AVP-REDEMPTION short film

Started by alexpj19, Feb 08, 2008, 03:30:00 AM

Author
AVP-REDEMPTION short film (Read 327,096 times)

SiL

SiL

No-one's saying that.

predator118

predator118

if i remember in aliens gorman went kamikaze with vasquez so he might of got the idea from that, has anyone thought of that?

zeppelinrox

zeppelinrox

I heard about this edit at the forums at fanedit.org.

I really enjoyed this alot.
I wasn't expecting alot but exceeded expectations and it's just a whole lot of fun to watch.

You guys that over analyze everything will have a hard time enjoying anything.

Anyway, I was able to download the 3 youtube flvs which seem to be better quality, at 720x480.
The syncing problem is probably because parts 1 and 2 are at 29.919 fps while part 3 is 29.970.
Hence, the syncing issue when I tried combining all 3 into 1 file.

When joining them together with avidemux, I was able to change the fps of parts 1 and 2 to 29.970 without changing the running time. This way I could keep the original audio and hopefully eliminate further syncing issues.
I also cropped out the black bars of all 3 parts and deleted the introductions of parts 2 and 3 so it's all seemless, just like the full version at vimeo.

After joining everything, the end mp4 was still slightly out of sync, but when merged to MKV it came out perfect.

So, the result:

AVP Redemption.mkv
176 MB, 22mn 12s
Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 720x384 29.97fps, 1000 Kbps
Audio: AAC 44100Hz stereo, 108 Kbps

The audio is original and the video bitrate is slightly higher than the original youtube clips (800~900 Kbps) because I didn't want to lose any quality.

You can download from MegaUpload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PDH270EM

May be viewable it at megavideo: http://www.megavideo.com/?d=PDH270EM (MV automatically converts videos upped to MU after a couple of days but the quality is diminished)

At fanedit.info, you can also download a fanedit called AvP Outbreak (by Wraith), which is really good.
If you do get it, download the avi file at MU and not the mp4 at rapidshare, as the avi has much better, DVD quality video along with 5.1 AC3 audio.

Edit: Actually, if Alex doesn't like my posting this, I can remove it.

alexpj19

alexpj19

Guys kamikaze idea was all mine, i never read the leaked script, didn't want the spoilers, plus i shot my scene way before the script got out, its just a coincidence :)

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: alexpj19 on Jul 31, 2010, 11:48:36 PM
Guys kamikaze idea was all mine, i never read the leaked script, didn't want the spoilers, plus i shot my scene way before the script got out, its just a coincidence :)
I know, that's why it's hilarious!

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Damn straight.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Everyone loves a good conspiracy.

Or in this case, a really bad conspiracy.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

It's August already?!

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

alexpj19

alexpj19

Still waiting for the response from FOX, my agent sent them a copy of DVD, hopefully they are deciding :)

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: alexpj19 on Aug 06, 2010, 03:30:22 AM
Still waiting for the response from FOX, my agent sent them a copy of DVD, hopefully they are deciding :)

Good Luck!   :)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: alexpj19 on Aug 06, 2010, 03:30:22 AM

What exactly went on when you met with them?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just remember, Alex, when you get to do a proper AvP, ensure the Aliens are treated well.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 15, 2010, 11:19:21 AM
Just remember, Alex, when you get to do a proper AvP, ensure the Aliens are treated well.

This.

Make us proud!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Aug 15, 2010, 09:18:39 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 15, 2010, 11:19:21 AM

This.

Make us proud!

Agreed. I hope to see you work on some more AVP soon! :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed