Aliens:Colonial Marines film adaption?

Started by Ccoletta86, Feb 25, 2008, 12:47:22 AM

Author
Aliens:Colonial Marines film adaption? (Read 7,510 times)

Chocolate man!

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Feb 25, 2008, 05:58:57 PM
Alien 3 and A:R, despite any views you may have, did add to the mythology of the creatures. Alien 3 solidified the idea that they take traits from their hosts. We also had a Queen chestburster, which confirmed that they are born from facehuggers as well.

A:R gave us a generation of Aliens with even more human characteristics, as well as the god awful Newborn.

AVP is the only film that gave us nothing new.

AVP actually did give us some very important information about the ALien's heistory.  Not including the comics, this showed that Predators hunt Aliens and that they've been doing so for quite a while.  Predator 2 did hint at them being hunted, but didn't really say for how long, plus, some wouldn't include Predator 2 as a film in the same universe as Alien.

AVPR (I know no one has said that this didn't ass anything new yet, but I know someone will) added the Predalien, a new reproductive system and showed us that Aliens can grow into Queens.

Master

Quotenew reproductive system and showed us that Aliens can grow into Queens.
Actually Bros should be castrated for such revelations.

Chocolate man!

Quote from: Master on Feb 25, 2008, 08:20:47 PM
Quotenew reproductive system and showed us that Aliens can grow into Queens.
Actually Bros should be castrated for such revelations.

Whether you liked it or not is irrelivent, the fact that it showed us those things proves that AVPR actually did introduce something.

Master

It introduced something illogical and completly unnecessary. Such introductions are not needed.

SM

SM

And only apply to AvP films anyway AFAIC.

QuoteSequels and side stories are similar to their predecessors but aren't the same.  If this took place after Hicks, Ripley, and Newts death.. it wouldn't be a remake or the same.  It would be a movie about a side story we have never heard of.

Odds on it's be the same plot though.  Cocky marines take on Aliens and get mostly pwned, then have to hold the Aliens off while they effect an escape.  And chuck in a big nuclear explosion for good measure.

Cellien

Quote from: SM on Feb 25, 2008, 11:04:15 PM

QuoteSequels and side stories are similar to their predecessors but aren't the same.  If this took place after Hicks, Ripley, and Newts death.. it wouldn't be a remake or the same.  It would be a movie about a side story we have never heard of.

Odds on it's be the same plot though.  Cocky marines take on Aliens and get mostly pwned, then have to hold the Aliens off while they effect an escape.  And chuck in a big nuclear explosion for good measure.

I'd agree with that..  Although, it's not impossible to make something new out of it.

Chocolate man!

Quote from: SM on Feb 25, 2008, 11:04:15 PM

1-  what does AFAIC stand for?
2- AVP films are cannon, like it or not

SM

SM

AvP films are canon (with one 'n') with other AvP films As Far As I'm Concerned.

gameoverman

I don't want any new info on the alien, but I would like to see more of the future world and how the corporations and people work, etc.  The coolest thing about the alien series was showing us how ordinary people live in the future, and cool sci-fi ideas like colonies on other planets, people working on spaceships and prison planets and so on.  Aliens are not always the sole threat in the alien universe.

Chocolate man!

Quote from: SM on Feb 26, 2008, 05:59:35 AM
AvP films are canon (with one 'n') with other AvP films As Far As I'm Concerned.

Oh, I see.  Well, I understand that you may wish to believe that, but in the end, that's just pretending something that's not true.  AVP is canon with ALien and Predator films, deal with it.

Master

It depends. With such amount of bullshitness we can easily separate it from canon.

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Master on Feb 26, 2008, 09:23:11 AM
It depends. With such amount of bullshitness we can easily separate it from canon.

i agree....

Cellien

It's tough to decide where to draw the line.  Sure, a Street Fighter clone with strange Aliens and Predator characters I wouldn't consider canon, but a game like Aliens: Colonial Marines where it's obvious the story is a major part of the experience..I'd consider it canon, especially if it explains things that were never said before.  Same goes for AvP movies.  It's all in the same universe, supposedly.

SM

SM

QuoteIt depends. With such amount of bullshitness we can easily separate it from canon.

Quite.

It's genesis is from a comic and I don't consider them canon either.

Xhan

Canon is determined by the beholder; if X says Y is not canon, to X it is not. Period. No amount of arguing on the interwebs is going to change that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed