Why YET ANOTHER FPS??!!! What could be different?! It's time for 3rd person FFS

Started by nicky, Feb 06, 2008, 11:50:07 AM

Author
Why YET ANOTHER FPS??!!! What could be different?! It's time for 3rd person FFS (Read 10,078 times)

xenomorph36

i kind of wish the game would be like gears of war.

Zero

Yes,we need atleast some hybrids if they have multiplayer.Actually put animals on battlefields to get hybrids.Oh yeah,something to  stop sk's

SM

Alien Resurrection for PS was supposed to be third person.  They changed it for reasons already mentioned - more tension in a FPS.

Ccoletta86

Gears of War is a pretty badass 3rd person shooter!, it could of worked for A:CM

Gonarhxus

Aliens Vs Predator Requiem for the PSP is in 3rd person. Predator Concrete Jungle is also in 3rd person.

SiL

Quote from: SM on Feb 11, 2008, 06:53:26 AM
Alien Resurrection for PS was supposed to be third person.  They changed it for reasons already mentioned - more tension in a FPS.
I liked that game. It took me a while to realise that moving while shooting was a good idea.

Call's laser was fun. Lopping off Alien limbs with unlimited ammo was more entertaining than the entirety of the movie itself.

Stalker

First-person games have a much more tense atmosphere than others. If you had a 3rd person camera, you would be able to see the aliens sneaking up on you too easily, & would detract greatly from the experience. Plus, it really makes you feel much more like the character you're playing when viewing the world through their eyes.

Master

Third person Alien game would be a good idea. If it was made like Gears of War, R4 or Hitman then call me in.

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Master on Feb 20, 2008, 12:32:35 PM
Third person Alien game would be a good idea. If it was made like Gears of War, R4 or Hitman then call me in.

it would be alright for squad gameplay but not good if ya want intense atmosphere...

Master

In Hitman, atmosphere was as thick as xenos exoskeleton.

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Master on Feb 20, 2008, 01:12:55 PM
In Hitman, atmosphere was as thick as xenos exoskeleton.

if going by avp-r's exoskeletons, that musnt be very thick...

Master

You know exactly  about which exoskeleton I`m takling about.

Stalker

Many 3rd person games have great atmosphere, & can even be scary, as proved long ago with the Resident Evil & Silent Hill series. But in a game of this type, 1st person works even better for the scares & tension. After all, would games like Doom 3 have been half as nerve-racking with a 3rd person camera angle?

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Master on Feb 20, 2008, 01:19:23 PM
You know exactly  about which exoskeleton I`m takling about.

do i?

Master

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed