Most Badass Predator

Started by Cromartie, Jan 22, 2008, 03:04:04 PM

Which Do You Think Is The Most Badass Predator?

Predator 1 Pred
25 (35.7%)
Predator 2 Pred
11 (15.7%)
Scarface (Concrete Jungle)
16 (22.9%)
Scar
4 (5.7%)
Gill/Chopper
0 (0%)
Celtic
1 (1.4%)
AVP Elder
1 (1.4%)
Pred 2 Elder
4 (5.7%)
Wolf
42 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Author
Most Badass Predator (Read 14,338 times)

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 19, 2018, 04:00:15 AM
I hear what you're sayin. But at the same time, there must be something to wolf. He's the one who got the call, which means he's got status. And even though things grew terribly out of hand, he never called for backup. He just kept decimating all on his own. As for the strength of you're enemies thing, that goes both ways. Maybe if Wolf is the Aliens enemy, that means they were tougher than some think. Sakes alive, the first alien was a beast, and it was born from kane, who wasn't exactly an intimidating specimen. And the aliens still managed to wipe out a sizeable portion of a rather large town, and quickly.

And yeah, he didn't have to skin the officer, but maybe he knew anybody still alive to find the body wouldn't be alive much longer anyway. Or, more simply, he's just so good at what he does that he can stop and do what he wants sometimes. Like a touchdown celebration in the endzone. It's not necessary, it's not protocol, nor is it the smartest thing to do, but darn if it isn't fun for the one doing it.

In concept he is supposed to be badass but it doesn't turn out that which is why I have to disagree there, as while Wolf was indeed called in, and as I said, his background is supposed to show that he is this old veteran badass who has been there, done that etc...his actual actions in the movie do not demonstrate that, at least competently, it's basically what is called an "informed ability" where a character's background/known skills is X but it is not demonstrated or proven in the actual movie/show.

The very Aliens he was killing were horribly bad and weren't even fighting back in some cases (the sewer scene) and the only kills the Xenomorphs got were on (mostly) even stupider humans. The National guard scene could have been good but they were idiots. The Xenomorphs were terrible and useless thus Wolf proved nothing by killing such fodder, its like shooting fish in a barrel or taking on animal that is deformed or lame in someway.

The very fact Wolf didn't call in back up when the situation worsened beyond his control only shows he is an idiot, not brave or heroic. No matter how badass and experienced a soldier is, they would (or should) use logic first and call in back up if the situation's direness got beyond them and single one-at-a-time clean up became useless as a COA.

The strength of the enemies saying doesn't always work like that but if you want to make a case for going both ways then what the Aliens got as an enemy is an incompetent idiot who made a bad situation even worse, in fact, a lot of the Alien's kills were indirectly caused by Wolf i.e releasing them from the sewer in the first place and knocking out the power thus given them an advantage over the humans.
None the Aliens prove that they are tough, the two Aliens that actually land a hit on Wolf, is when he is not paying proper attention to his surroundings. The Aliens killing off the town isn't significant since the human characters behaved fairly stupidly and as I said, Wolf accidentally aided them when he blew out the power to the town.

Fact is, while Wolf does look good, has cool tools and has an interesting status/job (he is not a hunter like the previous ones)....he is not as good as people think, the only reason people think that is probably because he is arguably the only good thing in the movie. Its is easy to show how "good" he is when everything else around him sucks.

There is no point trying to explain the skinning scene because there literally isn't really a reason for it other than being an obvious homage to Predator 1.

Original Predator

Original Predator

P2 pred stands out to me.  More personality, more "edge" to his game.

The scene that stands out to me was the slaughterhouse....Key's team smoked out the whole slaughter house, Pred comes back to his little "spot", something isn't adding up to him....he does multiple scans with his vision technology...waits....looks....still unsure...then catches on to what's going on. That whole sequence was brilliantly "acted" out by Kevin Peter Hall.  Loved his mannerisms in that scene and the entire movie.  To me that was the "best" predator in all the movies.  KPH being able to wear the suit again...you can tell he really was immersed in what the Pred was. 

Any Pred after KPH, is not nearly "acted" as well.  (And I'm not sure how that's being ignored.) 

The whole Wolf thing doesn't really add up.  He was sent as a "cleanup" crew to an already out of hand situation, almost as if the Pred clan new it was a lost cause...so just send "Wolf" to keep as much as possible at bay. 

He was at best a bull- in- a- china- shop when it came to combat and/or keeping quiet. 

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Original Predator on Mar 26, 2018, 06:39:40 PM

The scene that stands out to me was the slaughterhouse....Key's team smoked out the whole slaughter house, Pred comes back to his little "spot", something isn't adding up to him....he does multiple scans with his vision technology...waits....looks....still unsure...then catches on to what's going on. That whole sequence was brilliantly "acted" out by Kevin Peter Hall.  Loved his mannerisms in that scene and the entire movie.  To me that was the "best" predator in all the movies.  KPH being able to wear the suit again...you can tell he really was immersed in what the Pred was. 

I totally agree, the way he stands back right after he saw the lights in his vision modes, like he was saying "ohh ok you wanna f**k with me mmm let's see that !", perfect !

Original Predator

Original Predator

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 26, 2018, 08:02:48 PM
Quote from: Original Predator on Mar 26, 2018, 06:39:40 PM

I totally agree, the way he stands back right after he saw the lights in his vision modes, like he was saying "ohh ok you wanna f**k with me mmm let's see that !", perfect !

Right!!!!

He totally gave this "let's do this" attitude before he went and destroyed Key's team.

prototypeXIII

prototypeXIII

Scar, followed by Anytime.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Jungle Hunter > City Hunter > Scar > Berserker > Wolf

happypred

happypred

Wolf by a country mile

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed