All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,905,246 times)

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: SM on Jun 20, 2018, 10:05:55 PM
The rain, like the Falcon dice, was an illusion.

It wasn't an illusion. It was real rain.

SM

SM

An illusion - from a certain point of view.  Specifically, Rens.

Ingwar

Ingwar

I cannot agree with you. It was real rain. That's all it was. They wanted to show that using Force to connect with others can lead to certain anomalies like experiencing somebody else's environment in such connection. Unfortunately it doesn't make sense because when she shot at him he didn't feel anything. I'm not saying he should have died but at least he should have felt something. They added new Force ability and they already broke it withing the same movie.

And to be honest I wouldn't mind that lack of inconsistency if this movie was at least good. Apart of those little things that annoy me TLJ is just badly made flick.

SM

SM

I cannot agree with you.

He reacts as if he's been shot - but he's not going to get killed by a blaster bolt that doesn't exist.  Same as how Luke never touches him during their duel at the end so as to preserve the illusion.

Ingwar

Ingwar

He's reaction might have been just psychological. Subconsciousness reflex not real pain or ache.

If he reacts as if he's been shot "for real" then you're right and I'm wrong because I'm not gonna argue with undisputed argument. Have to see it again.

Quote from: Highland on Jun 21, 2018, 03:02:13 AM
What's the hyperbol though? All of the criticism I see here is completely legitimate. The humour, the pacing, the character development. It's real criticism.

If they avoided that distracting humour this movie could have been at least mediocre. Badly presented jokes are cheesy, bland and childish. The timing is off. Ehhh why?

Quote from: Highland on Jun 21, 2018, 03:47:14 AM
I'm not sure if it was preconceived notions only. I think it was also the version we did get. So I can go in with an open mind, but go too far off course and it becomes jarring.

I found (like others) the lightsaber toss particularly uncomfortable and that's the first action Luke has in the entire series. That's literally the 40 year wait scene.

Jedi wouldn't have done anything like this. Not Luke for sure. Again, it meant to be funny but it wasn't.

Highland

Highland

He's probably just not very good at timing. The jokes are standard light laugh jokes, but they seem to be misplaced.

The lightsaber for one, there's also the droid crashing into the wall in the big tense scene with Snoke and also the lightsaber hitting Rey's head. So for me it's not that the jokes are super bad (cause let's face it, it always had shit jokes), it's that they've been plunked in places where we are meant to be feeling tense or intrigued.

I guess an example would be imagine if Luke grabs his lightsaber after the tense scene with the emperor and he's watching his friends die, but instead of Darth Vader stopping it, it flys around the room and hits him in the arse. 

SiL

SiL

QuoteJedi wouldn't have done anything like this.
They'll turn to the dark side, murder children, and help install dictators, but would they ever become disenfranchised and discard a Jedi weapon? Of course not, that would be silly.

::)

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: SiL on Jun 21, 2018, 07:26:09 AM
QuoteJedi wouldn't have done anything like this.
They'll turn to the dark side, murder children, and help install dictators, but would they ever become disenfranchised and discard a Jedi weapon? Of course not, that would be silly.

::)

Yeah but he hasn't turned into the Dark Side. Do not twist things around.

Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

SiL isn't saying he has. He's saying it's silly to assume a Jedi won't become disenfranchised and discard a Jedi weapon when Jedi have done far worse things in the films.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Jun 21, 2018, 10:13:11 AM
SiL isn't saying he has. He's saying it's silly to assume a Jedi won't become disenfranchised and discard a Jedi weapon when Jedi have done far worse things in the films.

Jedi who does horrible things is not a Jedi. That person becomes Sith or is simply not Jedi anymore.

Luke hasn't become Sith, therefore his reaction was inappropriate. If I'm not mistaken he tossed lightstaber given to him by Obi-Wan, his first teacher. That sucks, doesn't it? Besides, if he didn't care about Jedi then why did he wear Jedi robe and live for few years on island where Jedi Temple and the Tree Library of sacred Jedi texts was locate? To protect it? He wasn't bothered.

Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

Quote from: Ingwar on Jun 21, 2018, 10:28:28 AM
Jedi who does horrible things is not a Jedi. That person becomes Sith or is simply not Jedi anymore.

Uhhh....No.

(Also, Obi-Wan and Yoda manipulated Luke into unknowingly attempting to murder his father. Just sayin'...)

Highland

Highland

The lightsaber that called to Rey, to help her find super secret Luke Skywalker via secret map, who doesn't want to be found by lightsaber or map and doesn't believe in the Jedi on the Jedi sacred text island.

Wowee, wuts happinin lol

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Jun 21, 2018, 10:44:47 AM
Quote from: Ingwar on Jun 21, 2018, 10:28:28 AM

Uhhh....No.

https://i.imgur.com/OfZfWVs.gif

(Also, Obi-Wan and Yoda manipulated Luke into unknowingly attempting to murder his father. Just sayin'...)

When he did that he surrendered himself to the Dark Side. He started becoming Sith.

Yeah, to murder his father who was evil being responsible for genocide and so on. Nothing wrong about that. Jedi has to kill when necessary.

SM

SM

QuoteJedi who does horrible things is not a Jedi. That person becomes Sith or is simply not Jedi anymore.

Anakin murdered a whole tribe of Sand People before being elevated to Jedi Knight and hero of the Clone Wars.

The entire Jedi order allowed the Sith to take over the Republic.

You're applying your own ideas about what you think should be, rather than what is.

Ingwar

Ingwar

I know what he did. What I'm saying is that he was already becoming Sith. He was weak. Luke wasn't.

Jedi order allowed Sith to take over the Republic because they were naive. Besides, why are we even talking about this? I just said that Luke tossing lightstaber, given to him by Obi-Wan in the past, was something that real Luke wouldn't have done. This Luke in TLJ isn't Luke. It's his parody. Cheap joke.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed