Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,891,217 times)

SM

SM

Visual continuity.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

The Jedi mullet was Ewan's hair, as was the traditional Obi-Wan haircut.

At least that was my understanding.

SM

SM

I never thought it was a wig.  Wasn't bad if it was.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

His hair was a wig in the reshoots though, which are horribly mismatched to his real hair/beard.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Apr 08, 2008, 03:05:22 AM
His hair was a wig in the reshoots though, which are horribly mismatched to his real hair/beard.

Nothing looks as laughable as Hugh Jackman in X2 when he came back for re-shoots.

The opening scene when Wolverine finds the base at Alkali Lake.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Yep, that was pretty bad.  He's got all his Van Helsing hair stuffed under that wig.

Nightwalker

Nightwalker

mcgregor didnt wear wigs!!! u sure? i thought he did....im sure they say something in a commentry somewhere.....and how can u say it looked ok?
my god....he looked a right prat lol the amount of hair spray or whatever used to keep that mullet in place turned it into a helmet for christs sake lol
in phantom he looked ok with the short spikey look and revenge wasnt too bad..it looked real....but clones.....dear oh dear.

also....i am the only one who hated the look of the alien creatures used in the battle sequence in clones on geonosis.the arena battle with padme and anakin v the three creatures.i hated those things..looked so cgi and poorly designed.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I like all the star wars.  Even the new ones.  The prequels don't hold a candle to the originals (Of which I think Empire is the best) but they are still more entertaining than most movies released.

To me Star Wars has always been the epic popcorn ride.  A movie you can kick your shoes off, sit back and enjoy for what it is.  Its a series thats as complex as you want it to be or as simple as you want it to be.  And for that I think it is interesting.

I grew up on the original trilogy, I actually liked the phantom menace, the first half of AOTC, and ROTS.  Not nearly as much as the original trilogy, but there were elements I dug to all of them.

SM

SM

QuoteIts a series thats as complex as you want it to be or as simple as you want it to be.

A fine summary and no mistake.

Horhey

Horhey

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Apr 07, 2008, 09:55:04 PM
I do think it's ridiculous that an entire stormtrooper army was defeated by teddy bears.

f**kin right. If George could do it over again some of that movie would've been different.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Return of the Jedia is the best in the series IMO because The ending was perfect and the battles where great.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Horhey on Apr 08, 2008, 05:07:56 PM
Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Apr 07, 2008, 09:55:04 PM
I do think it's ridiculous that an entire stormtrooper army was defeated by teddy bears.

f**kin right. If George could do it over again some of that movie would've been different.

It was a small empire force vs the entire population of endor.  Numbers wise it would've been a hard fight to overcome, nevermind the fact that they had a squad of rebel commando's and rebel hero's helping them.

The boromir rule.  One rebel hero is worth 30 something of the badguy.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

How would rate all 6 movies?

For me

Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace 7/10
Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones 6/10
Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith 8.5/10
Star Wars IV: A New Hope 10/10
Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back 9.5/10
Star Wars: Episode VI: Return of the Jedi 10/10

SM

SM

Quotef**kin right. If George could do it over again some of that movie would've been different.

You haven't seen the Special Editions?  He DID have the chance and didn't change it.  It's a Vietnam allegory.

And if you were paying attention you'd note the Ewoks did very little damage to the stormtroopers - their hang gliders got shot down; catapults blown up; attempts to trip walkers useless - until Chewie and his mates nicked the chicken walker.  THEN the tide turned.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Anyone going to see the Clone Wars movie that is coming out?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed