The flintloack pistol in Predator 2

Started by Yautja, Dec 12, 2006, 05:54:49 PM

Author
The flintloack pistol in Predator 2 (Read 10,078 times)

Yautja

Yautja

A while back I came across some interesting info on a Predator fansite about the name Raphael Adolini 1715, which was engraved onto the flintloack pistol that the Eldar gave Harrigan at the end of Predator 2.

" According to a Dark Horse story Predator: 1718, which features in Decade of Dark Horse #1 (of 4) and the collected edition Decade: A Dark Horse Short Story Collection TPB, the pistol was a trophy taken by a Yautja who hunted a band of pirates in 1718. "

" As the story goes: dropping anchor at an island in Guinea in 1718, the Captain of the small band of pirates suddenly faced mutiny over a stolen case of gold which was destined for a church. The Captain wanted the gold returned, much to the anger of his crew who turned against him. In the following battle, a watching Predator joined the fray and fought back-to-back with the Captain - attacking the rebellious crew with an extendable sword.
In the climactic scene, with the crew dead and the Predator and Captain about to battle mano a mano, the Captain is suddenly shot in the back by the last member of his crew, who was in hiding. Denied his trophy, the Predator angrily blasts the final crewman to hell. With his dying breath, the Captain whispers 'take it...' to the Predator, throwing him his beautifully engraved pistol. With the Captain dead, the Predator takes a moment to think about this battle - and with some curious respect, leaves the dead Captain his extendable sword... 'Take it.'
The final scene sees what looks like a shooting star moving across the evening sky, far above a now silent island - and a pirate ship in the bay, never to leave anchor again. "

CELTICPRED

Wow, nice find.  I've always speculated on the source of the pistol, it's a neat little backstory.

Mr. Weyland

Cool, good story, I wanna see that comic, i might try and find it sometime.  ;D

Deathwing.

download it from here:

http://planet-yautja.com/Descargas.html

go to comics and search for Predator1718 and click in descargar...

Yautja

I downloaded the file and extracted it, but cant seem to open it with anything.

Deathwing.

Quote from: Yautja on Dec 13, 2006, 01:23:09 AM
I downloaded the file and extracted it, but cant seem to open it with anything.

i forget tell u that u need to download the program with * to see all the comics

The Ultimate Predator

Where's the *?

Deathwing.

the letters grey behind all comics............

................or better search in google Cdisplay

jordan

Wait a minute, this is the same as Rodriguez' script...

uhhhhh

Yeah lol

that would make a really, really awesome movie though, as the pred gets to live (and "win"), and it has a really nice tie-in with pred 2, as well as providing a fantastic backstory, etc.

The Ultimate Predator

I agree. Woulda been awesome, and Rodriguez' directing it would have been brilliant to.

0PIY

0PIY

i like the whole "take it" thing... thats awsome!

deezl

deezl

no crap i always wondered what the whole story behind that was, i wasnt sure if it was more there for the date to prove that they had run in s wiht humans before or whatever. clears alot up now though

SonOfTheDark

It's a nice backstory, but a little bit short. Very interesting ending, would like to see something like that in a 3rd movie. The Pred would "win" for the first time, but with honor ;D

I think the Pred ships can go underwater, so it would be cool if the Pred follows one pirate ship and kills one after the other, like in the first film, and takes the bodies with him.

ButtZilla

Very cool!!!! Sounds like a fantastic script for a fan movie!! Would be cool if made real.  ;D

I love it. Ties all the things you wanna know from P2, excellent!

Guess Anderson didn't find this bit when he started with avp... or put this in predator 3 some how.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed