Predator Turnabout

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 05, 2007, 08:49:30 AM

Author
Predator Turnabout (Read 33,884 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think it's quite possibly the best cover yet. It's fantastic.

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

Cool, another Predator vs. Bear match.

Yautja

Yautja

Dammit, that cover could have been brilliant. If only the Predator didnt look so much like the one from AvP, cause I bloody hate that AvP Pred.

SiL

SiL

That guy really needs to learn to start painting other designs. So far all he's done is the avP designs for both creatures.

Otherwise, funky fresh!

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

One of these days someone will have to tell me why they hate the AVP Pred's appearance so much, and how it is so different from other Predators, for that matter.

The cover art really catches the adrenaline of the post-kill moment and the light fog strongly accents the environment in which these scene takes place.  My only complaint is that even leaving space for title and author, the upper portions of the work seems a bit bare.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I love this. This is easily one of my favorite novel covers for A or P.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Perry posted this on his blog...I don't like it. I hope it's just the scan but it looks really blurry.

Yautja

Yautja

Quote from: Noir-Gojira on Aug 04, 2007, 10:10:10 AM
One of these days someone will have to tell me why they hate the AVP Pred's appearance so much, and how it is so different from other Predators, for that matter.

Plain and simple, the face of the Pred in AvP looks like complete crap, he's to bulky, the dreads are to long, and I dont like the armor either. I just hate it, I really dont understand how people can like it.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Aug 03, 2007, 07:43:50 AM
Ah, that settles the stomach after seeing that Aliens cover in the other thread.

A nice merge of the AvP Predator with the better facial stylings of P1.

i thought the P2 pred had the coolest face

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

Quote from: Grums on Aug 04, 2007, 02:05:03 PM

Plain and simple, the face of the Pred in AvP looks like complete crap, he's to bulky, the dreads are to long, and I dont like the armor either. I just hate it, I really dont understand how people can like it.

'looks like crap' doesn't cut it, please specify would you?  Actually, the nude Predator dummy reveals that they are actually close to the same build as the previous Predators with the only real difference being slimmer abs and bigger pecs.  They appear bulky primarily because of their armor, a smaller-sized head, and longer dreads.  Yes, I admit the dreads are a bit long, but HEAVEN FORBID if all Predators should keep them the same length.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Their skin tones, the material the skin is actually made of.

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

Can't say I was actually against the material but yeah, it did make the Predator's skin seem drier and paler than before.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Steve Perry on the blurry cover:

Would it help to know that the Predator is being viewed through binoculars from fourteen hundred meters away? And that you can't focus on it and the background at the same time ... ?

SiL

SiL

...Nah, that's a pretty naff excuse.

happypred

happypred

The cover art really catches the adrenaline of the post-kill moment and the light fog strongly accents the environment in which these scene takes place.  My only complaint is that even leaving space for title and author, the upper portions of the work seems a bit bare.

well i'll tell you right now that the faces were done poorly compared to P1 and P2, and the bodies were too bulky, predators are supposed to be muscular but still lithe and agile (sorta like a big cat)...besides that the armor and weapons were all right

i guess in the end i had more issues with the way the predators moved in AvP, ponderous and ungainly

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed