Preview first impressions.

Started by Xhan, Feb 18, 2008, 09:50:02 AM

Author
Preview first impressions. (Read 8,120 times)

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: Xhan on Feb 18, 2008, 11:25:41 PM
We've still got the old threads going on over at GB, Spag.

I happy everything is starting to liven up over there. We've been eating bread crumbs for too long.

Andrew127

Andrew127

Quote from: sambomambo on Feb 18, 2008, 04:01:29 PM
someone post scans you bastards!!!!

That just made my day.

Xhan

Xhan

You do realize they've already stated they'll be releasing news in Europe as well, yes?

gameoverman

gameoverman

Just wondering will you be able to choose your squad members from the start or are they pre-selected?  I would definitely like it if it were like Ghost Recon and you had a bunch of people with different weapons/stats to choose from.

Xhan

Xhan

They have announced anything like that yet, and gist of the article is that you be playing the marine with the most vital skills for the particular mission.

SM

SM

I'm getting a bit of a Republic Commando vibe, but one where you'll actually play as different marines on different levels rather than only giving them orders.

Xhan

Xhan

which reeks of win.

SM

SM

As long as it's longer than RC.

wieder

wieder

Quote from: gameoverman on Feb 20, 2008, 07:01:39 AM
Just wondering will you be able to choose your squad members from the start or are they pre-selected?  I would definitely like it if it were like Ghost Recon and you had a bunch of people with different weapons/stats to choose from.

As is mentioned in the article, the single player/co-op game is very story oriented. If you've read about who the writers are then you know just how important the story is to us. So given the priorities customized members of the squad isn't really a viable option... at least not with the elements contained within the story.

Just like how in the movies everything about the marine defined their role in the story, that's the same goal with our characters. The Drake/Vasquez relationship isn't the same if one is a pulse rifle wielding medic and the other is a smart gunner with an antique shotgun. Even Hicks' shotgun as his secondary weapon is a part of who he is and plays a role in the story.

Though... notice that the article says "generally" you won't be switching weapons.  8)

Xhan

Xhan

speaking of which, Charlie, IF you do implement a certain other element of THAT franchise into this one, IE motion blur, I WILL make the seven hour drive to Plano with a crow bar and shotgun. Blacksite: Area 51 made it abundantly clear how shitty  and headache inducing motion blur is.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed