SM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwNKyTktDIE

Like this?

Move yer bloomin' arse!!!

SiL

SiL

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 20, 2010, 03:18:03 AM
Your standard London variety.
I cannot listen to my cousins talking without taking the piss out of them.

'Wan' a bo'(l)e of wa'er?'

Quotesexy female Austrailian accent
I live by the beach and the accent is not hot.

Except for a few girls at work.

Like, God damn. Srsly.

SM

SM

Maybe some guys dig on 'nasally whine'.

Takes all sorts.

SiL

SiL

It's when you get the non-nasal version. Much good.

Nasally whine is awful.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 20, 2010, 02:49:18 AM
English accents are hot.
Ah, they annoy me to no end  :P

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 20, 2010, 03:18:03 AM
Quote from: SM on May 20, 2010, 03:07:09 AM
Which one?

Your standard London variety.
"INNIT BLUD! YOU FACKIN' MENTULL!"

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Its amazing to me how different accents are in the states.  I can't understand a word anybody from Massachussets says to me.  Especially anybody from Boston.  I also struggle with the Jersey accent and some people from NY. 

Then there are alot of northern midwest states we deal with where it sounds like they are canadian.

Then hawaii (which you can understand seeing how its halfway across the world) where they just talk crazy.

Apparantly Kentuckian accents sound hilarious to Californians.  When we were in Cali flying to hawaii we entertained people by just talking. 

If I had money, I'd totally live in Hawaii though.  Broken ass language deficiencies or not.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Looking at the last few discussions in there I'm not anymore surprised about Accents paraphilias... :P

Keg

Keg

to say "I like the english accent" or "i dont like the english accent is meaningless anyway because even in such a relatively small country the variation in accents is huge. even where i live in the north east the accents from the 3 main towns and cities (Sunderland, Newcastle & Middlesbrough) are completely different and theyre all within 35 miles of each other. Newcastle and Sunderland are only 12 miles apart and the accent changes massively. to a southerner we probably all sound the same, but its like that for me on the other end of the coin. to me anybody from reading, london, luton, bedford all sound the same. Its just one massive southern accent to me. Clearly its not but bugger me if i can tell the difference.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Yeah, I read a book about the English language, and there are more accents in England than in the whole of English-speaking North America.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

In the US its not so much the accents that change but the words used in a regions dialect.

Different words have different values in different places.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The accents vary a great deal though. Similar as they may be, a South Carolinian doesn't sound the same as someone from Texas.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed