All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,913,299 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I thought it just alright honestly, waiting to see where it goes, but I really don't care whether he wears the helmet or not- makes no difference in qualitative terms.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

For some reason I enjoy Temuera Morrison without a helmet more than Pedro Pascal doing the same thing. I must be biased through, cos I like him in the prequels. In addition, Pascal's voice sounds badass and combined with the helmet gives it a special charm. Wait! :-X

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I like what I'm seeing so far.

Spoiler
Finally we see him get out of the Sarlacc Pit.  :laugh:
[close]

Really looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Prez

Prez

Spoiler
As someone who has ROTJ as his all time favourite film the first 3 minutes of the Book of Boba was wonderful - I was literally transported back to that big ol cinema back in 1983. I like the setup of this show. I prefer these `smaller'' stories than the attempt to with the new films trying to one up the OT and PT even.
[close]
A

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Aye, when it comes to live-action, 'The Mandalorian' has been one of the best Star Wars experiences since Disney acquired the IP. Well that show ended up linking up with key characters from the main Star Wars plot anyway, including one of the most important ones  :laugh:

But much of the show was a clever exploration of those corners of the galaxy far, far away; which are not possible to explore (in live-action form) when the Clone Wars, with all their galactic-scale political intrigue, are happening. The same with the Galactic Civil War, both timelines with the Skywalker family at the center of everything.

I personally hope that 'The Book of Boba Fett' remains a small story.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 30, 2021, 02:09:32 AM
I personally hope that 'The Book of Boba Fett' remains a small story.

It won't and you know it

TilotnyWorshiper28

TilotnyWorshiper28

Crimson dawn's motif is literal in book's main theme  so yeah its not staying small

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

One of the things I liked the most about the first episode was  ;D

Spoiler
the design of the monster at the end. There is something very classic about it. On the one hand it reminds me of the Kraken from Clash of the Titans (1981), and on the other it reminds me of the creatures from the in-universe Star Wars game Dejaik. 8)

[close]

Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Dec 30, 2021, 07:03:39 PM
Crimson dawn's motif is literal in book's main theme  so yeah its not staying small

Well, a certain important character couldn't come back cos...

Spoiler

But in Disney times anything is possible. After all..  :laugh:

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Boba Fett looks old as f**k for a 41-year old man.

Meanwhile, both Ming-Na Wen and Jennifer Beals are still smokin' at 58.

I think I already like this show more than The Mandalorian.  I just wish they'd use Fett's theme.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Well Bo-Katan is still smokin' at 54 years old. I guess bounty hunting is a complicated profesiĆ³n  :laugh:

That or aging in Star Wars doesn't make a lot of sense. For example Obi-Wan was born in 57 BBY, which means he's 57 in A New Hope. Alec Guiness was 62 when that movie was filmed.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I guess the men age faster in Star Wars.

Dachande

Dachande

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 31, 2021, 01:11:52 AM

Spoiler
To be fair, it looks like being inside the Sarlacc does a number on your skin
[close]

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Dachande on Dec 31, 2021, 02:43:26 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 31, 2021, 01:11:52 AM

Spoiler
To be fair, it looks like being inside the Sarlacc does a number on your skin
[close]

Spoiler
I know in legends Boba Fett had to have extensive medical treatments in order to prevent cancer because his metabolism was altered while he was inside the Sarlacc.

I don't expect it to be the exact same thing now, after all that's legends and the show is canon, but I do have a feeling that Boba is likely going through some sort of health problems, potentially long term, as a result of his time in the Sarlacc and he does seem pretty dependent on bacta at the moment.
[close]

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Kind in mind: this show takes place five years after ROTJ.

Spoiler
Was he supposed to have been living with the sand people all that time?  Has he been searching for his armor that long?
[close]

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Spoiler
Probably spent some down time in the Polynesian Spa at some point.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed