Immortan Jonesy

Interesting news :P @Kradan tell Local about this

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1598468086771945472

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

She even wears the damn Crimson Dawn necklace when she goes with.  :laugh:

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 01, 2022, 01:07:10 AMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im0rqLhSPEE

My man is spot on. I like him. He has a dark future ahead where truth and well constructed points have no place on youtube!

General grievous movie?  FFS :laugh: 

ace3g

ace3g

Prez

Prez

Wife & I finished Andor last night. 10/10. Best Star Wars since forever. Also one of the best shows on TV period.

Spoiler
Had it all didn't it? Espionage, violence, prison break, riots, real nasty villains, conflicted/tarnished `good guys' and for once, no cheesy call backs or fan service.
[close]

I realise now why this has worked so well. There is no previous character baggage or expectation with Andor and co. If we ever needed reminding that the best way for Star Wars moving forward is without retelling stories of characters who are already well versed, then this is it.

Also it's the first SW film or TV show I've watched that I felt no one was safe!! The tension was fantastic throughout and things actually felt hopeless - even Rogue One didn't capture this. It's like the polar opposite of anything Star Wars has done and I love it.
Spoiler
No magical Force wielding Jedi, Ewoks or Macguffan to save the day
[close]

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The thing about magic in stories, when it becomes the excuse for every contrivance in your fairy story, it ceases to be magical and becomes transparently dull and mundane.

ace3g

ace3g

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Ya know, I've pretty much avoided Andor entirely, having been pretty much burnt out and done with Star Wars since RoS, paired with not being a huge fan of Rogue One.

But I keep hearing really good things about it, so I'm thinking I might have to give it a shot.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

But if you choose to watch it, we're never going to get that General Grievous' war-love-drama 👉👈

TilotnyWorshiper28

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 07, 2022, 06:22:34 PMBut if you choose to watch it, we're never going to get that General Grievous' war-love-drama 👉👈

I do wanna see Grievous during the HUK War

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Dec 07, 2022, 05:57:42 PMYa know, I've pretty much avoided Andor entirely, having been pretty much burnt out and done with Star Wars since RoS, paired with not being a huge fan of Rogue One.

But I keep hearing really good things about it, so I'm thinking I might have to give it a shot.

@Cosmic Incubation I was exactly the same. And I resisted for a while simply because I just needed a break. I can wholeheartedly say though I am so glad I watched it. It is literally light years ahead of anything Disney era Star Wars has done previously.

Because it's not like the Star Wars we know.

Give it a whirl when you're ready.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed