Post Your Custom Figures/Models

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 11:25:15 AM

Author
Post Your Custom Figures/Models (Read 657,562 times)

REYALS

REYALS

Quote from: Njm1983 on Feb 05, 2011, 09:49:17 PM
Man all the custom paint jobs are so good. I dont have the patience for that kind of work. My custom is kinda sloppy, but its finished:

I changed back to the Zerkers original armor, and put a big plasma caster from AVP on his shoulder. I also used a different strap across his abdomen.

I actually like the Tiger look you gave him. Really interesting.

Njm1983

Njm1983

Quote from: REYALS on Feb 09, 2011, 05:59:11 PM
Here is a custom Tracker I re-painted and messed with.

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af37/RickyCme/S7305920.jpg

I'd really like to see it in brighter lighting. From what I can tell though he looks pretty primal. He could easily be a leader of a hunting clan that uses the dogs exclusively. Very cool.

Thanks for the comments on my tiger-zerker. The concept was cool, the execution not so much. If I did it over I'd use a darker base for the white and orange then use lighter / brighter versions dry brushed over to really bring out the detail. I was a little bummed because the clear gloss I applied muddled some of the colors into each other. I'm still happy with it, but I feel my Celtic is better because "less is more" and I've only painted his armor to match, rather than give him an all new color scheme.

REYALS

REYALS

I will try to get some better pics of him this weekend. :)

InvisibleLimits

InvisibleLimits

Here is a WIP, whipped up a face for the HT Falconer, and made his helmet fit snug and able to attach/detach easily. Had to use a Dremel tool at work to sand down some plastic on the inside of the mask, and then I added some thick leather lace to the inside between where the mandibles fit in, and between the upper mandibles and the brow area. Fits more snug than the Berserker mask! Face is almost done, need to tighten up a few parts, and fix some spots HT missed... Almost there!

uruk

uruk

can't wait, you're doing absolutely great job on this.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Fantastic job Invisible Limits. ;D

REYALS

REYALS

:o Whoa... InvisibleLimits... that is some dedication. Looks really sweet man.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I don't know what to say InvisibleLimits... you're amazing. Can't wait to see the 'finished product'. ;D

REYALS

REYALS

Are you going to give away some material used and techniques?  ;D

InvisibleLimits

InvisibleLimits

For the custom job? I have no secrets, my friends. Well, in regards to customs, ha. I'll do a rundown of what was done after work today, or tomorrow. He's all done painting wise ('cept his damn right eye, DOH!), just gotta put some clearcoat on him, and put his damned head back on.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Ok two things IL
1. Please tell me everything you did to it! Please?!?
2. Are you going to do a custom paint job on Tracker?

InvisibleLimits

InvisibleLimits

Alright, got around to taking pictures of my completed unmasked Falconer. Turned out pretty Ok I guess. As far as materials used, well I had a second berserker head, used the face bits off of that. And then just the same cheap acrylic paints I always do. Oh, and superglue, great for plastics, and to bond flesh when you put an exacto knife blade into your thumb! Then I clearcoated it, first with matte clear coat, then some satin poly spray.

As far as techniques used, nothing special, just a lot of drybrushing, and washes. I applied my knowledge of painting the Neca falconer, and kinda applied it to the HT head. Also using the HT berserker head as a reference too, mind you. Had to paint more dots, I hate painting goddamned dots...

As far as tracker goes, I'm sure I'll buy him, not so sure if I'll go thru the trouble of giving him a face. We'll see how lazy I get later on this year. Anyway, here it is, hope you guys dig it!

Cap. Fitzgerald

Why exactly does it warn not to take off the mask?
Is it unable to go back on afterwards?

uruk

uruk

how could you ignore the instructions!?  ;D

fantastic job dude. hats off to you.

Master

Master

Impresive... This is just beautifull.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed