*** If John McTiernan directed Aliens, what would it be like?***

Started by nicky, Feb 10, 2008, 09:28:03 AM

Author
*** If John McTiernan directed Aliens, what would it be like?*** (Read 2,901 times)

nicky

I think it would be more like the first film focussing more on the suspense and mystery like he did on Predator. I don't think he'd handle a female heroine all that well though as his own films are very masculine.

Dark Passenger

Quote from: nicky on Feb 10, 2008, 09:28:03 AM
I think it would be more like the first film focussing more on the suspense and mystery like he did on Predator. I don't think he'd handle a female heroine all that well though as his own films are very masculine.

i dont think it would turn out as good as camerons aliens, predator was a lucky once in a chance movie...

SiL

Quote from: Cloverfield Monster on Feb 10, 2008, 09:33:44 AM
i dont think it would turn out as good as camerons aliens, predator was a lucky once in a chance movie...
Die Hard said otherwise.

nicky

Exactly. I don't think McT fluked it with Predator at all - if you give him a decent script, cast and crew he'll turn out a good film.

Dark Passenger

james cameron has proved multiple times that his movies arent flukes..

nukem11

Quote from: SiL on Feb 10, 2008, 09:35:27 AM
Quote from: Cloverfield Monster on Feb 10, 2008, 09:33:44 AM
Die Hard said otherwise.

And

The Thomas Crown Affair (1999)
The 13th Warrior (1999)
Die Hard: With a Vengeance (1995)
Last Action Hero (1993)
Medicine Man (1992)
The Hunt for Red October

It would have been good but a different style and more than likely not as good as Camerons because he was in his hayday back then on top form.

Aeus

I reckon he would have made a better action movie.

Newsfop

McTiernan wouldn't have shown as much of the creatures. He would have simplified the story so that most of the focus was on the humans. I don't think he would have relied so much on miniatures to set the scene on LV-426. He would've just filmed the story in a labyrinth of back alleys somewhere. You wouldn't have the queen or any further notion of the alien hierarchy at all. You may know even less than you would from the first film. In the Predator commentary, McTiernan said he thought the idea of fighting on the Predator's ship was ridiculous.

wmmvrrvrrmm

maybe a number of the actors would all have physiques where they looked as if they were competing for muscle size with Arnold Schwarzenegger, but I'm sure that McTiernen would have had an interesting new alien monster. he knows a great and a rubbish alien monster when he sees one, and we wouldn't have been complaining about lack of fun personailities in the characters, and well these last two points are major concerns. Whether it would have been better than Cameron's movie is not for me to know, but Cameron but more input over the design aspect. McTiernen didn't know what his Predator would look like until he received it and said "no way!", but one thing about McTiernen, he had enough of a solid standing point to have another alien monster, and in the end Stan Winston who provided the monsters for Aliens turned out with the alien creature for Predator. But, I didn't like Winston's own designs sketches for an alien queen, they looked all wrong

Jango1201

YIPEEKIYAY MOTHAF*CKA!!!!

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Jango1201 on Feb 13, 2008, 05:41:24 AM

hell, even the aliens would be throwing out one-liners...

wmmvrrvrrmm

oh heck, he directed Last Action Hero , it was a better film than I expected but...

Jango1201

Quote from: Cloverfield Monster on Feb 13, 2008, 09:33:06 AM
Quote from: Jango1201 on Feb 13, 2008, 05:41:24 AM

hell, even the aliens would be throwing out one-liners...

"Hisssssssss.... GERANAMO MOTHAF*CKA HISSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!"

Andrew127

Thinking about it I would love to see McTinernan do another Predator film, or Alien film or AVP film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed