Aliens RPG*Ideas

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 06:54:49 PM

Author
Aliens RPG*Ideas (Read 37,792 times)

Darkfire

Darkfire

Yeah being a jockey or seeing a live 1 would be fun

So the game is supposed to be like KOTOR?

I think this game might be short since aliens can't be everywhere.unlees there is some jockey plot like them using there bio-engineer xenomorphs.To destroy earth and the yautja homeplanet.

Anyhow i would say this should be a fun game

livin_target

livin_target

Quote from: Darkfire on Aug 06, 2007, 10:36:24 PM

So the game is supposed to be like KOTOR?

I think this game might be short since aliens can't be everywhere.unlees there is some jockey plot like them using there bio-engineer xenomorphs.To destroy earth and the yautja homeplanet.

Hopefully the game will be more like Vampire the masquarade bloodlines (I love kotor but I think the gameplay from VTMB suits the aliens universe more, although I wouldn't mind having a party following the PC around).

I wouldn't really worry about how widescale the aliens infestation is, as there have been a number of successful RPGs that didn't take you across the solar system (VTMB was about as long as KOTOR and it took place in a single city, each of the baldur's gate games were much longer than KOTOR and they both took place in small regions of the fictional universe they're based in)

Darkfire

Darkfire

well i know that its just LV-426 handlys hope is not huge it is actually prety small according to AVP 1 game.If that was the same complex just redone and besides you can't fight aliens forever it does not take long to find a queen unless it's in someone.

well i don't care as long as the alien newborn is not in it i though that was THE dumbest alien idea ever

Alien Warrior

Alien Warrior

Heh,heh, We all know that the Aliens are gonna kick SERIOUS ASS!!!

Hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss......in space, no one can hear you scream.....

Alien Warrior

Alien Warrior

Quote from: Darkfire on Aug 09, 2007, 08:29:56 PM
well i know that its just LV-426 handlys hope is not huge it is actually prety small according to AVP 1 game.If that was the same complex just redone and besides you can't fight aliens forever it does not take long to find a queen unless it's in someone.

well i don't care as long as the alien newborn is not in it i though that was THE dumbest alien idea ever

I agree with the queen idea. When you see Aliens, a queen is sure to be around somewhere.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The ability to start new hives would be cool. Egg morphing anyone?

Alien Warrior

Alien Warrior

Ok, one question. Do we know if we are gonna get to play as the Aliens?

livin_target

livin_target

Quote from: Alien Warrior on Aug 15, 2007, 11:55:49 AM

To my knowledge, not much has been announced yet so no one knows who/what you'll be able to play. I'm gonna have to go against the crowd and say that I don't want to play as an alien in the RPG (but in the fps game I definately do). I just don't see how things such as dialogue trees or npcs could be handled effectively from an alien's perspective and I would rather that obsidian concentrate on creating a solid RPG told from one perspective than try to throw everything in and not be able to finish it ([rant]still annoyed they didn't finish kotor 2 [/rant]).

SlashZaku

SlashZaku

Quote from: Alien Warrior on Aug 15, 2007, 11:55:49 AM

Would be nice but probably not.  As the poster above me said, there wouldn't really be much in the way of dialog.  As a Marine, you can specialize in certain areas and have AI controlled squad mates.

Length would probably depend on how big the planet/installation is.  It would be nice to have 2 hives so you could have a 3 way war going.

Darkfire

Darkfire

yeah since aliens can only have one queen unless there hive to to huge and they need a new one.that is a good idea as long as there is NO human bioeningered aliens like in extition those where WORSE then alien newborn

Rotaderp

Rotaderp

Are there cutomizible characters or weapons.Does anyone have any photos/screenshots.If im posting in the wrong place or have really missed something my apologies.

Seconds From Greatness

Seconds From Greatness

Would this game be an online game for multiplayer. I think that would be tremendous.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

I feel that an aliens RPG should be free roaming like Olblivian, and you could be like a Company man who has good character and speech skill...but also sabatage to get alien lifeforms, or you could be a Marine whos good in combat but has bad social skills, or a lowly colonist whos smart and faster but also weaker than other Character classes....then you could be facehugged on a planet or while youre adventuring then turn into a warrior alien that gains speed and strength from yuore human but loses everything else. So youd have to go threw the entire life stanges of an alien then eventually you wuold become an adult alien with head ridges or something...
Good idea huh? 8)

Darth_Spud

Darth_Spud

I could never get into RPG's I always went for the instant action of FPS's, I guess its all the talking involved and the usual 40+ hours of game play. Well I was told by a geriatric once that I'm "MTV Generation  8)" - short attention span!

Each to his own I suppose.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

I love RPG's. Although i am a very involved gamer. I think RPG's are right behind FPS's!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed