All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,924,128 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

This (the Andor tv show) was the first time that someone spoke in Spanish, in-universe, in STAR WARS? If not, excuse my ignorance as sometimes I'm very casual here lol  ;D

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

When was this?  Are you talking about the language his people spoke?

https://screenrant.com/andor-kenari-subtitles-no-translation-explained/

Prez

Prez

For someone who has been a diehard Star Wars nerd since the late 70s I think it's telling (to me personally) that I have no real need to see Andor straight away.

Bit fatigued - but it's nice to see the genuine positive buzz around it.

Highland

Highland

Only watched the first episode, not bad, well made, feels like Guy Ritchie took the cast of Snatch and made a Star Wards film. Either that or Cass actually in hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.

Will keep going with it, has potential.

Kradan

Highland

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Sep 23, 2022, 02:07:27 AMWhen Luke returns home and discovers his aunt and uncle have been murdered, there was one scorched skeleton facing up and another scorched skeleton facing down. Which scorched skeleton was Uncle Owen, and which was Aunt Beru?

http://scifimoviezone.com/imagestarwars/sw4script224.jpg

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/6/6e/Vaderguide.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20060614011138

No answer exists for Disney but this was the accompanying image on Wookiepedia for Legends continuity which is sourced to Topp's trading cards from 2011. Owen being the skeleton in the back and Beru being the skeleton in the front facing down based on positions in the artwork. I'm not sure which they are according to the film crew but this is the best I could come up with.

Supposedly the 1979 troop transport toy had a mini comic depicting the stormtroopers finding Owen and Beru, while I can find some images of this, I unfortunately can't find any imagery depicting Owen and Beru. So I can't compare it to the trading card artwork if they're depicted at all.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Highland on Sep 23, 2022, 12:49:24 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Sep 23, 2022, 12:28:39 PM
Quote from: Highland on Sep 23, 2022, 11:41:54 AMStar Wards

:D

That can be the medical series  8)

"- Doctor,doctor, we're losing this Wookie !"

- Quick, I need a medical droid immediately !"

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Of all the characters in Andor, the one I enjoyed the most so far was the chief inspector.  I thought he absolutely owned the scene he was in and wished he was the type of officer we'd seen leading the First Order in the sequel trilogy.

He even had the ANH-era standard-issue Imperial sideburns.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 24, 2022, 01:38:53 AMOf all the characters in Andor, the one I enjoyed the most so far was the chief inspector.  I thought he absolutely owned the scene he was in and wished he was the type of officer we'd seen leading the First Order in the sequel trilogy.

He even had the ANH-era standard-issue Imperial sideburns.

He was good, but I felt like he was sitting in Sanford police station.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1573366476383322112

Good interview with Gilroy. I think he definitely approached this show with the right mentality and it is definitely showing in the execution thus far.

Andor definitely isn't what I'd want everything Star Wars to function/feel like, but as this particular corner of the galaxy that it's carved out, I absolutely think it is successful so far. One of my biggest problems with Disney+ Star Wars shows to date has been the incredibly strict adherence to what came before at the complete expense of really innovating or shaking things up and showing up new perspectives on the world that actually feel different, and then along comes Andor like a breath of fresh air, playing on a sort of storytelling and the associated cinematic language that goes along with that to great effect.

I keep thinking back to that really great interview with Lucas and Filoni from a few years ago, for The Clone Wars' tenth anniversary I think it was, when they talk about how the real highlight of TCW was getting to use the Star Wars world to really mix up the formula and tell stories in styles that, on the surface, aren't inherently Star Wars but as a result end up really giving the world a lot more life that ends up feeling Star Wars regardless, and Andor is really swinging for that same sort of ideal here by playing within its own genre and stylistic conventions.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Pockets of my interest are fermenting. I know I am a broken record but... this has the tone of TSL.

Immortan Jonesy

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I have no problem with this news.  They did a great job with his voice in the Kenobi show, and the technology will only improve.

Kradan

Kradan

Kinda creepy tho

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed