sex" - and again assuming too much, though it does happen it doesn't always happen, by a long shot

Overall - poor attitude, assuming too much, generalizing too much, has much to learn.

Space Sweeper

Not gonna lie, Rick deleting his post to make it look like I was directing my quoteless post of Bronson shouting "Shut the f**k up you c**t" at SiL was pretty sly. Too bad others had quoted it.

Rick Grimes

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 24, 2013, 03:05:50 AM
Not gonna lie, Rick deleting his post to make it look like I was directing my quoteless post of Bronson shouting "Shut the f**k up you c**t" at SiL was pretty sly. Too bad others had quoted it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO5wryDdEI0#ws

Question Sweeper, how were you able to edit your post to include my quote even after I deleted it? Are you some kind of time traveler?

Cal427eb

Oh simple minded Rick.  ::)

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Feb 24, 2013, 03:10:09 AM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 24, 2013, 03:05:50 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO5wryDdEI0#ws
;D

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Feb 24, 2013, 03:10:09 AM
Question Sweeper, how were you able to edit your post to include my quote even after I deleted it? Are you some kind of time traveler?
Every word had burned into my brain, and I was able to remember it all with a correct link timestamp.

Spoiler
KNIGHT had quoted the whole thing, so I took it from his post.
[close]

DontRelaxJustYetMarines

This line of thinking, "girls like the jerks, hate nice guys" is immature.  And the truth is, some girls are jerks too, and so they are matched perfectly with guys who are jerks.  But 'nice guy' probably means someone who is actually a complete tool.  So the nice guys are the real jerks.  But the best way is to be completely honest about your intentions.

DontRelaxJustYetMarines

There's a chick I'm living with at the moment, and I think I could f**k her if I wanted to, but I must be tactful about it.  She's 8 years older than me, but she has a nice figure.  Don't know what to do about it.  She flirts with me all the time, though.

Space Sweeper

Don't worry about it, all you have to do is want to and she'll have no choice.

EEV2650

Quote from: DontRelaxJustYetMarines on Feb 24, 2013, 10:05:29 AM
There's a chick I'm living with at the moment, and I think I could f**k her if I wanted to, but I must be tactful about it.  She's 8 years older than me, but she has a nice figure.  Don't know what to do about it.  She flirts with me all the time, though.

If she flirts with you and you live together then what is holding you back fro making a move immediately?

DontRelaxJustYetMarines

Quote from: EEV2650 on Feb 24, 2013, 10:17:46 AM
Quote from: DontRelaxJustYetMarines on Feb 24, 2013, 10:05:29 AM

If she flirts with you and you live together then what is holding you back fro making a move immediately?

I don't know.  I haven't made up my mind yet.  I'm not a f**king machine, like, I'm not horny all the time, you know.  ::)

EEV2650

Well with using language like "I could f**k her if I wanted too",you fooled me.

OpenMaw

I'm baffled as to why this thread would be closed. Yeah, it gets a little testy in here from time to time, but closed? There's far too much entertainment value coming out of this business.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed