All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,920,913 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Fortunately not everyone read the order correctly...

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

god I love that gif.

SM

SM

Quote from: SiL on Feb 07, 2020, 10:52:55 AM
If anything he explained why that happened.

And even went further by having asking Rey if she expected him to go and take on the First Order all by himself with his laser sword.  Which is what many fans expected.  And what they ultimately got.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: SM on Feb 07, 2020, 09:09:17 PM
And what they ultimately got.

eeeeehhhhhhhhh
Was it though?

SM

SM

Well he did take on the entire First Order with his laser sword - just not in the way they hoped.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

...fair enough.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Feb 07, 2020, 09:26:27 PM
Well he did take on the entire First Order with his laser sword - just not in the way they hoped.

If he actually had, he would have died in the first salvo that the AT-ATs fired at him on Crait.  The prequels showed us that Jedi aren't immune to blasterfire.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Neither small weapons, let alone AT-AT's fire power.

razeak

razeak

It's all mishandled concerning Luke. I'll give Rian a bit of credit for the cinematography during Luke's last stand. It was beautiful

As for the 4th wall breaking ""what did you expect..." Angle, Rian knew accurately predicted the response.

Still bungled IMO because the set up lacked the core part of Luke and that's hope, not because he didn't swing his laser sword enough. For me that revalation came a few days after I saw the movie . While watching it I just wanted Luke to stop being a crabby douche. At least Luke found himself in the end. The twin sun ending was cool.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 07, 2020, 02:17:52 PM
Quote from: Highland on Feb 07, 2020, 01:49:57 PM
Quote from: SM on Feb 07, 2020, 10:44:47 AM
QuoteIf you are referring to "The Last Jedi", I'd agree with you. In terms of his character arc before TLJ, what he did in that film didn't make sense.

Rian Johnson didn't have Luke run away and hide while Snoke and the First Order rose to power.

George did though. With Obi Wan and Yoda.

Well to be fair, the Empire already had the power at that point, and had killed off practically all the Jedi.

Don't see the difference. Also I don't quite agree it was JJ that had Luke "run away and hide". He put him on an island with a secret map that lead to him.

Johnson then took that and turned it to fit his story which was running away and hiding.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: razeak on Feb 07, 2020, 10:25:34 PM
It's all mishandled concerning Luke. I'll give Rian a bit of credit for the cinematography during Luke's last stand. It was beautiful

Rian Johnson's pedigree is a couple of levels beyond than JJ Abrams style when it comes to shooting location & set pieces. The planet Crait is one of the most beautiful desert worlds I've ever seen in the Galaxy far far away. It is more elegant and original than Jakku for sure. I like the spaceship graveyard though. Back to TLJ, other places of interest are Ahch-To (although JJ Abrams has some credit for that) and Snoke's throne room.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Next trilogy i hope we get a throne room scene in every episode --

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 07, 2020, 10:01:07 PM
Quote from: SM on Feb 07, 2020, 09:26:27 PM

If he actually had, he would have died in the first salvo that the AT-ATs fired at him on Crait.  The prequels showed us that Jedi aren't immune to blasterfire.

Yep.

Highland

Highland

I agree Johnson's movie is the best looker and the closest to original designs.

Ironically, if you judge them on everything but story , it's probably the best one. If it doesn't have the weird sub plot and mental plot holes, it's good.

I'd like to see someone cut the three together and only include the Jedi stuff. Thought about doing it myself.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Highland on Feb 08, 2020, 01:31:14 AMIronically, if you judge them on everything but story , it's probably the best one. If it doesn't have the weird sub plot and mental plot holes, it's good.

It's still a bit shit though, right?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed