The Dark Knight Trilogy

Started by Sci, May 13, 2007, 09:19:38 AM

Author
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Read 2,610,572 times)

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Not 8 years after Batman Begins, 8 years after the The Dark Knight. And the source was an interview with Christopher Nolan himself.

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Ah I see and TDK begins immediatly right after BB right? So TDKR roughly starts almost 10 years after BB?

** At the end of BB, Wayne gets the Joker card from the police Captain, I think TDK events occur maybe a few weeks to a month after Batman Begins.

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Yeah, I think there's a passing of a few months between BB and TDK but don't quote me on it.

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

Is there going to be a comic-tie or another movie to fill us in during the 8-10 years or so in-between movies? Surely Batman is doing something during that good chunk of time. I mean, that is unless he is in hiding or "laying low". Banes arrival forces him to come out right?

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Lt. Mike Harrigan on Dec 30, 2011, 07:15:20 PM
Yeah, I think there's a passing of a few months between BB and TDK but don't quote me on it.

About a year passed between BB and TDK.

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Dec 30, 2011, 07:22:36 PM
Is there going to be a comic-tie or another movie to fill us in during the 8-10 years or so in-between movies? Surely Batman is doing something during that good chunk of time. I mean, that is unless he is in hiding or "laying low". Banes arrival forces him to come out right?

Nolan said Bruce has been frozen in time since TDK. What I take from that is that he has been Batman for the last 8 years, but has progressed very little in terms of his growth. Nothing big has happened in that time, and he has been going through the motions.

MykeHavoc

MykeHavoc

Quote from: Lt. Mike Harrigan on Dec 30, 2011, 07:15:20 PM

Joker: "Let's wind these clocks back A YEAR..."

So yeah, it's fair to say six months or so.

Assuming that the film tells us what happens in the span of the 8 years, there would be no need or point. We will get a reboot after this. Simple as that. I'm fine with that. Excited to see what direction it will go. But for now, just give me DKR!

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Possibly flashbacks, like in Batman Begins?

I was trying to figure out the significance of the small new scene shot with Gordon saying that Dent was his friend, and that it will be a long time before somebody else inspires us as he did. I know, obviously, that it will be brought up later in the story with Bane, but, was there any point in actually adding that scene at the beginning - and, I think that it's supposed to show that the scene with Bane on the plane in the TDKR prologue is happening during the final events of TDK.

In the finished film, this scene could then cut forward 8 years, and show Bruce having given up being Batman, and Bane having control over the city. And, in flashbacks, we see the eight years past - showing Bane beaten Batman to a pulp, and see Bruce in that prison-like place. All that would be shown in flashbacks, and, just like in Batman Begins, once all the flashbacks have been shown to us, about half way through the film, we will then have a perfect idea of what has transpired in that time, and where we are at at the main point in the film - so, in a small amount of time we can then see Bruce return as Batman, and go back at Bane - now with a new vehicle, new gadgetry, and ready!

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

I like that idea and it could easily work, but for some reason I keep on thinking that they are going to take a more linear approach in the story structure of the film in this one.

MykeHavoc

MykeHavoc

Quote from: Michael Harper on Dec 30, 2011, 08:06:51 PM

Possibly flashbacks, like in Batman Begins?

I was trying to figure out the significance of the small new scene shot with Gordon saying that Dent was his friend, and that it will be a long time before somebody else inspires us as he did. I know, obviously, that it will be brought up later in the story with Bane, but, was there any point in actually adding that scene at the beginning - and, I think that it's supposed to show that the scene with Bane on the plane in the TDKR prologue is happening during the final events of TDK.

In the finished film, this scene could then cut forward 8 years, and show Bruce having given up being Batman, and Bane having control over the city. And, in flashbacks, we see the eight years past - showing Bane beaten Batman to a pulp, and see Bruce in that prison-like place. All that would be shown in flashbacks, and, just like in Batman Begins, once all the flashbacks have been shown to us, about half way through the film, we will then have a perfect idea of what has transpired in that time, and where we are at at the main point in the film - so, in a small amount of time we can then see Bruce return as Batman, and go back at Bane - now with a new vehicle, new gadgetry, and ready!

Would be great, and would go with the whole "coming full circle" idea we've heard this film is supposed to be. I didn't even really think of it in this fashion after the very straight and linear story-telling of Dark Knight, but it certainly is a possibility. I remember how inspiring the origin story was in Batman Begins. If they can re-inspire me in Dark Knight Rises, I'd be more than pleased.

x2SMONEY

x2SMONEY

I remember in the DVD bonus feature in one of the episodes of Gotham Tonight they mentioned that the terrorist attack by The League took place nine months prior to the episode

KirklandSignature

KirklandSignature

I'm going to predict the tagline for the unevitable reboot, Its going to to be something like..

THE LEGEND REBORN.

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

It's going to be sad seeing this franchise come to an end, but I think that they are making a wise move ending it with the release of this new movie. Franchises with an endless stream of sequels tend to lose their energy and become tiresome.

MykeHavoc

MykeHavoc

Better to go out on top. No room to f**k it up, ya know?
Plus this gives the studio a chance to pass it off to other talented filmmakers and get some new takes on it. They now have a sense of what the public wants out the Batman franchise, and so long as they stay within certain parameters (treat the material with respect, don't dumb it down for kids, no camp etc.) then we should be just fine. Only once a "straight" Batman film bombs should we fear any major shift in tone.

csutkakoma

csutkakoma

QuoteIn the finished film, this scene could then cut forward 8 years, and show Bruce having given up being Batman,

I don't think it will happen. It would be out of Batman's character. He is a kind of person who will never given up being Batman. There is something else I am sure and knowing Nolan he will respect the comics and I don't really think he will do that with Bruce. Batman is Batman until he dies or getting old. He won't quit ever especially under those 8 years.

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Quote from: csutkakoma on Jan 01, 2012, 05:21:37 PM
QuoteIn the finished film, this scene could then cut forward 8 years, and show Bruce having given up being Batman,

I don't think it will happen. It would be out of Batman's character. He is a kind of person who will never given up being Batman.

Not willingly maybe but if he's actually incapable of being Batman because of an injury (say, a broken back), then that's a different story.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed